+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Selfish or selfless?

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Selfish or selfless?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Are we talking about the same Tesla Coils?
    yep, it even says in you 2nd link that Tesla was the one to make the biggest which makes me think no one else has tried to study his work more and make it usable for man kind which wouldn't be that difficult.And in that link it also says it can make a light glow from 50ft away seems to work to me, what do you say?I've seen one work very well but it was small, you every seen one work in real life??
    Last edited by Lighting Count; Mar 26, 2006 at 02:04 PM.

Code Name Wind

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know. I'm I to tell people this, or I'm I to keep it to myself, and live a good life. Was I placed with this to help, or just as a gift to me. That's what I would think.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned TooCool may be famous one day TooCool may be famous one day TooCool's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Selfish or selfless?

if I were to become King of the world, there would be a Revolution, and almost Genocide. {no farther details}

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary Joe
    I am very new here but I did do a search and didn't find anything about this, so I'm sorry if this thread sounds familiar to anyone. I thought this up as I was responding to Preston Drake's For or Against cloning thread and what it boils down to is this:

Our planet, as wonderful as it is, will not be able to support human life as it stands forever. Resources dwindle by varying accounts and there are little in the way of options for even a select Adam/Eve like few to go to carry on the human race, let alone everyone. So the hypothetical is posed. If you were to somehow wake up in charge of the entire planet (in a better state, without war, hatred, bigotry, etc. and everyone just got along) but you posesed the knowledge that in mere generations there would not be the ability to support human life at the standard it is now.

Would you continue to let people live on happily with wanton abandon or would you impliment constraints so that the future could live better? Would you tell the poplulace, risking their right to knowledge against a possible paniced mob-mentality?

I welcome responses but please give reasons. It may help both you and the next poster here.
    Well that is a difficult question..Well personally I would do both I would let things naturally progress but I would also interfere with certain things.and for the second question yes I would let them risk their right to knowledge because if I let them know about the paniced mobmentality thing they would live in fear of their of their own ideas and thoughts and nothing would proggress(I'm not sure if I answered that correctly )

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

"progress" is what you're looking for. ^_^

I wouldn't interfere so much. I would merely just set a few things into tweaked positions so that the cogs of "coincidence" will deal with what people are truly looking for... no matter how ugly that may be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2