+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Second Covenant

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

The Second Covenant

In Medieval times European society was brutal. Especially if you were Jewish.

Now I haven't devoted weeks to research in this but I do know a good amount so yeah, I've done my homework.

Racism and hate of Jews before the Holocaust is known but to a lesser extent. Many massacres riddle Jewish history as well as forced religious and national conversion. The latter of these two came about on much more reasonable grounds thanks to les philosphes.

But anyway, the Christians decided that the Jews could stay because they were the First Covenant, Gods chosen peoples. Their Testament foretold the coming of a new people chosen by God, the Christian, or the Second Covenant.

The only reason the Jews were not deleted was because God intended them to live on after the coming of His new people, but they were to live in misery. So they were excluded from events and forced to operate within an enclosed
    area of living delegated by the authorities or whoever.

But even after that, the Jews were subjected to murder among other things. And then the Holocaust came, but that's not what we're talking about.

Right now I'm addressing the issue of the Second Covenant.

Was it right for the Christians to thrust the Jews into exile as they did? Were they right to hold themselves higher than the Jews, and finally, would you adopt the radical ways of medieval Christians if, suddenly, the world were pushed back into the dark ages?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Second Covenant

Well I hope they would accept noon Christian people in dark ages

Was it right to treat Jewish people like low dwellers? Certainly not.
    Was it right to consider themselves higher than other humans? Nope.
    And was it right for them to follow the "good path" and leave the Jews to suffer?
    No.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I greatly disagree with the treatment that the Jews recieved in those times and throughout the ages. I would hope, but can't say for sure considering how times have changed, that I would stick fast to my beliefs and not outcast them despite outside influence from society and the church.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, they say the Church would acceot anybody, but they don't take in homosexuals and Jews. From what I've seen anyway.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Yes, they say the Church would acceot anybody, but they don't take in homosexuals and Jews. From what I've seen anyway.
    The Christian God doesn't like Jews and homosexuals because they are not perfect to his eyes (i know it is a big BS). I personally think that is not freaggin right. God is suppose to love us all not matter what, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, I guess what goes around comes around. Christians were persecuted as well you know. Probably not as much as Jews, but still, they were.

After being stuck in holes for a few centuries by "barbarians" and other religious fanatics, when christians were finally able to come out into the ligh, they did the exact same thing. They wanted their moment in glory so why not do what was done to them. It seems understandable how they felt. I am not Christian and see their beginning as an eyesore, but it was how things were done then. Everyone did it.

So they exiled Jews right? Who hasn't exiled someone, something, somewhere, sometime. Eh, that's history for you.

Would I adopt the ways if the world were suddenly changed back into that time? I value my life and those members in my family. Since I havn't been able to find the religion suitable for me yet, I think I would easily adopt the system or just go along with it. Dieing in the name of god is good and what not, but I don't think he/she would want millions to get themselves killed just because things arn't going exactly how they want it.

Sit out the storm as usual and wait for the moment to pounce.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    The Christian God doesn't like Jews and homosexuals because they are not perfect to his eyes (i know it is a big BS). I personally think that is not freaggin right. God is suppose to love us all not matter what, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Wow, I have completely forgotten my racial and religious terms. Religions are traditions almost. Passed down from generation to generation, interpreted by one after another. Time continues and we adapt the best way we can.

When most decided to abolish the ancient religions, they wanted to get rid of those certain taboo acts and customs. It shouldn't be that surprising that what has been considered taboo for a few thousand years, should still be considered just that nowadays.

God said so in the beginning! Why mess with the foundations of that?!?!?

From what I understand, we got a few homosexual sanctuaries in the U.S.. People will probably start recognizing the situation as it is and give in a little.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post

Well, with not accepting Jews into the christian church, that's not really anything bad...that just makes sense...It would be a clash of beliefs if a jewish person went into a christian church. Same as how people of christian faith don't go in to a jewish synagogue. Christians believe that Jesus was the saviour of mankind, while the Jewish faith still thinks that the saviour is yet to come...

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast