+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 310

Thread: Religion, is it true?

  1. #1
    AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    death and life again
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts

    Religion, is it true?

    this is a touchy subject with many people but I have to go there... Does a greater being exsists??? DO you think that there is a "God" or something out there? Do you really go into a "better" place after death??? Or is that something that some people want you to believe??? Is it all true ask yourself taht are we created in an instent; are we a doll form to something bigger? Do we even live? Are we "alive"????? Do we have the right to destroy the homes of animals that do not have a say in it all??? What if one day a dog with a knife just felt like stabing you because what the humans are doing to the earth??? How whould you like it??? Will we all die at 2012??? will we all cease to exsist at that time??? How will we live or die; how will we be killed?? Slowly or in a instent?????

    (not trying to offend really anyone with this but think about it and reply plz)

    -Thank You
    Last edited by basilisk888; Apr 15, 2008 at 03:31 AM.
    death and life are one and the same

  2. #2
    Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Coalhurst Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,900
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 183 Times in 148 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    When it comes to matters of faith, whether something is true or not is entirely up to what ever you belive in. You make the choice in what you belive in, others my express what they think is true, but even then, its your choice whether you let that influnce you.

    And I belive that you're talking about December 21, 2012 (2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

  3. #3
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Well said, aceman67... But aren't you being a tad too relativistic here? I mean, things exist (or do not exist) regardless of whether we believe in them or not. So can't we say the same for religion? That is, God MUST exist, or else he does not.

    If you ask me, I'd say he does.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  4. #4
    Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sadly, Michigan
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    When it comes to matters of faith, whether something is true or not is entirely up to what ever you belive in. You make the choice in what you belive in, others my express what they think is true, but even then, its your choice whether you let that influnce you.

    I agree with this. It really is all on how you see it as. The only way to see if it is true is to die,

    For my view, if here is a higher power, I doubt it manifests itself into a being, and if it does I HIGHLY doubt it's the way the Christian Religion views it, or any other religion really.

    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

  5. #5
    Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Well I really have to say that God does exist. I don't understand the concept of thinking he doesn't. The scientific way of thinking really does make sense to me. Especially since it keeps getting disproven left and right recently.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

    Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

  6. #6
    Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sadly, Michigan
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Well I really have to say that God does exist. I don't understand the concept of thinking he doesn't. The scientific way of thinking really does make sense to me. Especially since it keeps getting disproven left and right recently.

    Hmm, funny. Sounds a lot like something else I know. >Giggle squeek titter<

    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

  7. #7
    Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    somewhere far far away from here.
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Religion is just something that people have in order to make them feel better about themselves. It's a mini ego boost. The whole "faith" thing makes them feel better about themselves and gives them closure. It's a nice little concept. It gives them closure about death and life and that someone realy is watching over you. What's not so great about it is that you get the self-rightoues like many Bible bangers telling you its one way or the highway when in reality there is never one true path or one true way.

    I have stated once before that while I still believe in God I do believe in the scientific way of thinking. It makes more sense and makes things a little easier to understand. I do understand how people can not believe in God. The only piece of literature r history for that matter that says that Jesus ever existed is the Bible. One book with mini-books inside of it. But the problem is that its missing a couple parts. It's incomplete.

    As far as 2012 is concerned people have been saying that the world is going to end for thousands of years. What makes 2012 so bloody special?

  8. #8
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    this is a touchy subject with many people but I have to go there... Does a greater being exsists??? DO you think that there is a "God" or something out there? Do you really go into a "better" place after death??? Or is that something that some people want you to believe??? Is it all true ask yourself taht are we created in an instent; are we a doll form to something bigger? Do we even live? Are we "alive"????? Do we have the right to destroy the homes of animals that do not have a say in it all??? What if one day a dog with a knife just felt like stabing you because what the humans are doing to the earth??? How whould you like it??? Will we all die at 2012??? will we all cease to exsist at that time??? How will we live or die; how will we be killed?? Slowly or in a instent?????

    (not trying to offend really anyone with this but think about it and reply plz)

    -Thank You
    God (Allah) exists ... i'm a muslim and i believe we'll go to heaven or hell after death ... we're alive because we think we are and we're not because we also think we are ... we won't die at 2012 because it sounds stupid to me to know when humanity is going to end because there's always hidden truths that won't be disclosed and this is one of them ... we'll die in a way that Allah will decide and till that time we only have to wait and see ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Religion Necessary?
    By Tetsanosuke Kirikami in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
  2. True Feelings About A True Person....
    By equinn in forum Poems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2007, 01:42 PM
  3. True Name True Power -- Tarot Method, Ancient truth with a twist
    By darkness of an angel in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
  4. Religion
    By kedar in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2006, 02:26 PM
  5. religion
    By Wing 0 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2005, 09:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts