6. You may not vote on this poll
  • no, ... your opinion

4 66.67%
  • yes, your opinion

2 33.33%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Satan a mistake?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Was Satan a mistake?

"Satan" and "God" are inventions of man. No more, no less. I respect all aspects of the different religions of this world, but strip away all the propaganda and the bullshit and you will come to the same realization as I have. Mankind will always be lost and never be able to come to terms with their own darkness. They refuse to accept the fact that everything is directly and indirectly their doing and their fault. They refuse and deny that they are the only ones responsible for every evil act in this world. Not some fallen angel. Not some prince of darkness. Humanity will always blame something. In the beginning, humanity was clueless to how the world worked so they invented gods and goddesses, demons and spectres to explain how the world is the way that it is. The world is the center of the universe. Everything revolves around mankind in their own eyes. Their naivete evolved into ignorance and they blamed evil acts on an evil entitiy known as The Devil. Every single culture in this world has their own depiction of Evil, but it is all the same. It is nothing beyond this world. It isn't some demon that fell from Heaven. The only Evil in this world is humanity. If there really is a higher power in the universe, it created mankind and it purposely gave us flaws. Conscience, free will, common sense. Combined, we have a choice whether or not to release our own devils unto the world and spread the Evil known as human.

Consider the following...
    If "Satan" is the Prince of Darkness, Mankind as a whole is the king.

Last edited by Innerhell; May 17, 2006 at 12:09 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie palma may be famous one day palma may be famous one day palma's Avatar
    Thanks

innerhell i can see ur wise enough to tink exactly like me. but i would like to add something to your long list of evil and good and it is what i sad before that we are the gods of our selfes and now one can control us
    -=Death left me alive=-

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palma
    innerhell i can see ur wise enough to tink exactly like me. but i would like to add something to your long list of evil and good and it is what i sad before that we are the gods of our selfes and now one can control us
    "Think exactly like you"? I never bothered to read every post in this thread let alone yours. That would waste too much time and besides, everyone was basically saying the same thing. I grew bored. But it's nice to see others that believe that we are all gods. I've always thought like that ever since childhood. The days I grew bored of Christianity and Catholicism. I grew sick of religion as a whole. I grew tired of being pushed around and being told what to believe. I came to the conclusion that in some ways the only thing I had was myself. Not to sound selfish, but that's all that we truly have. We have other people that serve nothing more as influences, but we are the only ones that can make the first step. Everyone that stands in and by our path are nothing more than cheerleaders, boosting our morale and spirit to take the first step. No one can actually control us. They can only influence us. They can tempt us. No one can control because we were given choice and free will. We have the ability to see right from wrong, even though sometimes the wrong things can be wrapped up in a pretty package and perceived as "right".

We are all gods of destruction. We try so hard to create things, but creation has always proved a difficult thing. It's always a lot easier and takes less effort to destroy than it is to create. That is one of the powers of a god. It's so easy to take away life, but sustaining it? That's another story.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyuuga13
    i dont think satan was a mistake. god made every human and every angel with the power of free will. free will is the power to make your own decisions and to make the right choice between right and wrong. satan chose to go his own way and therefore made the choice to go live in hell. to me that is all there is to it.
    Right. But God knows everything, right? He knows every thing that ever will happen in the universe. Also, he's omnipotent, right? He has all the power there will ever be in the universe.
    With that information, is there truly any free will? How can there be, if there's an all-knowing God who is also all-powerfull. He is the one that allows us to be born, right? Without him there would be no life. So, how can there be such a thing as free will, when all God has to do is exercise his power and change events or not allow someone to be born? As long as there is a God who knows everything, and has the power to act on that knowledge, there can be nothing but a staged play, not anything resembling free will. Even if God chooses to do nothing and not interfere, His choice of inaction is still an exercise of his power.
    With that in mind, suppose there is such a thing as free will. God created Satan, right? Yes, because God created all life. In fact, Satan existed before Eve was ever tempted in the Garden of Eden. So God intentionally and purposefully created a being that would ultimately destroy the greatest of his creations and lead to their origional sin?
    I have to think that God made a mistake. That's the only way I can even believe in a God. Sorry people.

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Thanks

If God is truly dogmatic, then none of Its actions or decisions is up to you to question whether or whether not it is a mistake. God cannot be doubted. God cannot be disputed. Creating the devil is nothing more than a part of Its master plan. Everything serves a purpose. Perhaps God was bored one day and after It created the lemming, It decided "Things are too perfect down there... Hey! You! Lucifer! You've been promoted. You go down to our lower office and run things from there. .... What? Stop complaining, you little bitch! Yeah yeah, I know our lower office isn't exactly the prettiest of things, but someone's got to do it! Now get to work or face my wrath!"
    Good times
    I love my girlfriend.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Sin was created with the begining of man. Satan was not a mistake. He was just an example from God.
    Seduced by Flesh

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Good and Evil co-exist in the world. I am not a Christian, however, I strongly believe in Christianity, but anyways, I don't think Satan is a mistake. The Divine God is infallible, me lovelies. Without evil forces, how can one understand the value of good? That's why evil exists, though it is just an illusion. Once a being attains salvation [Nirvana/Moksha] everything becomes clear, then all is good. ^_^

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

If I remember correctly, like humans, god gave angels the gift of freewill. Lucifer, not Satan, was the first of the angels to "go bad." Lucifer became so wise and powerful that his pride in himself made him want to be god himself. He got some support from his one of his lead men, Satan, along with the first rebels and a war broke out. God won, Lucifer and his followers became fallens. The fall of Lucifer and the fallens is not a mistake made by God, but more of a lesson; an example. That if you choose the path of sin, you will receive a punishment worse than death: Being separated from the Lord.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast