Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Consider this: You exist because I exist.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i beileve in my religion alot and i just have to say there are some things i dont agree with about it, but am i defying it?

can you defy your religion though?
    Last edited by Sazzy; Oct 12, 2006 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Please don't double post...edit previous posts if need be

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    read the history of the Luthran church
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks
    we can defying our religion though but sometimes we just cannot win tho arguing with that because religion though and our though are very different (in gap of time). I mean that the tough (any religion) are older and more "ancient" than our modern thingking (you know...modern) which make us just cannot win with our though...

the things we though its true..could be the real truth or just approval?

i believe thre's a very powerful strengh that ruled everything but itsn't God...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love View Post
    Did the Lutheran Church go against their religion or the Dogma of the Roman Catholic Church? The Lutheran’s did not have an issue with Christianity but with things that Catholicism teaches that they felt were contrary to the Bible.

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love View Post
    the church that become so seducted by 'free your soul..you can buy it with your money..", pope who corrrupted money...that's why im not sure the truth of a religion...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Lutheran’s did not have an issue with Christianity but with things that Catholicism teaches that they felt were contrary to the Bible.
    too many exegesis..and it blurred the true meaning of Bible..the Bible said everything straightly and that's it..there's no need to examine every single word...I thing it's just to ease them..for their pleasure..(im not sure this is the right wors, but this word's the only one that poped up on mymind..)
    Last edited by Sazzy; Oct 12, 2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Do not double post.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glacier View Post
    too many exegesis..and it blurred the true meaning of Bible..the Bible said everything straightly and that's it..there's no need to examine every single word...I thing it's just to ease them..for their pleasure..(im not sure this is the right wors, but this word's the only one that poped up on mymind..)
    There is a big difference between saying that they were being petty over little things such as the meaning of one or two verses but that wasn't the issue. One example of this is that in Catholicism they teach that only priest, nuns and other devotes should or can comprehend the true nature of God's word and thus you should leave the "exegesis" to them. The disconnect The Bible states that:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
    This is just one example of something that to them was not just a disagreement of a few words but a doctrinal issue. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that Catholicism states you can't read the Bible but that you aren't (because you haven't totally devoted yourself to God) capable of complete understanding of the Bible.

Further differences between this and the Bible:
    These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John 2:26-27

A reference for basic differences: Comparison Chart: Catholic vs. Protestant Theology - ReligionFacts
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Oct 11, 2006 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks
    back to my though (yes..its my though)...is the bible the truth..(the supreme truth)? I think not..must some of its part there's aproval to something...

there's only one verse of bible, isn't there? so how could it became so many verse...(I'm sorry i'm dont have bible because i'm not christian so i cant fully answer yours)..

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast