+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: self injury glamour

Newbie mimi111 is off to a good start mimi111's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: self injury glamour

People have changed the classification of "emo" to be synonymous with "goth". Emo actually means "emotional." I am emotional. But I don't call myself emo because people automatically assume that means I cut myself, I hate the world, and I like the color black.
    As for self-injury, it is a sickness that invades the mind and also a cry for attention.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mimi111 View Post
    People have changed the classification of "emo" to be synonymous with "goth". Emo actually means "emotional." I am emotional. But I don't call myself emo because people automatically assume that means I cut myself, I hate the world, and I like the color black.
    As for self-injury, it is a sickness that invades the mind and also a cry for attention.
    I'm really having a hard time with the whole "emo" means the same as "emotional"... If that were the case, wouldn't people just say "I'm emotional"? The word "emo" is rarely ever used in that context when I hear it.
    When I hear the word, its always "You listen to emo?" "He's dressed all emo" Ive even found prfile layouts under "emo". Layouts arent capable of emotion... Or at leat I've never heard of an emotional layout. I just don't get how they are one in the same. ?????????
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jul 21, 2008 at 08:45 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mimi111 View Post
    Emo and Goth are -both- subcultures. It's not a term for exceptionalness or anything like it. Emo stands for Emotional Core. As in a style of music that derived from punk music not long ago. It's off shots are a more angry scremo. And neither REALLY has anything to do with being emotional. It's a sub-culture based off a type of music. Just like Goth was originally is based off of industrial music.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i am not with people who cut them selfs ... this is wrong and that becasue the person who make injury for him/her self need a help becasue this is like a sickness ..... i know someone who his girl friends break up with him and he was so so sad so he cut his hand artery by a knife >_< and he was about to day ... but for his luck his little brother find him and they toke him to he hospital ...
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6