+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sacred or social?

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

Question sacred or social?

ok, so here is my question. is sex still considered "sacred" or is it more "social" in todays society? please explain what you think about it in detail and explain why.

personally, i feel sex has become more social in todays society to an extent. yea, we still ridicule people if they go out and sleep with everyone they see (well, not everybody... tends to apply more to women than men because men seem to think sleeping with more women is some sort of an accomplishment while most women tend to consider monogamy to be more admirable) but the idea of sex has become less than sacred in todays society because it's more widely accepted as social behavior. here are some examples.

in the 1950's sex was still considered sacred in the idea that it wasn't considered "ok" to have sex before marriage where as in todays society, most men lose their virginity between 13 and 15 and most women lose their virginity between 17 and 20. i dont know many 13 or 15 year old boys who're married let alone many 17 year old girls.

another key fact, whore houses where considered "taboo" in the 1950's (to an extent) but in today's society we have 2 or 3 strip clubs in most cities if not more.

also, in the 1950's it was considered "taboo" to show skin and clevage where in todays society it's practically considered "odd" if a woman doesn't show a little skin. there are a great deal of examples showing how society has changed sex into a social activity as opposed to a sacred bond between lovers like it used to be.

what do you think? is sex sacred or has society changed it into more of a social activity?
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: sacred or social?

Well im social im the funny guy im not the class clown where you do stupid things to make people laugh no i tell jokes im just going around trying things hanging out all do almost anything.

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

i think you kinda missed the point in the main post. but it's good to knwo you consider yourself social. i on the other hand am quite the opposite. i'm more antisocial... a least in person. online or on the phone i'm a chatter box but if i dont know you in person... quiet as a mouse.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Im the opposite of you then i use the phone computer i go out to places with friends mall movies

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, both of you don't relize what he's asking. He's asking if sex is sacred or social, not if you are or not. I think it's starting to become more of a social thing and a "look who's cooler" thing now a days. It used to be so sacred, but no one ever thinks of that anymore. I still think it's sacred, not for show like most people do. It's sad that they've made it a popularity contest. So, oevrall, I think it has deffinatly become more social...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Thanks

You Mean just me its the same guy and sorry i was thinking complete differnt and but yes into 2000 sex has become social but i think it should be sacred.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

For some people sex is the most and highest expression of love and therefore is the most sacred thing you can give. That's what I think.
    But if we see in today's society sex is a matter of "having fun" I mean, a party is "no fun" if it does not have sex and alcohol involved. I mean, look at the movies... the 85% of the movies present sex as the way that a man tells a woman (and viceversa) I like you...
    Sex has become a social object (shamefully), today one can have sex-buddies... and yet not "feel" anything for them...
    For me it is a very sacred act that involves not only your body but also involves your soul, mind, emotions and all of you.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm. I think sex has become just like shaking hand to many people. But with that said, one can still decide... even after making mistakes.... to go back to keeping sex sacred, intimate, and special. Infact, I think (speaking from my own experience) that you dont fully learn to appreciate that sacredness. Unless you've already allowed some one to dissrespect it. Once you make mistakes.... you can truely learn to stop be careless, and start respecting the most beautiful part of you.

I have certainly had my moments when I didnt care what (or who) I was doing. 2 kids later... I have decided to hold off on sex. its been over 3 years and I've only had sex once.
    And even that one time proved to be a mistake (someone I loved, didn't love me back). But... holding out made me value myself so much more. It used to be fairly easy for men get what they were after from me. Now, Im so protective... I worry I push away what may be potential love.

I just bank on that feeling you get, when you know its right. And I try to remember....A good person who REALLY loves you.... will wait as along as it takes.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast