Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    no i didnt. i say as far as we know the world is 2006 years old as far as our knowledge knows but its much older.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well as long as you realize the earth has been here way more than 5000 years you're okay.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    didnt i just say the earth is much older then 2006 yeARS OF AGE? yes i know. actually no one knows how long it's been here.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie RAve master may be famous one day RAve master may be famous one day RAve master's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe in word of God or religion Because they can help us connect to God
    The Strong Shall Live And The Weak Shall Die

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ok...the way i see it.....Religion exists to those who believe in it. For if there were no believers there would be no religion.

To those like me, there is no god or gods. But to those who believe in such things, they most certainly do exist.

It all comes down to belief and faith. If you believe it, then it is real...to you. If not then it isnt real to you. As long as you trust in what you believe, then who cares what others believe??

Basically put, to each their own.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I entrust my moral beliefs in what that is engraved in the sacred scriptures. No need to waste anymore words on that. Anyway.

~!!! If I ever some to stand in way with that which is graced as the truth within those sacred scriptures, flying against my beliefs, I regard that as something that is in need of further contemplation ~!!! [..] Who is to say that whatever you read is what that is truly intended to be meant?!? I believe that contridictions arise due to a human weakness - misunderstanding.. Not so long ago.. I have realized that I was drowning into that weakness among many a things. It pertains not only to beliefs, however, even in life for that matter. If one truly considers to introspect the deeper, subtlest meaning behind all that comes to surface one's mind, that one will gradually come to value the purest of all truths.

That's just my opinion.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Zelda14 View Post
    everybody has a diff. opinion. i dont think there is someone out there that TOTALLY belives what there paster teaches. honestly, i perfer to teach myself out of the bible because i knoe that the bible DOES NOT lie.
    Well yeah, not even pastors know everything, but they at least know better than me, so the only way I'm gonna get taught is if I listen. Of course, there may be some inconsistencies, and when those arise I discuss them with other Christians, or go look up the Bible.

There are some opinions I have that go against my religion, but like Zelda said, the Bible doesn't lie, and though I may kick up a huge fuss about it, at the end of the day I'll give in and let religion win. After all, I believe the Bible was inspired by God. How could I possibly know better than God?

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: religion vs. beliefs.

although the general truth of the bible is still true, the minute details are arguably bungled over many years of human interferace. one who believes in the bible must learn to know the SPIRIT of the law and not the LETTER. a perfect example is gays, are we gonna go to hell because we accept gays as a country? i sure hope not!

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast