View Poll Results: Should all schools have uniforms?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 42.37%
  • No

34 57.63%
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: School Uniforms: Right or Wrong?

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: School Uniforms: Right or Wrong?

True, but not necessarily right. Like I mentioned, when I was in HS, (which I admit was long ago, in a far off land, lol) we were told on day one of entering HS, as soon as you set foot on campus, you have NO rights. And I have nothing against expression, but come on. School is a place of learning, not a fashion show. And I've seen how girls tend to express themselves around here. I live up the street from a HS. We get pretty cold winters here, and yet girls are running around without jackets, wearing mini skirts and short shirts just so they can "express" their figures. I hated HS because of so called "expression". If you didn't "express" yourself in the hip way, you got harrassed. How does that help with learning? You want to your life a freaking fashion show? Wait til you actually learn something first. Education is important, and staring at some girls low neckline or some guys tight pants doesn't help with concentration.
    I have to wonder if that's the problem with the youth today, they place a higher value on fashion then education. Who cares if I'm dumb as long as I look good.
    Individual expression is fine, and even healthy, but kids overdo it in school. To the point where it's a distraction. You'd think life was going to end as soon as you graduate?

Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Thanks

dont really care. but almost everyday i wake up i have to be in uniform.

sucks alot. you have to iron your uniform and replace it all so often. then you get inspections all so often.

its a hassle.

Newbie LostDemon102 may be famous one day LostDemon102 may be famous one day LostDemon102's Avatar
    I'm from the Philippines. It's a country in South East Asia, just like Japan. ^^
    Thanks

I don't think uniforms are all that great... We should wear what we want to wear. We need to show people what style of cothes we love to wear. But uniforms aren't that bad, not at all...

Maybe if we have this sort of schedule or something. Like on these days we have to wear uniforms, but on these days we can wear whatever we want to. I don't really know... uniforms aren't that bad... Though I do get annoyed someitimes, yet I got used to them. (shrug) ^^;

But I still want to wear what I want to wear. I know my batch would like that, too. In our school, people love to show their style and ideas of nice clothes.

Well, that's pretty much it. ^^ I don't really have anything else I want to say.

I do, I care for you because I can. I can because I want to. And I want to... because you said that I couldn't...
    Yet... Who... would love a demon like me...?

♪♪FanFiction.Net profile♪♪Photobucket album♪♪Friendster profile♪♪Xanga blog♪♪
    ♪♪LosT dEmoN♪♪

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

*Shakes head* Wear what you want to, but after school. I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of free expression, but not when it comes to education. School is meant to be a place of learning, not a fashion show. And that's what alot of teen, and pre-teens tend to treat it as, is a fashion show,,,,,,, especially the girls. No wonder drop out rates are rising, the young people of this nation hold no value to a good education. School is just a place for me to show off my look. It scares me that you all will be taking care of me when I get old. You don't know how to take care of a sick person, but you do know how to be stylin.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont like the idea of uniforms, but in a way I also do. It usually depends on the uniform. The good thing about unofrms is, you dont have to pick out an outfit everyday.
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

Uniforms aren't good. They interfere with a persons
    sense of style, thus getting rid of individuality.
    Lol. They could never make me wear them. I'd
    show up in what I wanted to wear everyday.
    I'd probably wind up expelled because of that.
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel
    Hello everyone! Here is my question. Should all schools have uniforms? If yes or no, why? Why should we have uniforms or why should we not?

As for me, I don't really like the idea of uniforms. I'm not trying to insult anyone who does have to wear a uniform. I just can't imagine doing it though. I think if you wear just a uniform it will steal your individuality somewhat. I would feel like a clone and that is just not a good feeling. I live to be different so I do not think I could stand it. I know what it is supposed to do. It's supposed to help stop fights and conflicts between students. Also, put a stop to bullying somewhat and help keep people from wearing inappropriate things. In answer to those reasons, nobody can dodge criticism or ridicule. If you get bullyed for what you wear then that person needs a life and it gets you ready for the real world because whether we like it or not the world is not full of just flowers and sunshine, unfortunately. As for keeping people from wearing inappropriate things, we can just stick with a dress code.

ok i don't know weather or not i should vote because i would say both.

for wearing uniform:
    well wearing a school uniform allows member of the public to recognise which school you represent and are bale to reporteither positive or negative comments about a group of pupils they have seen. As far choosing what to wear to goes, it just easy to put on your school uniform after it has been washed and not have to worry about what to wear. The choise is already made so there is no need for you take so long deciding what to wear.

Against wearing uniform:
    not wearing uniform, allows to really show your distinct style in clothing. You can be yor self more because there you can decide what you want to wear and not have that decission made for you - reveals your artistic differences. Also wearing your own clothes makes you more relaxed because there is aless code ot uniform to follow and you don't have to worry too much about how to wear the codified uniform.

However, although points are valid. At the end of the day they both make good points, although the bad points are not that visable.

For instance, when wearing school uniform, there is a less chance you will get bullied because of the clothes you are wearing. Like if there is no uniform to wear, there is a higher chance that you could get bullied on the way you dress because i know here in England there is always someone getting bullied because they dont either wear thier clothes in the right way or they don't have clothes that are the right lables etc. Although Uniform does help decrease the chances but it could still happen because of other stuff you might own that is different to everyone else and is not the right make or what have you.

But from a personal view, when i was at school. i have school uniform all the way to sixth form college. i felt that wearing uniform made me act a certain way because if i had acted really stupidly and created a lot of hassel whilst wearing my uniform then the school would get bad reviews and what have you. But in some cases like in high school, i felt they could have let us no wear uniform for my GCSE's because i felt that the uniform was really relaxed and it was just simple, black trousers and jumper with a white shirt! i mean there wasn't that many restrictions of how you could wear yuor uniform. so i didn't really see the point in making us sometimes because we were all wearing what we wanted but keeping with the colours. But when i got to Sixth form, it was a relief to finally get treated like an adult and wear what i wanted to wear and when we managed to let the school let us wear jeans it was even better!

So really its a tuff call to decide on yes or no, it would just depend on how the school reputation is i suppose.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HieisLove
    I dont like the idea of uniforms, but in a way I also do. It usually depends on the uniform. The good thing about unofrms is, you dont have to pick out an outfit everyday.
    Plz dont revive old thread man. No older than 14 days. Next time you will get a warning.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10