+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion, is it true?

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religon, is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    That's because we haven't really agreed on terms or initial premises yet. So are you here to debate or are you here to troll? Get serious, for your own sake.
    >.< you have not been reading any of the posts so far have you? well in one of them I'm serious now... (read before you post)
    death and life are one and the same

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    but what about civil wars? were does that fall?
    Huh?! do you even have to think about it? ,some for the first reason and some for the second depending on the motivation starting it.

never said "pure" in that context... mybe I said another bad word... when I ment "pure" I ment perfect...

I can see what your getting at but nothing in this world is "pure" so why sould religon be "pure" there might be some or most things in religons that are good things to try to do but you can never have something that is "pure"
    (also if you must know not everyone believes in it...)
    I guess you said that one of these days
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh?! do you even have to think about it? ,some for the first reason and some for the second depending on the motivation starting it.
    yes I did thank you very much; civil war...

never said "pure" in that context... mybe I said another bad word... when I ment "pure" I ment perfect...
    I guess you said that one of these days
    but it was in place of perfect...

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

yes I did thank you very much; civil war...

but it was in place of perfect...

I didn't manage to think that you would get angry that easily ... also your last post didn't give any adding points,so what do you mean?
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Thanks

I didn't manage to think that you would get angry that easily
    angry?

also your last post didn't give any adding points,so what do you mean?
    no clue... just saying what about the civil war... it was to... oh nvm...
    I sure there is some war that had another reason...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

oh well I think that we will not come to an agree ment... but here it goes:
    -nothing can be "true"
    -nothing can be "pure"
    you can believe what you think is "pure" but just know that not all people agree with you...
    Can I point out that the two of you are arguing the difference between subjective truth and absolute truth? Subjective truth is anything any person believes to be true and absolute truth is true whether anyone believes it or not. For example; all religion is true because people believe it is (subjective truth), or truth can be found in religions but unless it is 100% correct the religion isn't "true" (absolute truth).
    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Religion is true and it has truth that is for each single individual believing in a religion around the globe .. it's not the religion that matters but how much you believe in it and give to protect.
    Completely subjective truth and something I don't hold to since it is perfectly possible to believe something that is not true and never will be. Believing false truths leads to confusion and suffering. You cannot change the natural laws of cause and effect and calling something "good" that isn't won't change the consequences of your actions.

I have to come down on basilisk's side on the subject. As far as I am concerned, and for the reason stated above, absolute truth is much more important that subjective truth. However you have to separate truth from the people trying to live by it since people are both fallible and as mentioned before have their own will and choice (in Christian beliefs it isn't free).

...And yes, you can have wars where both sides believe they are the ones in the right. That doesn't mean both of them are or even either of them are. Subjective truth.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

0.0 *stuned* we are?
    (told you so LichGriffin =P)
    well anyways... I got nothing to say 0.0
    (nothing is pure)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

0.0 *stuned* we are?
    (told you so LichGriffin =P)
    well anyways... I got nothing to say 0.0
    (nothing is pure)
    Nothing?

Even so if you have admitted to yourself that there are truths in religion doesn't it then become your responsibility to find out what they are? What if there actually is a religion that is true? I know I am not the only one who believes I have found one what if one of us is right? How will you know if you don't look? Even if you don't find one in my experience education is never a waste and the search for truth is always worth it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast