+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Root of All Evil

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Root of All Evil

You know when I think about it morals in itself could be considered the root of all evil. And I know that sounds crazy and ludicrous but hear me out.

Our morals that have been taught by our families and have been formed by our own perception of things helps us differentiate what is right and wrong. So when morality is added to the human psyche the existence of good and evil is formed in our reality of the world.

So basically if we had no morals or rather no perception of what is right or wrong then there would be no such thing as evil but at the same time there would be so such thing as good. One can't exist without the other.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i say humans are the root of all evil.
    because humans feel fear, and feel gready, or jelous, or power hungry. it doesn't matter what it is that we would fear or want so much of or what we would envy someone about its just the fact that humans feel these emotions that would make us the root of all evil.
    And you could even say that love is a root of evil because people do things that are not right for what they love.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

The Devil is the root of all evil. He tempts us with things we shouldn't do. Trys to make us stray away from our morals. And yet I can't say its all his fault. Humans help with our fair share of weakness. But for the most of it the devil.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree that the devil has a lot to do with i but i think i human weakness we let things get to use and dont trust in god and there for we sin and do evil but if we just totaly trust in god we would be better off.

sig by me

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with most of what is said and have come up with human imperfection as the root of all evil. Whatever we lack or whatever we have, humans always go overboard in trying to obtain, protect, act, and refrain in our actions. But its only natural. No one is perfect and everyone has their own faults.

Its true money tends to be a major source all the evil. But there is plenty of evil going on without money. For example the Zodiac killer, he killed for his own glory. Son of Sam murder people because he felt like it. Rapists do what they do for the thrill and the power over others. Dictators love power so they dominate other countries.

In the end, it all leads back to the 7 deadly sins. Lust, Greed, Pride, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, and Envy. For these things are what make humans imperfect and cause practically all the evil in this world.

If you want to go into the religious sense of the root of evil being the Devil, then you have to realize that God gives people choices. The Devil nor God can for anyone into doing anything. It has always been the choice of the humans to do what was right or wrong. So the only thing the Devil did was paint a pretty picture since he is an angel and not some demon with horns. Its still the humans decision to choose right from wrong.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    The Devil is the root of all evil. He tempts us with things we shouldn't do. Trys to make us stray away from our morals. And yet I can't say its all his fault. Humans help with our fair share of weakness. But for the most of it the devil.
    hummmmmmmm... I think you are giving it to much credit... we are the sourse of evil... The devil just uses it... but at the end most of the evil we come with is pure ours. I think we have good and evil in us. We are the ones who decide at the end... no one else. We do what we do because we want to... and evil is part of what we enjoy doing I don't know why. I don't find very pleasant to hurt anyone... even though sometimes I do so because my selfish desires. I am human...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say injustice is the root of all evil. Injustice of the government has lead to countless revolutions in every country's history. Even when the people rebel, it only creates a vicious circle of violence and establishes a government that will eventually be just as bad as the government the revolution took down. The germans started WWII because of the injustice of the Allies in the Treaty of Verasilles in WWI. People hold strike's because of a companies poor treatment of their workers. And if left unchecked, injustice can kill millions of lives.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Perspective is the root of all evil. Am I using that word right?

What some people consider evil, others don't. Say, for example, homosexuality. In one's perspective, it could be evil. In another's, it's not. And this "evil" comes from how one sees things.

I still think "evil" is only an adjective, which was later turned into a noun, to differentiate it from... pretty much everything in one's community / society / view, etc... But one can't ignore the fact that a view / definition? of "evil" is one held by most, if not all societies and civilizations... Evil is a very big and important adjective, obviously. Sometimes even whole nations are unanimous as to what "evil" acts are and who are "evil" people... Torture, Adolf Hitler, etc...
    Last edited by abby724; Mar 19, 2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: My "m" on my keyboard doesn't seem to be working efficiently...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast