+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 310

Thread: Religion, is it true?

  1. #33
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Thank you but knowing him is related to nationality more than religion ... i mean I and all Arabs with no doubt know of all his accomplishments and many many others like him but i doubt Non-Arabs would do (and we can't blame them) ...
    Where I come from, though (and I'm not Arab, by the way), even non-Arabs and non-Muslims hold him in high esteem. Even some serious Christian thinkers use his arguments to blast away at atheists. And they usually win, as a result. OUCH.



    Oh shi- I was posting in rapidfire succession. Hassun, anyone... Could you please come by and remove this for me? Sorry and thanks!
    Last edited by psychical; Apr 17, 2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Consecutive post... Could a mod come by and delete this for me? Thanks
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  2. #34
    Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    somewhere far far away from here.
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    I'm a theist, so it's good to know that we now have some common ground, you and I. Let's be good friends, shall we?

    I can't help but agree with you there that SOME (but not ALL) Christians use their faith to big up themselves (e.g. politicians, televangelists, etc.). That's actually un-Christianly, if you look at what Christianity actually stands for.

    Anyways, back to the subject of believing. Let's put religious texts such as the Quran and the Bible aside for now; we might get back to those later, should the need arise. So you believe in God (or a god, or gods), and your friends are pagans. Tell me, my friend, why do they believe in what they believe in? Just curious


    My friends believe in the pagan religions (yes I said religions..there is more than one pagan religion) because many of them believe that the Earth is great and wonderful. That nature is God and Goddess and that they respect nature. Another reason for them believing (I would think) is because some of them have been Christian and some of the views held by other Christians and the religious text have rubbed them the wrong way. (for example my friend is a lesbian and it says that homosexuality is a sin but slavery is okay.)

  3. #35
    Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere I like to be
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    this is a touchy subject with many people but I have to go there... Does a greater being exsists??? DO you think that there is a "God" or something out there? Do you really go into a "better" place after death??? Or is that something that some people want you to believe??? Is it all true ask yourself taht are we created in an instent; are we a doll form to something bigger? Do we even live? Are we "alive"????? Do we have the right to destroy the homes of animals that do not have a say in it all??? What if one day a dog with a knife just felt like stabing you because what the humans are doing to the earth??? How whould you like it??? Will we all die at 2012??? will we all cease to exsist at that time??? How will we live or die; how will we be killed?? Slowly or in a instent?????

    (not trying to offend really anyone with this but think about it and reply plz)

    -Thank You
    First,I want you to ask yourself a question:where did god concept came from?
    from that you can see that god is known from his prophets who he sent to us to worship him,from the begining of mankind till know;eventhough many people don't belive in god
    So you see that I really belive in god with all my confidence
    & about your question
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Do you really go into a "better" place after death??? Or is that something that some people want you to believe???
    everyone after death is going to be judged then we'll go to either heaven or hell
    & about:
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Do we even live? Are we "alive"?????
    We are alive & I belive that life here in this universe is a big test for all of us & real life is after we die either in heaven or hell(you choose!)
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Do we have the right to destroy the homes of animals that do not have a say in it all??? ???
    I have a question about this:Why would we destroy their homes?just for fun?!
    every thing is made here for a reason,even things which we don't find a use in it exists for a reason(think if the animals just as you say felt like stabing you just because you're no use for them what would you feel?)
    We live in here to construct & Preserve the earth not to sabotage it.
    & about:
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Will we all die at 2012??? will we all cease to exsist at that time???
    no one knows when will we die or will we exist,even if whatever can't we live after that?
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    How will we live or die; how will we be killed?? Slowly or in a instent?????
    no one knows about the future,& it depends upon the way you are killed,even if you die while you're sitting down,sleeping...without no reason I think that there will always be pain(for your soul will be pulled out your body!)
    I hope now that I've helped in your questions

  4. #36
    Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Everyone is always attached to the subject of religion... maybe its just because they want meaning in their life or are trying to find meaning. I honestly do not believe in higher beings I believe you are just there, theres no fancy person making you or anything it just happens and then you live your life do as you please and then you die and theres the end to your life's story.

    As for the 2012 end of the world theory you have a better chance of the earth exploding from an alien species then it ending on a date the Myains believed to be the end of the world... they worshiped the sun and nothing can be good from doing that.

    Do we even live? Are we "alive"?????
    Thats a touchy subject of sophilism, yes we are alive I've thought about it quite the bit no mind is this complex that we could imagine a fake reality you'd be like a super computer.

    THE RULES!

    I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

  5. #37
    Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,096
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Yes i belive that we atr made by god and that he is real and we are made on this earth to serve him.

  6. #38
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    My friends believe in the pagan religions (yes I said religions..there is more than one pagan religion) because many of them believe that the Earth is great and wonderful. That nature is God and Goddess and that they respect nature. Another reason for them believing (I would think) is because some of them have been Christian and some of the views held by other Christians and the religious text have rubbed them the wrong way. (for example my friend is a lesbian and it says that homosexuality is a sin but slavery is okay.)
    Hi again, DFD! Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, and I'm sorry I had to reply just now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reasons for believing that you've given me so far -- because of great reverence for nature, because of opposition to Christianity -- are subjective (that is, they depend on your own experiences, ideas, and perspectives rather than the nature of the object of your belief), which are good, albeit personal, reasons to believe.

    Now let's take the argument a bit further. Could you help my curiosity again, and tell me this time not why they believe it is true, but what is it about their religion that makes it true, regardless of whether people believe in it or not, or whether people know about it at all?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  7. #39
    Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Any where and every where.
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    It really doesnt matter if it is true or not it is more of a faith thing. So there is no way that you can say that it is right or wrong people beleave what they want to. And beleaving that there is a higher power makes people have hope after life. Cause me personaly i dont like it when people are like we become a tree or somthing like that. Cause that in my opinion would suck i lived this life as a human and now i am a tree that is great i had thumbs as a human what do i have as a tree roots that hold me down. i would ratherr beleave in a higher power cause that give us hope and things to look forward to in the futher. And what i have seen personaly you are not afaid to die when you beleave in god or somthing else cause you know you are going to a better place when you leave this world. So there is no way you can say is it true it is all a matter of who has the faith and who does not beleave.

    "Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #40
    AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    death and life again
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: Religon, is it true?

    lol this whole post is so FUNNY!!! hehehehehehe this is so funny because this conversation with you all is point less. This has not point! I can't change what you think and you cann't change what I think. Wuhahahahahahahahaha ^.^
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Religion Necessary?
    By Tetsanosuke Kirikami in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
  2. True Feelings About A True Person....
    By equinn in forum Poems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2007, 01:42 PM
  3. True Name True Power -- Tarot Method, Ancient truth with a twist
    By darkness of an angel in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
  4. Religion
    By kedar in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2006, 02:26 PM
  5. religion
    By Wing 0 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2005, 09:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts