Closed Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: religion vs. beliefs.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    this my friend is what all religion begins to label

but seriously, I haven't got a single answer from them explain this.
    Religion suggests the world was created approx 5-7thousand years(its in the thousands i know that for sure). but that is all. nothing more and nothing less.

as for beliefs and religion, the faith i believe (dont ask me which, its pointless),
    is based on my religion(that being that it is the absolute one / the right one XD) and life exp.

Things i've seen, whether it be disappointment in god or in amazement of god. I am on the fence between both religion and reality.
    read job: 40-41
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Ask and you will receive:
    Dinosaurs and the Bible

No I will say this as I stated earlier....sin does not send you to hell which means that homosexuality will NOT send you to hell. The only way to be saved is to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Thus the only way to go to hell is to not put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. This is of course per Christianity, other religions will vary.
    this is taken from Job 40-41, thnx blackhammer
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    I don't understand what you just said. You don't believe in God, but you believe in what the Bible says? The Bible says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God," in John 1:1. So the Bible preaches God's existance, how then do you not believe in him? It's oxymoronic in nature to believe in a teacher's teachings, but not the teacher himself.

Could you expound on what you were trying to say?
    i think he means he accepts the ideal such as being a good person without the God part.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rock on LOL that used to be my user-name heh

Hammer to you I say (I removed the link some one changed it >>
    Last edited by Phoenix of Love; Oct 11, 2006 at 06:16 PM.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love View Post
    And what about the dinosaurs what does the bible say about them :P
    This is lookin at you kid.

How Do Dinosaurs Fit With the Bible?

In black and white for the confused.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks
    and if you follow the geneologies of the bible the earth's age is ACCUALLY around 140,000 years. not enough time for evolution, but enough time for the mass extinctions we see today.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks
    Hunting for trophees ,that is the result for mass extinctions i mean realy if man hunted just for food and so forth then we would not have any of that kind of problems.
    Some ppl believe in higher power than themselfs and other ,they recon man is the one to believe in but in the bible it states this about man.

Isaiah 2:22
    Stop trusting in man,
    who has but a breath in his nostrils.
    Of what account is he?
    Believe in The masters of Earth or God Himself.

Believe what u want when and where u want to ,let each man get his peace of the sunshine.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks
    no i belive in some of the thing the bible say not all of it

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ok my personal opinion....first off religion is belief. You cant have religion without belief.

I believe religion is created just as a means to control unruly people. Think about it for a moment. Most laws and the general foundation of our constitution are based off of the ten commandments and therefore religion. I personally do not believe in god.

If i you think about it, besides the laws....religion just causes problems. Most of the wars and deaths of people in those wars can all come down to religion. The Crusades is a perfect example of this.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im with vampyre, law is said to keep order, if order can not be mantaned caos will rull the world one life at a time. Religion is the same way it gives people that can't deal with what power they have a reson to mantain there life. Its a mater why should or should not do what ever.
    CloSe tHe WoRlD, OpEn tHe NexT...

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast