Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glacier View Post
    back to my though (yes..its my though)...is the bible the truth..(the supreme truth)? I think not..must some of its part there's aproval to something...

there's only one verse of bible, isn't there? so how could it became so many verse...(I'm sorry i'm dont have bible because i'm not christian so i cant fully answer yours)..
    There are 66 books, 1,189 chapters & 31,103 verses in the Bible. But if you are a follower of the religion then yes the Bible is the supreme truth because as a Christian you believe it is the inspired word of God (God gave the men who wrote it the words to say for us to live by).

More then you may ever want to know about the Bible without reading it:
    Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks
    the man was "inspired"? Even when wrote about Adam and Eve? Sounds weird to me because the bible so sure about adam and eve and the science still cant approved adam and eve had existed.
    but i think we dont need any religion anymore. i dont like, for example, the church. so many church with different doctrin and vice-versa but never united, in fact they arguing each other with bible as foundation of their statement. so what's the point? religion though no longer right.
    (in my very point of view, i dont mean to offense but this all i heard on my environment)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glacier View Post
    the man was "inspired"? Even when wrote about Adam and Eve? Sounds weird to me because the bible so sure about adam and eve and the science still cant approved adam and eve had existed.
    but i think we dont need any religion anymore. i dont like, for example, the church. so many church with different doctrin and vice-versa but never united, in fact they arguing each other with bible as foundation of their statement. so what's the point? religion though no longer right.
    (in my very point of view, i dont mean to offense but this all i heard on my environment)
    See that is where I think your view is skewed, religion is not about me & you coming together to agree on everything. It is about a relationship with a “god” and the reason there are differences is the same reason there are differences with your relation with your friends and their relation with other friends.

You don’t have the same friendship with your best friend that he/she has with his parents do you? Why is that? Because the situation and people involved are different, the only thing that remains the same is your best friend. Religion is much the same concept. My relationship with “god” is not different from yours because of “god” but because you and I are different with varying thoughts and beliefs.

All a religion is are guidelines to a relationship with “god” and methods of living your life to please that “god’s” requirements. The interpretations of those ideals are based on you.

As far as science, when has science ever “proved” anything? Answer = never, why…? Boolean law is why. This is because in order for something to be “proved” it has to be true and for something to be true it has to be true in every instance and meaning possible. Science can’t test all of these instances or meanings and thus nothing is ever said to be proven only that “the evidence suggests this or that”

As for your example, yes science can’t prove Adam or Eve but I say that they can’t do it any more then they can prove Abraham Lincoln was ever alive…think about it…what can they do to prove good old Abraham Lincoln? DNA tests? How do we know the DNA is Abraham Lincoln’s? Pictures? How do we know they are real? Etc….

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    that is a very good argument chiefblackhammer, now if only i had managed to say that first... i totally agree with you 100%

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks
    God does not say to hate, descriminate, or treat badly people who are different than you. Yes being homosexual is a sin in christianity. But befriending on or accepting one is not a sin. People have this idea that God saying one thing means that all these other things that he never said applys. God says to love thine enemy, thy neighbor..... it doesn't say don't talk to someone who is different like there an insect.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    God does not say to hate, descriminate, or treat badly people who are different than you. Yes being homosexual is a sin in christianity. But befriending on or accepting one is not a sin. People have this idea that God saying one thing means that all these other things that he never said applys. God says to love thine enemy, thy neighbor..... it doesn't say don't talk to someone who is different like there an insect.
    noone said that he did. i doubt highly that being a homosexual will make men go to hell, since when was that the HIGHEST sin? i just don't like gays :P.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think I said this before religions are ideas that a bunch of people agreed strongly on to the point of which they become beliefs trouble with a idea you turn in to a belief is that people tend not to like you saying their "thinking" is wrong some people are sheep and because of their upbringing wont question it. Where as others will question religion because they seem to find flaws in what they've been told.

Case in point: The Dinosaurs in the Bible
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    noone said that he did. i doubt highly that being a homosexual will make men go to hell, since when was that the HIGHEST sin? i just don't like gays :P.
    There is no such thing as a higher sin. A sin is a sin and there is none that are more or less. But that wasn't her question. If your going to blast gays. Then do it somewhere else, this is a debate not an opinion thread.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast