Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Right and Wrong: who decides?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Right and Wrong: who decides?

umm, read what I said again beast, because no where in either of my previous posts did I include the phrase, "laws and law makers are not just". Nice work putting words in my mouth in your vain effort to 'serve' me.

In some ways the law is powerful, but if it unjust the people will react.
    I hope you caught my emphasis of "if" this time. I don't make rash over generalizations of law makers by idiotically believing all law makers are scum and never pass anything just.

Also, are you seriously saying the civil rights movement "didn't benefit the country"? Why not google your history again, beast, because last time I checked the civil rights movement in the 1960s was the definitive movement for eliminating racial discrimination in this country. So what, that doesn't come off as a "benefit" to you? Wow. Did you even read your post before you hit submit, or were you just drunk off your ass when you decided "hey, I'm going to try to act like I know some shit by attacking some punk user's example, rather than be a productive member of the forum and actually post about the relevant topic at hand".

I already spoke my piece about right and wrong, so Shatter can take or leave it, I'm done with this topic.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post

I hope you caught my emphasis of "if" this time. I don't make rash over generalizations of law makers by idiotically believing all law makers are scum and never pass anything just.

Also, are you seriously saying the civil rights movement "didn't benefit the country"? Why not google your history again, beast, because last time I checked the civil rights movement in the 1960s was the definitive movement for eliminating racial discrimination in this country. So what, that doesn't come off as a "benefit" to you?
    I didn't say that about laws or law makers, you did.

No it doesn't come off as a benefit to me. No were in your ranting did you actually make a case that it was beneficial to me and that is because it probably wasn't. It was people in power passing a bill to benefit a minority. Democracy is supposed to work by doing what is good for the majority. At heart I think people are separatist but that was too radical so we legislated that piece of trash.

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree Shatter but i know there is one thing we both agree on is murrder is murrder thats wrong and unacceptable but besideds that people especialy now a days think they can boss us around since we r a younger generation then them and they try to tell us right from wrong but we figure out they were wrong and we get punished for it i am kinda scethsophrenic in real life and dont trust people but i feel confertable here
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

There's nothing as right or wrong but thinking makes it so
    For me, wrong is the stuff I do which damages or at least causes bad effect to others
    "If you do not believe in yourself, hardwork is useless"
    "Might Gai" from "Naruto"

Newbie Tamahome is off to a good start Tamahome's Avatar
    Thanks

It's all about social norms. In the USA, if a girl get raped, the offender is punished and in our eyes, that is right. In a few middle eastern countries, if a girl was raped, both her and the offenders would be put to death and I guess in their eyes, that's right.

Back in ancient Greek times, having buttsex with your son was a form of male bonding.

Newbie DarkDragon is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    People in power decide what is wrong. It is an arbitrary system but one that we all have to live with. Moral and religious leaders as well guide are sense of eight and wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post

While it is true that law makers make the ethics which we call law 'official' and enforce them, they aren't truly making the rules, they are merely taking what was developed by the masses years ago and writing them down in the 'rule book', as it were.

In effect it is the masses that decide what is ethical and the election of a single or multiple people is just a way to make it easier mark my words if pedophiles became a majority in any country it would not only be legal but would already be ethical long before...(its a bad thought...isnt it?)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2