+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Right and Wrong

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Right and Wrong

This is a terrible debate, you're all saying the same thing.

Sure, right and wrong choices can be processed in the mind where a final decision can be made. This would be a personal decision though, and therefore not entirely right.

Stealing food for your starving family would be, to most, a justifiable wrong. But truly it is a most definite wrong. It is stealing and therefore, by default, it is bad, is it the wrong choice that could have been made even if the family starved or died. It is simple.

Even though all that has been said has its very own validity, it is incorrect in the eyes of society. Yeah, the big oppressor of the universe, the IRS of the universe has come out again to say no, screw off to a wonderful truth that is untruth.

Honestly, I do believe in what you all say, but for arguments sake... all that blab about each decision being your own choice and you yourself being the judger of right and wrong is only a means to justify the choice cast.

Things that are wrong by societies terms are wrong choices to make, it is how it goes. Those are the rules, but everyone bends them by rationalizing the fact that they did something wrong, even if the reason was noble and there is no need to rationalize, it is still wrong. That's just how the world works.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Newbie Jesse the Crowing is off to a good start
    Thanks

Your decision is your decision, you should at least listen to what your friends say, and if you still feel the same way, do what you think is right, if they are really your friends, they'll support you.
    A birth to life is what I'm after
    My first name won't be my last one
    Let the light just drip into your eyes.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not exactly sure what right or wrong is myself. One society/culture will think this is right...and another may think it is wrong. Our choices are based alot off of where we grew up, how we were raised and other such things like that. Religion is also a big part of it somtimes. For instance the Holy Bible says that murder is wrong and that you will go to hell for it. It also says that if you repent/ask for forgivness and are saved then you will go to heaven...so which one to believe? Also think about if the murder was accidental, self defense, or there was no other choice. What then? The world of right and wrong is very confusing. There are so many rules that say don't do this, but you can do it if that or this is the case. Sometimes I make a choice that mother or a friend thinks is wrong. Sometimes one of my friends make a choice that I think is wrong. We make choices for many different reasons. Cause of reason, home life, school life, neighborhood, friends, family, animals, ect ect. I suppose it all has to do with cause and effect. Many of us think that if we choose one thing only the good will come out of it. That is not so...with every decsion you make good and bad comes from it. There is no way to fight this, not any way I know of. The way we all think and act, and the way we make our choices and why may all change in the future. Only time will tell.
    Dear Dinah...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always believed that without order there's only chaos, and without chaos life is boring--I mean there is only order, LOL. Pretty much--right and wrong are like yin and yang.

I think that what you feel--not think--in your heart is RIGHT, then dammit, you're right. Most religions teach the same principles: Respect your fellow man, don't steal, be a good natured person, etc... And most of them I agree with. But there will be times where one must choose for himself. That's where it gets confusing.

I mean, someone can break in to your house, start stealing all of your valuables and attack your family. Now, in most cases like this, people are gonna want to defend themselves--we're not talkin' fight night here, we're talkin' about lives being at stake. Now if someone broke in to my crib and attacked my son and I, I'd have to kill him. I may spend a couple of nights in jail, but self-defense is "right", because I didn't "murder" him, right? I just made him a little dead. LOL.

Seriously though. It depends on the time and place. Sometimes "wrong" is right and vice versa--given the situation your in.

Otaku Candid is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree with Brent-Enix and a lot of you.

There is no "right" or "wrong" really. it's just an opinion. I mean, most crimes done are for somewhat good things. To help their family or pay for an operation or something. most people only use "right" and "wrong" to try to steer people in the right direction and make them follow laws.

If you believe that it would be RIGHT to rob a bank then it would be the right things for you. There is no dictionary definition written right in front of you in plain words what right and wrong is.
    You have to decide for yourself what the "right" thing to do is. And if what your about to do is worth it.

whoa. when did AO get so deep?

Newbie Truth may be famous one day Truth may be famous one day Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

I've often found myself wondering this also.,..and i've come to a conclusion: Right and Wrong don't exist! In my opinion, right and wrong are just ideas that society has come up with to keep things in order. Think about it, the only reason we percieve things as right or wrong is because our parents tell us what right and wrong. Morals, on the other hand, do exist. But I think there isn't one specific universal code we all follow. I think everyone has there own moral code that they follow....But thats just MY opinion...

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree.. I think right and wrong is what one person believes. Sometimes you just have to live by one's own morals.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Despite being able to find a definition for both right and wrong thanks to Webster I have to say that there is no definite way to describe what is right and wrong. The right thing may not be accepted by friends, family, or society but in the long run it will have made a positive difference or impact in the future. And a lot of times doing the wrong thing may look good to some people but could harm others in the process. Can you do something that falls under both definitions of right and just? On the other hand can you do justice to something or someone in an unlikely or wrong fashion?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast