+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Root of All Evil

Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Root of All Evil

love of money and power are the root of most evil
    this is true and the government is the main reason that there are terrorists
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a simple question.... HUMANS! if all humans are gone from the world it would be a better place... no more:
    -polution
    -exsiction (over hunting)
    -ect... ect...
    death and life are one and the same

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    In the end, it all leads back to the 7 deadly sins. Lust, Greed, Pride, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, and Envy. For these things are what make humans imperfect and cause practically all the evil in this world.
    I would agree with the 7 deadly sins. They wouldn't have been categorised with such a name if it wasn't true. Of course they might be from a religious point of view but don't they apply to life in general anyway?

Even with modern society its hard to say which deadly sin is more common but it doesn't mean that one is not common at all.
    Last edited by Sazzy; Apr 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: oooo 1,700 post... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Perspective is the root of all evil. Am I using that word right?

What some people consider evil, others don't. Say, for example, homosexuality. In one's perspective, it could be evil. In another's, it's not. And this "evil" comes from how one sees things.

I still think "evil" is only an adjective, which was later turned into a noun, to differentiate it from... pretty much everything in one's community / society / view, etc... But one can't ignore the fact that a view / definition? of "evil" is one held by most, if not all societies and civilizations... Evil is a very big and important adjective, obviously. Sometimes even whole nations are unanimous as to what "evil" acts are and who are "evil" people... Torture, Adolf Hitler, etc...
    I dunno about that. If it's a matter of perspective, then all it takes for us to eliminate evil would be to turn a blind eye on things that we consider to be evil at all times, or at least consider them to be "not evil". So would you say things like rape and genocide are evil only because we consider them as such? I don't think so.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Am more likely to answer

Excessive love and obsession for power is the root of all evil

sometimes money is just a vehicle to obtain the channels for power.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

The Devil/Sin the Devil makes sin so without him perfect world.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm quite surprised no one here has mentioned power so I will.

Power is the root of all evil because it starts wars, often makes you greedy, and not to mention clouds minds from good judgement.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Steadfast is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Perspective is the root of all evil. Am I using that word right?

What some people consider evil, others don't. Say, for example, homosexuality. In one's perspective, it could be evil. In another's, it's not. And this "evil" comes from how one sees things.

I still think "evil" is only an adjective, which was later turned into a noun, to differentiate it from... pretty much everything in one's community / society / view, etc... But one can't ignore the fact that a view / definition? of "evil" is one held by most, if not all societies and civilizations... Evil is a very big and important adjective, obviously. Sometimes even whole nations are unanimous as to what "evil" acts are and who are "evil" people... Torture, Adolf Hitler, etc...
    Whereas I do not think perspective is the root of all evil. People do use their own perspective to define and set the parameters as to what they believe evil is. Therefore within that context I agree with you 100%.

For example, one may consider being dictated to by another as to what is evil as an act of evil itself. Again, its all perspective.

As for myself in regards to what I think is the root of all evil. Nothing, since I do not give acts of evil much thought anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast