+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Selfish or selfless?

Newbie ordinary Joe may be famous one day ordinary Joe may be famous one day ordinary Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Selfish or selfless?

I am very new here but I did do a search and didn't find anything about this, so I'm sorry if this thread sounds familiar to anyone. I thought this up as I was responding to Preston Drake's For or Against cloning thread and what it boils down to is this:

Our planet, as wonderful as it is, will not be able to support human life as it stands forever. Resources dwindle by varying accounts and there are little in the way of options for even a select Adam/Eve like few to go to carry on the human race, let alone everyone. So the hypothetical is posed. If you were to somehow wake up in charge of the entire planet (in a better state, without war, hatred, bigotry, etc. and everyone just got along) but you posesed the knowledge that in mere generations there would not be the ability to support human life at the standard it is now.

Would you continue to let people live on happily with wanton abandon or would you impliment constraints so that the future could live better? Would you tell the poplulace, risking their right to knowledge against a possible paniced mob-mentality?

I welcome responses but please give reasons. It may help both you and the next poster here.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Selfish or selfless?

I am neither God nor as knowledgeable but regardless of constraints people would not follow and even if they did it would only prolong the end. So my answer is that I would let them live it up until the end. Now as for the actuality of this, I say you are very much wrong that we would ever reach the point that the earth could not sustain human life.

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

This planet will not live forever, nothing is forever and us as humans must learn to live with that one day we will be extinct.To me this means i must live life to the fullest by acting on my emotions and never have regreats.People in this day in age should already know what i have stated and if not then mybe they don't want to execpt the truth or don't care.

Code Name Wind

darkness167 strikerX may be famous one day strikerX may be famous one day strikerX's Avatar
    Thanks

i would have to be fair or every one will try to kill me thus making the world a very corrupt place to live

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Even as resistant to evolving as humans are we are darn resourceful. We will find ways to cope with or alternatives to the resources we consume before we run out of them and it causes an end to the race. Currently we are experimenting with alternatives to fuel for cars as an example, not to mention hundreds of different alternatives to power. I am not saying the environment is not a factor (it is a major one) just that either the environment will force human kind in check or we will find ways around it.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

What must happen is ppl must make it known and accept the fact that nobody lives foreever because the natural way is that the old and the sick die because the make place for the new and freshly minded.
    I mean lets look at nature a tree dies and falls over out of the dead tree come forth several trees small but still growing if we don't accept the natural way of things i feel the resources will not last us long enough to the end of time.
    And nothing can realy be prolonged so yeah we try and do this and do that but that is because we don't comprehend the way nature works and the design of earth and all that look in the early bible years the ppl grew older because they were so few now the lifespan is like 70 those days it was like 800 so what does that tell us we must enjoy every minute of life make the best of the time we have because tommorrow nobody knows who is left to do their thing.

LOL

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Youngsters you always think in terms of resources but its really greed.In the era of techknowledgey they have already created things the can produce unlimted amounts of enegy with zero pollution.One such cration is called a tesla coil which if they used them it would make free nonpullted enegy for eveyone, but due to greed non have really been used in main stream.

Code Name Wind

Thanks

Are we talking about the same Tesla Coils?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_coil
    http://www.teslasociety.com/teslacoil.htm

Cause voltages produced by those Telsa Coils are unstable and much too high a frequency to be used. Also it doesn't produce the initial current it just takes an existing one and amps it up to a much higher frequency right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast