Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Think about for a second...God gives us free will, thus He gave us a choice whether or not to follow his grace....tht is completely up to us...I belive to having your own free will n speaking ur mind....unfortunately there is still discrimination against races, sexuality and so forth. but slowly society is learning to accept the fact that they can nvr forcefully change their ways unless they brainwash them but tht would be jus being ruled with an iron fist.

Personally I believe in the fundamental things, unlawful killing is wrong, stealing when you're not in desperate situation i.e poor till u have rags for clothes, always respect your elders and so on. You can say wut u like abt gays going to hell n stuff but the fact remains God gave us our free will.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    to go against your religion is fine for the example at the biggining of the thread.
    is the central point of christianity that we can't be gay? NO! so to think gays are ok is in itself ok, as long as you still accept Christ as your savior.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    ok. Most threads i see here in the debate and discuss are mostly relating to most religion ideas. but some mmbers beileve other than what there religion says. To me is it wrong to believe what you think, but not go against your religion?
    i never have different idea with what is typed in my holy-book.
    even some people are too extreme about our religion, but they are they, the holy-book is holy-book, me is me, and my God is God.
    that what i believe

ok, refers to Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
    religion is
    1 [U] a belief in one or more gods: --The U.S. Constitution promises freedom of religion.// --a course on philosophy and religion//
    2 [C] a particular system of this belief and all the ceremonies and duties that are related to it: --people of different religions // --the Islamic religion// --The tribe practised a religion that mixed native beliefs and Christianity.//
    3 find/get religion: to suddenly become interested in religion in a way that seems strange to other people// --Miller found religion in prison.//
    4 sth is (like) a religion: used when saying that something is very important to someone and they are extremely interested in it and spend a lot of time doing it, watching it etc// --Football was a religion in my family.// ----------// WORD FOCUS: religion // faith one of the world's main religions, for example Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, or Christianity // church a Christian religious group, for example the Catholic Church // sect a religious group that is part of a larger religious group but has slightly different beliefs, for example a Buddhist sect // cult an extreme religious group that is not part of an established religion // faith community a group of people living in the same area, who have a particular religion // secular not relating to religion or any religious group // See also: religious, devout, orthodox, holy, sacred, atheist, agnostic//
    you guys said that a religion is made by man/mans to man. and it is set down by certain persons/person (from what i read from KnightofNi). from this i know that the laws/rules always be changed or deleted...
    but, i think you miss something...

hm.. do not you realize that there is one religion that each word, each sentence in the holy-book is the same as the oldest one.
    this is reality..
    Al-Qur'an (Koran) never changes... that said it is a book that is never being changed by human being until now. and because the time has run till this modern century, it is still the same. even there are some new rules in Islam, but Hadist and Koran never change.

so, you were wrong that all rules can be changed by us, human being. (^_^)
    just want to remind you.
    (i have no offense in this)
    Last edited by baikuza; Oct 10, 2006 at 06:56 AM. Reason: new info

Newbie crono_chris may be famous one day crono_chris may be famous one day crono_chris's Avatar
    UK, come on you obviously know were in the UK
    Thanks
    Dont get me wrong, have nothing aginst religion because its up to people wot they decide to think, although I have never believed in anything, my family have never agreed with the idea, they jus tell me over and over again, believe in yourself, believe in your own god.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    to go against your religion is fine for the example at the biggining of the thread.
    is the central point of christianity that we can't be gay? NO! so to think gays are ok is in itself ok, as long as you still accept Christ as your savior.
    That is correct if you are gay, hell is in your future, it's in the bible.

If you sin as all people do ask for forgiveness from God and help others and show respect and kindness. and #1 overall beleive in the word of God and follow it by the exact word if you're a beleiver

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    @PrincessLady

all im asking is that if your religion believes something and you don't believe it and you think something else, are you defying your religion?
    In a nutshell, yes you are defying your religion. If your religion honestly teaches against something and you feel otherwise, you are no longer in harmony with your religion. As Jesus said, you can not serve God and Mammon. If you believe your religion is true and yet, refuse some of it's teachings you are rebelling against it.

i been taught that if your christian and your gay,WHICH IM NOT!!!, you can go to hell for commiting that sin. and this sin went against god say so and therfore is
    Now, are you saying if you are attracted to the opposite sex (gay) you've already committed the sin and are going to hell, or are you discussing someone who has committed homosexual acts? There is a large difference.

If just being attracted to the opposite sex will send you to hell, then we are all in trouble. We are all tempted to sin at times, for that is Satan's job, if you will. Being attracted to the opposite sex is not the sin, acting on those impulses (temptations) is what the sin is.

Look at King David. When he stepped out on his porch and found Beth-Sheba moon bathing, that was not the sin he committed. Anyone can accidentally walk in on a poor situation. Perhaps even looking was not the sin, because he could have been surprised to find her like that. But his sin was succumbing to the temptation of having an affair with her. Then of course, he covered it up with Murder on top of it.

We are always tempted before we sin. It is not the Temptation that is the sin, or Jesus himself would have sinned when he was tempted by the devil. It's the giving in to temptation and performing the act that is the sin.

@MissMorgan
    Youve never been to Utah have you?
    Could you kindly tell me what you mean by this? You seem to indicate that those of us in Utah (and I"m assuming the Mormon faith by association) are basically mindless sheep that will automatically believe anything our Bishop tells us? If I'm talking this wrong, please tell me, because that is what it seems like to me.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Whooooo!!! Everyone seems to be putting their two cents in(as well as extra change) this thread.
    I believe if the universe is as big as it is, God wouldn't pay attention to this mudball covered with ants. He'd be paying attention to some intergalatic war light years away from us. Trust me. We arn't that big in the grand universal scheme of things....or if we were.....we'd just be pawns of higher powers. I'd rather worship myself as my own savior, cause that's whats gonna carry me through any adversity....My own stubborn will. If this doesn't make sense it's cause I'm buzzin off vodka. I need to go smoke my weed as well.....
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm a little repulsive when the sabject its relegion is not like I hate relegion i just dont believe in God...I do believe in man work and to believe in something that I never saw or reached make me angry!!! Basicly I dont really care about religion and that make me a big not believer...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast