Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Religion Necessary?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Religion Necessary?

I don’t think religion is needed to keep a society together. In fact, I think in some cases it would do more harm than good. So I don’t think religion is needed in that aspect.

I do think that the human psyche needs a belief system to look to. Whether it be a religion or science. I think that everyone needs something to look toward to help them shape their beliefs. In that sense, I think religion or rather some sort of belief is needed.

So all in all, in community settings it wouldn’t be needed but for the individual I think religion or some form of belief is needed.

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    I don’t think religion is needed to keep a society together. In fact, I think in some cases it would do more harm than good. So I don’t think religion is needed in that aspect.

I do think that the human psyche needs a belief system to look to. Whether it be a religion or science. I think that everyone needs something to look toward to help them shape their beliefs. In that sense, I think religion or rather some sort of belief is needed.

So all in all, in community settings it wouldn’t be needed but for the individual I think religion or some form of belief is needed.
    Hence the way I believe. Belief, like Religion, Magick and so on is all a leap of faith. That leap of faith can be direction through this world, or as I have stated in another post a safety belt for those who'd have it.

Faith, in science and logic or Belief in a higher power helps shape who we are. Because reality may go on more then one scale. This includes our own, which is brought out by our perspective of things.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

OK stop the insults. I can read fine, i just don't like being told I can't. I have aspergers' so piss off.

Newbie shoru is off to a good start shoru's Avatar
    Thanks

In my personal opinion religion is needed. However when discussing religion one needs to have an open mind. My reasoning for saying that is based on personal experience. I have many friends that are bible thumpers, atheist, Wicca, druid, evolutionist, and realist. We regularly discus religion and our personal opinions on it. The way I see it is no really knows what is the right thing to believe, it's not like someone is going to die and come back and tell us which religion is the right one, or if religion matters. In addition to that, think of this. When some one is lying on the ground about to die what is the first thing they yell out. Most the time it's OH GOD. You never here people call out to Satan, Darwin, or some other scientist. In my life I have noticed something to be constant, which is the belief in GOD, Lord Jesus, the Holly father. For others that maybe different.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for that post. I don't have the communication skills to tell someone that.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima9
    Religon is needed. What would we do if we let everyone carry out whatever comes to mind? Science has caused just as many deaths as religon. I mean just think about the Atomic Bomb, a creation that has killed millions of people. Also what about the people that made guns for us to use that are never used for hunting. Also, don't forget about land mines which kill thousands of people everyday. Religon makes sense in a world of evil.
    I agree. And yes it is the people that make the desision to pull the trigger or make the bombs but if they had religion then they wouldn't have had the thouhgt to do it.
    Religion is supposed to teach us the wrongs and rights and the bible says that we are not to kill other man. it is a crime of legal and moral laws.
    And yes the jihad do kill because of their god but that is there culture.
    I also belive that with religion there is hope. And with hope you can feel as if you can do whatever you want and that your life hasn't ended because somthng bad happend.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth
    For example on 9/11, when my aunt dies, i did pray......and i think the majority people pray if something goes wrong globally or personally.....
    This is how I see this. I dont agree with it. This is what I think is wrong. People in general that do not go to church will pray when somthing goes wrong. But never when things are good.
    That is just not right to me. Mainly because you expect "God" the one being you never took interest in until somthing goes wrong to fix everything because something goes bad. That is like making it seem like he is the reason that the bad stuff happend.
    You only have interest in him when you have problems but once the problems go away you could care less of his existence.

That jsut dosn't seem right to me.
    but thats just me.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie shoru is off to a good start shoru's Avatar
    Thanks

Free will is what that's called. God gave it to us when he created us. He wants to go to him by choice. Not just when everything is bad, but also good. He wants us to rejoice for all time, and to exalt him. What is a church described as? In the bible and early books a church is described as a meeting of people who speak the word of God. It does not say it is a building or any other man made structure; it is but a meeting of people. Thus this very internet site is a church, generally speaking because we are discussing God. I personally do not go to church, but I do not forget about god. I pray every night, for all that is good in my life, and pray for the bad to go away. However one should not think of religion as a (do this, do that, and nothing else.) Religion with god is a relationship (Not a bad one, for those immature people.) Just like any other relationship one has to give a little (Praise) to receive a little (enlightenment, good fortune, etc.)

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoru
    Free will is what that's called. God gave it to us when he created us. He wants to go to him by choice. Not just when everything is bad, but also good. He wants us to rejoice for all time, and to exalt him. What is a church described as? In the bible and early books a church is described as a meeting of people who speak the word of God. It does not say it is a building or any other man made structure; it is but a meeting of people. Thus this very internet site is a church, generally speaking because we are discussing God. I personally do not go to church, but I do not forget about god. I pray every night, for all that is good in my life, and pray for the bad to go away. However one should not think of religion as a (do this, do that, and nothing else.) Religion with god is a relationship (Not a bad one, for those immature people.) Just like any other relationship one has to give a little (Praise) to receive a little (enlightenment, good fortune, etc.)
    YES!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!
    THANK YOU!!
    You should most definatly pray no matter what is going on.
    I could have never put it better myself
    ^_^

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast