Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Religion Necessary?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Religion Necessary?

well, i believe that religion causes wars, not faith.

personally, i couldn't really live without my faith... it's something really close to my heart. sure, religion has done some pretty horrible things to people, but is it any better or worse then the other things people fight over...

look, even if there was no religion, people would find some other kind of beleif to argue over, it's just in people's nature. it's not the faith that's the problem, it's that people are trying to be holier then others in all the wrong ways... they argue over candlesticks and geneology and property... but that's not what the faith is trying to say...

God said to love him and to love people, everything else has been horribly misconstruted... ^_^ at least that's my two cents!

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    I don’t think religion is needed to keep a society together. In fact, I think in some cases it would do more harm than good. So I don’t think religion is needed in that aspect.

I do think that the human psyche needs a belief system to look to. Whether it be a religion or science. I think that everyone needs something to look toward to help them shape their beliefs. In that sense, I think religion or rather some sort of belief is needed.

So all in all, in community settings it wouldn’t be needed but for the individual I think religion or some form of belief is needed.
    I agree with you Reliogion is need because the human race is always look for a higher soucre of security to thank when goood happens or forsake when the worst does religions like a gold fish your attent at first then slowly get bored. im un- religious because most religions contradict themselve but i have no problem with people wjo are religiousits what they believ in and with that i accept them its the religious bastereds that are rude and try to convert you every chance they get!
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Depends on what you mean by religion.

Many people get along just fine without any form of religion. While others practice what they want of it, and forgo the rest.

It's not necessary. People do survive without it, but many do feel they need it. So to each his/her own.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

The real question is, "why not have religion"?.

The importance of religion lies primarily in the moral and socio-moral aspect of man's existence.Man is not merely a physical being. On the contrary, man has a strong moral aspect to his existence. This moral and socio-moral aspect of man's existence is the foundation on which the legal and social structures that we see in all the societies have evolved overtime. It is in fact the acceptance, appreciation and realization of mutual rights and responsibilities, which has resulted in the strong bonds of family, friendship, tribe and society.

In essence, therefore, 'religion' holds significance in man's life because man knows himself to be morally obliged to acknowledge and respond, in the most appropriate and befitting manner, to the great bounties and privileges that God has bestowed upon him.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally and honestly don't believe that religion isn't necessary. Once you look at it all, they all believe in GOD. Why do we have to choose a religion, when in actuality it makes no sense since they all are worshiping the same man. GOD! No matter how you look at it, they all are worshiping GOD.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 59wayz View Post
    I personally and honestly don't believe that religion isn't necessary. Once you look at it all, they all believe in GOD. Why do we have to choose a religion, when in actuality it makes no sense since they all are worshiping the same man. GOD! No matter how you look at it, they all are worshiping GOD.
    Of course, but thats not really the reason why religion exist and the reason why it still exist. But you got the main point I think

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 59wayz View Post
    They are all worshipping GOD? You mean christians, muslims, and jews worship god. Buddhists dont, shintoists dont, taoists dont, the greeks and romans didnt... Do not generalize.

Newbie Alondra is off to a good start Alondra's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we do need it. I prayed and prayed when I was little when my aunt was sick, when she died I was angry and asked God probably the same questions everyone else does when they're going through rough times, but after meeting my friends family I realized that believing in something may not have all the answers, but it's a release. It depends I suppose how you feel about it but when it comes down to religion I think people are looking for something to console and not necessarily to explain. Some aren't looking for answers persay, they are just looking for something to guide them from day to day!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast