Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    the science is nothing more than guess-work anyway. carbon dating is only accurate to 100 thousand years. and blackhammer, a stupid priest came up with that 6000 year ESTIMATE, but he was later proven dead wrong. the earth is around 140,000 years old, assuming that civilization occured roughly 100 generations or so after adam and eve.
    What sources do you have to back that number (140,000 years old) up and to disprove the "ESTIMATE" the priest made? Also carbon dating isn't a scientific method but a mathematical one and we all know if you change any one part of the equation that it could be a change in Billions of years...not to mention they have no way of proving mathematically that the equation is truly accurate.

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks
    nor do they have any way to prove that the existence of "God" is accurate.

Less so than a mathematical equation
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    nor do they have any way to prove that the existence of "God" is accurate.

Less so than a mathematical equation
    True...so then you could say it takes just as much "faith" to believe either of them right?

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't trust math it limits you to much.

Damn it I wanna fly!
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    What sources do you have to back that number (140,000 years old) up and to disprove the "ESTIMATE" the priest made? Also carbon dating isn't a scientific method but a mathematical one and we all know if you change any one part of the equation that it could be a change in Billions of years...not to mention they have no way of proving mathematically that the equation is truly accurate.
    140,000 is a give or take because some of the lines are missing, but i got it out of a book "The trail of god" or something like that, wasn't really that interesting and i forgot the author (some wierd name). he used several other obscure sources and showed the ~140000. anyway, chinese people have WRITTEN RECORDS going back further than that stupid priest, so he had to be wrong.

and ya, i know about the carbon dating. i'm just saying that the equation no longer makes sense for an object older than that because it flatlines at like 100000000000000 or something unless you add numbers that have no right being there.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The fact still remains, despite what anybody believes, that the bible has been translated and rewritten so many times that it's impossible to determine its full originality and whether or not it was even real. It could have been just something made up as a means of control(not trying to offend any of you believers, this is just my views.).

It just seems to me somewhat silly and pointless to place your belief and faith in something that absolutely no one can actually prove is real.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    fayt lingod you are wrong. the world goes back to b.c ,a.d and as far a we know it the world had been in exsistance for 2006 years. if the b.c and a.d period lasted that was a roughly combined estimate to what your guess is now. i will do research but yes fayt you are mistaken

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Excuse me for interrupting this religious debate but did Princesslady seriously just say the world was only 2000 years old?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast