+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: self injury glamour

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

self injury glamour

I want to know where people stand on self injurious behavior, and\or the glamorization of it.

I'm getting a little sick of seeing layout designs, hearing songs, reading poems and blogs that glamorize self injury such as cutting oneself.

I've heard alot of people who are into stuff like that classify themselves as "emo"... What does that even mean? Emotional?

Im not against people who cut themselves... but I dont think its cute, or cool. I think the more its glamorized the more kids (or adults) will do it.

Self injury is a sure sign of mental illness. It means a person who does it, needs to be monitored and treated.

Im interested in hearing what others think.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: self injury glamour

I'm against everyone who cuts themselves on purpose. If you do that, you have problems, and you need serious psychiatric help.

Cutting as been known to lead to an other serious problem: Suicide.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

It's getting old, annoying. It's now just some way to get attention or conform. I'm sorry, but I hardly call it "Emo". Emo is just some 1985 off-shoot of punk. END OF. Those who do it are either:

1. Masochist to the EXTREME
    2. Seeking attention
    3. Finding a way to conform
    4. Actually think it helps...which I can't see how pain will help pain...(they're just idiots in my case)

I also disagree with it as a sign of needing Mental Help (I honestly am against any form of "Mental Help").

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

If your parents and god gave you a life on this earth, you're special(Ok..well in my mind ok?)..So why the hell take it away? You should be happy that your still alive:]. If they choose to cut themselves..Whoopee..Apparently they think we care...Which some of us do..But sometimes it gets to the point where it gets tiring..There was a girl in my class that always said when she got home she was gonna cut herself...Ok..that's her choice. I'm not against Emo's..just simply saying I dont know how cutting yourself helps from your issues...Why cant they solve it instead of cutting? So you have a money problem and you cut yourself what good does that do? If I did it (god please forbid), I don't think it would help me at all...:] Now..sending them to a hospital..im not so sure, they are not officially "Crazy" They just cut themselves. They probably just need a counselor or a psychiatrist.
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    4. Actually think it helps...which I can't see how pain will help pain...(they're just idiots in my case)

I also disagree with it as a sign of needing Mental Help (I honestly am against any form of "Mental Help").

I use to cut. Only no one ever knew I did until I gashed my arm (also the only time I cut where people could see it) to where it required stitches. Yeah I'm unstable but I'm sure you would be to if you...

-Were raped by 3 different men and one being a family member.
    -Watched your mother try to kill herself, as well as another time stab your sisters father.
    -Were literally beat from the time you were little until you where old enough to fight back. Left broused and cut.
    -Told you're worthless, fat, and stupid all your life

When your so use to pain no matter what, physical and especially mental, how would you be. You telling me you'd be fine? And your saying you wouldn't need help? No, I'm not telling you this to feel sorry for me, or to be criticize. I say this because, humans go through stuff like that and worse. I'm just trying to give you a picture of why. Not to mention to say, that they will need help.

And for your information, I don't cut anymore. I haven't for over two years now. I never did it for "attention". Head banging and bitting have not been a part of my life in a while either. I did it to make the pain from my mind go away, the pain from my heart. Ever heard of when a person gets hurt on one part of the body, they divert the pain away from it by hurting somewhere else away from it. That's what I did. That's why "cutters" think it helps. But like I said, you'll never understand especially if you don't even really want too.

EDIT: Just for the record. The little "emo" kids like that, that do it for attention, are pains. Sometimes they are doing it just because of that, they want attention. For those little annoy people, they need to grow up. Everyone would be cutting over spilt milk if they wanted attention like that. But again not all "emo" people are like that either. Well at least a few... And know, I will never call myself emo. I'm emotional, not emo.
    Last edited by Darkened_Star; Jul 10, 2008 at 02:42 PM.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

At the same time, how many people want to see a fiery pileup wreak at a automobile race? Or waiting for the QB to get creamed at a football game?? Or remember the infamous 'Agony of Defeat' shot on the old ABC Wide World of Sports intro??? Or the crowds who want to cheer a suicide jumper to take that last leap??? Lets face it, the general public at large has a fascination with death and injury. The large number of teenage slasher movies, and other ultra-violent/horror genre produced leads credence to this claim... Self injury, and even Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy are simple extensions of this...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie chaosbreaker is off to a good start chaosbreaker's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I'm just gonna point this out plain and clear. Not all emo's cut! The word emo, derived from the word emotional, means that you have mixed emotions, and sometimes sudden outbursts of emotions.

Clan Rainstorm 5th in command

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chaosbreaker For This Useful Post:

Darkened_Star (Jul 10, 2008)

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

EDIT: Just for the record. The little "emo" kids like that, that do it for attention, are pains. Sometimes they are doing it just because of that, they want attention. For those little annoy people, they need to grow up. Everyone would be cutting over spilt milk if they wanted attention like that. But again not all "emo" people are like that either. Well at least a few... And know, I will never call myself emo.

Sorry you had to go through that, but the people who do that crap to get attention, are just plain stupid. Either their parents don't listen to them or they just don't give a crap. I know where your coming with this but why the hell would they cut themselves for attention? Is that supposed to make people give them more attention?
    As for chaos...Well excuse me for being wrong at the term^^..I did not hang out around Emos or..that I know of..and am not interested in being one..therefor I don't really know the term besides that they are sometimes depressed and cut themselves.
    Yeah, Bye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast