Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    what im saying is say your christian and god says being gay is a sin and you automaticly go to hell, but yet you think being gay is fine, even though it goes against nature, it's fine and the person who is gay is stil a human being and not a social reject. is it ok to defy your religion but yet not go against it?
    Well first Christianity does not teach that being gay sends you to hell. The only act that "sends" one to hell is un-belief or not putting your faith in Jesus as your Lord & Savior...but I understand you were just trying to give me an example...so let me use your example to try and establish my stance on what you said.

I will put it like this...as a Christian there are things we consider "law" (items that were taken from Judaism and we as Christians adopted & built upon them). Now you have to understand that in Judaism they must follow all aspects of the law to get to heaven and if they fail to do so then they must commit a ritual sacrifice in order to have their trespasses against the law forgiven.

As a Christian you have to understand we live under “grace” not “law” which means we are not bound to obey the law as a means to get to heaven. This is because when Jesus died for our “sins” we were issued a permanent pardon for our sins as long as we choose to accept that pardon and put our trust in him to well “save” us. However this does not mean that we have free reign to do what ever we please but that there are aspects of the “law” that aren’t necessarily followed anymore much less as a requirement to get to heaven. Also there are aspects of the law that were written for the Jews in the time that they were a live that just aren’t applicable anymore.

An example of this is the stoning of sodomites (gays) for being… sodomites…it just isn’t applicable to do that anymore now is it? This doesn’t mean that we as Christians condone or believe that homosexuality is “right” but that we don’t go out killing them just because they are such. They have the same opportunity as we do to believe what they will. It is just our stance that they are “wrong” in their beliefs.

I guess what I am saying is, FOR ME I don’t see this example as much as going against the “beliefs” of my religion for allowing others to do as they wish as much as I see it conforming to the acceptance that others believe differently. All my responsibility is that I am to give them the opportunity to see what I believe and make their own choice. Religion is a personal thing not a social one...though it should be evident enough in your life to be seen by others.

Now if I practiced homosexuality then I would say that is an instance where I was going against my religion….I just can’t think of an example where I actually do that....meaning go against my religious beliefs.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i see now. but isnt being gay going against christianity law and isnt it a sin?
    thats what i been taught. i been taught that if your christian and your gay,WHICH IM NOT!!!, you can go to hell for commiting that sin. and this sin went against god say so and therfore is "law".
    i get what your saying but what i been taught and what your saying doesnt quite go together hand in hand.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Religion is what you whant to belive and beilef is what you realy believe in.
    {ok that sounds stupid, but it hting its ok}

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks
    If what chiefblackhammer is right than my last post still stands but with one change, one who gos off the "beaten path" then a mater of change is at pure will, one can with out a dought still believe in there own relgion, they wont get all the spoils that are oftered but still have a chance to change for the better or the forgivence. I don't think my new post is going to hold ground but I get what your talking chiefblackhammer and what your asking princesslady. Its just what you believe.
    cLoSe tHe woRLd, oPeN tHe NexT...
    Last edited by nightboyz; Oct 11, 2006 at 02:14 PM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm keeping an eye on this thread. If it get flamed, it will be shut down.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    i see now. but isnt being gay going against christianity law and isnt it a sin?
    thats what i been taught. i been taught that if your christian and your gay,WHICH IM NOT!!!, you can go to hell for commiting that sin. and this sin went against god say so and therfore is "law".
    i get what your saying but what i been taught and what your saying doesnt quite go together hand in hand.
    In Christianity being "gay" is considered a sin per the scriptures but like I said that won't send you to hell, only un-belief or not putting your faith in Jesus will do that also per the religious scriptures. You have to understand that under "grace" we are justified in our actions because they have been "forgiven" & "paid" for by Jesus' death on the cross...however we as Christians still have a duty to follow the "law" just not necessiarliy to the degree that Judaism teachs...

It is kind of confusing I know....but look at it like this...man this is going to be loose but I think you will get the idea...eating donuts is bad for you (being gay) and your doctor will tell you not to do it (religious teachings)...but if you did eat them you won't die from it (go to hell)...however you know that you shouldn't eat them so you try to not eat them (trying to be straight)...if you fail and eat them (oops gay moment) then the doctor forgives you but tells you not do it again....same concept...though I will say there is major emphasis on NOT BREAKING THE "LAW" even though we are under "grace." This is because it is wrong to reap the reward (Heaven) if you don't follow the beliefs right?

I will also flat out say I am not bashing gays or their way of life...I just don't believe that it is right..much the same as you not believing that you should be straight. My opinions are open and subjective please do not take offence by them. Hammer flames no one.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    all im asking is that if your religion beileves something and you dont believe it and you think sometihng else, are you defying your religion?

Update:

ohhh okay cheif i get it.
    i been got it immjust saying i thought it could send you to hell.
    but ima do some research first. sorry to doubt but i have been taught different and i beileve you but i wanna get some proof.

i am sorry cheif but you are wrong.
    being gay will send you to hell because it is one of the first "laws" god made about man.

The short answer is to the question is, yes, the Bible's objections to homosexual sex are plainly there in the Old Testament:

Leviticus 18:22: "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
    Romans 1:26: "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

being gay will sen you to hell becasue god said man will lie with woman not man. it may be forgiven if you dont do it again as you said.. you were right about that. god wil forgive our sins, but if you do it again, as in your example, and you keep doing it, then yes you will go to hell.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 11, 2006 at 08:47 PM.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    This debate is pointless, considering that a religion is a belief system.

And how do you make those decisions? You do by basing them on your personal beliefs and your life time experiences.
    both, but i dont really have any beliefs. i just base decisions on what i think is right or wrong

i am sorry cheif but you are wrong.
    being gay will send you to hell because it is one of the first "laws" god made about man.

The short answer is to the question is, yes, the Bible's objections to homosexual sex are plainly there in the Old Testament:

Leviticus 18:22: "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
    Romans 1:26: "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

being gay will sen you to hell becasue god said man will lie with woman not man. it may be forgiven if you dont do it again as you said.. you were right about that. god wil forgive our sins, but if you do it again, as in your example, and you keep doing it, then yes you will go to hell.

if you dont believe in god though, then being gay is not wrong
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 09, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast