+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: self injury glamour

Newbie blissnoma is off to a good start blissnoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: self injury glamour

i used to/still do have a big cutting problem, some people haft to under stand it from the cutters point of view, u see for me it the only pain that i can control.......
    (sorry if u have a problem with that)

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Long term depression is a mental illness, and if you're depressed enough to try and self medicate (ie: cutting, alchohol, or drugs) you really should get help from a medical professional. It can be as simple as just talking with someone who can give you real advice on dealing with your problems. It's not just about quitting the cutting, it's about not needing to cut.

Newbie blissnoma is off to a good start blissnoma's Avatar
    Thanks

but this is to the people that try to help the cutters
    only help them if we want help when i was put in "Glen Oaks" thats when i tryed to kill myself sometime people just need to leave us alone............................................. .......................

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Vaine View Post
    oh my god... people who cut themselves do it as a relief. they are not mentally ill. and I think it's rediculose for one to say such a thing. people who cut themselve have no way of letting out their pain. and most feel they should punish themselves for something they have done, or something somebody has done to them. it's like cigarettes. most people smoke to get rid of strees. does it mean they are some kind of sick freak because they are damaging their lungs?
    Having a mental illness (or mental health issue, if that sounds better to you) does not make you a "sick freak". I, myself, have had self injurious behaviors, and have been both diagnosed and even been hospitalized for my mental health issues. With that said... I feel I am quite worth while. Intelligent to some degree, and artistic to boot. I certainly am no freak... Nor am I claiming a cutter to be a freak. That is YOUR misinterpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by blissnoma View Post
    only help them if we want help when i was put in "Glen Oaks" thats when i tryed to kill myself sometime people just need to leave us alone............................................. .......................

As I said earlier... I HAVE hurt myself in order to distract my mind from my emotional distress... So, quite frankly, I DO understand cutting. Reiterating, that this thread is not about cutting... or even cutters, but about the popularity of what some might call a trend. A cutter who wants to be left alone... is not one who writes tragic poetry in public places. Or who has a profile layout filled with bloody cut up girls, or razor blades. Thusly, to a cutter who wants to be left alone... this thread does not apply.

HOWEVER, IF YOU DO SUFFER FROM THE DESIRE TO HURT YOURSELF... FOR ANY REASON. YOU SHOULD SEEK HELP! IT CAN BECOME AN ADDICTION. OR WORSE, IT COULD KILL YOU.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Obviously your attempt failed & I just wonder why that is..? <Not doubting your capabilities to end ones' life>... You say you still cut yourself & everyone in your life left you alone about it & is okay with it..?

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Peach_follows;612513]Having a mental illness (or mental health issue, if that sounds better to you) does not make you a "sick freak". I, myself, have had self injurious behaviors, and have been both diagnosed and even been hospitalized for my mental health issues. With that said... I feel I am quite worth while. Intelligent to some degree, and artistic to boot. I certainly am no freak... Nor am I claiming a cutter to be a freak. That is YOUR misinterpretation.

I wasn't saying cutters are sick freaks. that what it was sounding like he/she was saying to begin with. I was making a point.
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Vaine View Post

I wasn't saying cutters are sick freaks. that what it was sounding like he/she was saying to begin with. I was making a point.

~I~ am she who began this. That's why I responded... to indeed tell you that is NOT what I was saying. I did say cutting was a sign of mental illness. All that means is that someone who cuts is suffering from signifigant psychological distress, or disfunction. At the very LEAST, any "cutter" who walked into a psychiatrists office would be diagnosed with major clinical depression.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

i think these people feel a lot of pain it's not that i condone this stuff actually i don't but i understand why they have the need to do it or feel they need to. they feel so much pain inside that they don't know what to do. either they don't have anyone very close to them that they can talk to.

all the more reason for these people to learn how to ask for help since they bottle up so many things inside them that it hurts them so much that maybe hurting themselves physically will divert the pain.

I still think it isn't right though, but maybe if more people reached out to them, they will learn to ask for help or talk about it.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast