+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein is dead

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Saddam Hussein is dead

Well Saddam Hussein is dead. Im sure a lot of people agree that he deserved it but was it the right time? How do you think this will affect the soldiers in Iraq? I myself worry about their saftey and the effect this will have on the determination of terrorists. Will this calm the storm or make it worse, what do you think?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Saddam Hussein is dead

I don't know. I know this may sound cruel, but I personally think it would be better to let him rot in jail or something, torture him. I think that killing him was the easy way out.
    I heard some where that he said that if he died he would die a mayter (sp?). Why give him that honor that he wants?
    Alot of people suffered greatly under his rule.

There might be some backlash after his death, but i'm not to savy on the going about on Iraq, so I can't put much input in that area.

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I agree that they should have let him rot or at least give him a somewhat painful death. Hanging just seems too nice for what he did. I know I sound evil but its how i feel.

Newbie Regal Bryant may be famous one day Regal Bryant may be famous one day Regal Bryant's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    Well Saddam Hussein is dead. Im sure a lot of people agree that he deserved it but was it the right time? How do you think this will affect the soldiers in Iraq? I myself worry about their saftey and the effect this will have on the determination of terrorists. Will this calm the storm or make it worse, what do you think?
    yeah you have a point because if they kill him everyone loyal to him will attack the soldiers in iraq

Otaku Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic's Avatar
    Thanks

It all depends on the people's mind in iraq. This man has done some bad stuff over the years and killing him is exactly what he wants. The guy has nothing left because he knows he's done for. Handing him over to the iraq to be excuted, i think is a good idea. It settles things because if the americans were to excute him then the iraq's hatred towards the americans would no doupt increase ten fold.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't say that I really agree with them hanging Hussein. It was just a show execution, trying to harken back to the Nuremberg trials.

The problem I had with this execution, was that Hussein was only charged for killing 128 people (100 some odd anyway). Sure, he killed more, but he was only charged with the 100 some odd. His convoy was attacked in one of the Iraqi towns, and in response he had his men kill some people. While it was murder, there was some provocation there. In terms of war-crimes, you could do a lot worse.

The chemicals he used on the Kurds were supplied by the U.S government, and the Baath party was put in place with help from the U.S government, yet blame for what has happened has been placed solely on Hussein. I can't really call that war crimes because he was given the green light by the Americans, who allowed him enough room to do what he wanted, as long as he continued to work against Iran (who's Shah had also been helped by the U.S government, but was overthrown, so the U.S made deals with Iraq).

Saddam had become the leader back in the late 70's (79), and it wasn't until just over a decade later that the U.S actually made any moves to stop Hussein. They knew he had been killing people for that period of time, and they were funding it.

Look at the nazi's during WWII, and no one was giving them gas and saying "we'll look the other way, do what you want." the concentration camps were completely done by the Nazi government, by their own plans. No one was greenlighting the project. The government wasn't put in place by outside governments, Hitler took control of a country that was in shambles and built it up from within, without help. Hanging for war crimes for the nazis was completely justifiable.

Now, I'm not saying Saddam should have been let off.....he did kill people. But making it seem like he was acting completely by himself, and that there was not a whole trench full of political b.s. in the event makes the trial a sham. Send him to jail for life, but not execution. Had he been doing this without any outside political involvement then yes, I could understand. But there were different things at play then him simply being a dictator and killing people.
    Last edited by Chubz; Dec 30, 2006 at 01:32 AM.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

I say that Hussein shouldn't have been given the death penalty.Sure,he did kill and acted like a dictator,but is that really enough to hang him?But if what is true about the chmeicals that he used than his punishment should have been more lenient such as incarceration for life and be guarded so there will be no way he can escape.The Americans are responsible in a small way for what Hussein did.But i can't say much.What is done is done.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

What a cowardly way to die.
    Lifelong imprisonment would have been a better punishment.
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 31, 2006 at 11:12 AM. Reason: better word

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast