+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sacred or social?

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: sacred or social?

To me, I'm seeing it becoming social, perhaps too social for my likings. Really...I'm not one to take full desire into sex. Now from what I've seen, people, well, as Peach_follows implied (Or what I've interpreted) people are truthfully careless, and to me only wish to take it for the sensation and pleasure. Really, I'd ratehr have people view it well, not fully sacred, but something to take precaution and care about. (To me this is why we have stupid people, they like to have accidental breeding, I'm not trying to seem offensive on this, it's just what I think).

Now, I have to say sex IS over-rated, from my experiances it's not all it was cracked up to be. And I've made a few mistakes...actually all my experianes were mistakes, just no kids, which I will admit I was lucky on that. But, all my experiances I was used, I had feelings for them, they had none for me other than lust (Which I still wonder how they can take any attraction to me, lol). Still yeah...I'm the type of guy wo settles for hand-holding and that softy stuff.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly, i know exactly what you mean. i didn't have to have 2 kids before i decided sex wasn't a social thing for me but it didn't(and still doesn't) mean much to me in the sense that if i'm in a relationship, i care about the person i'm in the relationship with because if i didn't i would be lieing to myself and i can't stand that so... yea... if they want it they can have it. however, i dont go around sleeping with random people which is probably why it's been nearly 3 and a half years since my last sexual encounter. that should be changeing when i get home though although i wouldn't be mad if it didn't because i'm head over heels for my girl already and i can wait as long as it takes for her to be ready. in any case this debate is looking a little one sided so yea... is there anyone who thinks sex isn't social anymore? i mean at least in society?

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Hmmm. I think sex has become just like shaking hand to many people. But with that said, one can still decide... even after making mistakes.... to go back to keeping sex sacred, intimate, and special. Infact, I think (speaking from my own experience) that you dont fully learn to appreciate that sacredness. Unless you've already allowed some one to dissrespect it. Once you make mistakes.... you can truely learn to stop be careless, and start respecting the most beautiful part of you.

I have certainly had my moments when I didnt care what (or who) I was doing. 2 kids later... I have decided to hold off on sex. its been over 3 years and I've only had sex once.
    And even that one time proved to be a mistake (someone I loved, didn't love me back). But... holding out made me value myself so much more. It used to be fairly easy for men get what they were after from me. Now, Im so protective... I worry I push away what may be potential love.

I just bank on that feeling you get, when you know its right. And I try to remember....A good person who REALLY loves you.... will wait as along as it takes.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think of it on a man versus women point of view. In the 50's and especially today sex for most guys was social(especially the younger guys). For women it has always been a sacred thing, but has become more of a social thing today. Alot of woman just don't see it that sacred anymore.

I do agree on a whole sex has become mostly a social thing. Though there are still some determined to keep it a sacred thing.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

It defiantly has become more of a social thing. I can see this as a good thing though, as it's become easier to talk about the issue with other people and to reach out for help and understanding about the topic. As oppose to in the past when teenagers felt like it was a very bad thing to talk about with their parents, knowing nothing about it, yet still going out and having sex and getting pregnant.

I was going to say that it's a bad thing as well, as one would presume that because it's become more social, more people (teenagers in particular) would see at as the 'cool' thing to do, which I do believe happens, but I read a few articles (like this one- though a bit out dated) which stated it's actually gone down since the 1950's. So perhaps the fact that more people are talking about sex and the consequences of it, has reduce these cases (though better contraceptives since then helps as well).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2