Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 27

Thread: Separation of Church and Work?

  1. #17
    Newbie sarcosuchus is off to a good start sarcosuchus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    well your right, according to the scripture they are like those who only do nothing but to expose their pride and sublime under the garment of the devil just ignore t
    sarcosuchus bite

  2. #18
    Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where sence means nothing...
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    Posts long,can't read all) Sprout im kinda the same way as you, can't stand people puting there ways onto me. I work at target and every religion and type of person comes in so I know what your going though.
    Me personly I don't care for religion, don't hate it I just dont care. I too was rasied christian but I dont trail along, I just live my life being a good fun person. I may be gothic but im not satanic,can't stand it.
    People just want to be with the right "group" so when it hits the fan there good to go.
    (sorry im a blunt person)
    I would like to see people to go to work and work, mabey talk about every day thing and leave it at that...
    The best thing I recomend you do is next time they do anything that bugs you stand up (if sitting haha) have a strat faced and tell them "im not intrested in your religous ideas and im fine living my life the way I want, thanks for caring but if I need saving ill ask."
    If they still bug you then there fanatics and say away, dont look at them dont talk to them unless is work related.
    That will show them you ment what you said and they will have to take it.
    Its your life, its your choice.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

  3. #19
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    Posts long,can't read all) Sprout im kinda the same way as you, can't stand people puting there ways onto me. I work at target and every religion and type of person comes in so I know what your going though.
    Me personly I don't care for religion, don't hate it I just dont care. I too was rasied christian but I dont trail along, I just live my life being a good fun person. I may be gothic but im not satanic,can't stand it.
    People just want to be with the right "group" so when it hits the fan there good to go.
    (sorry im a blunt person)
    I would like to see people to go to work and work, mabey talk about every day thing and leave it at that...
    The best thing I recomend you do is next time they do anything that bugs you stand up (if sitting haha) have a strat faced and tell them "im not intrested in your religous ideas and im fine living my life the way I want, thanks for caring but if I need saving ill ask."
    If they still bug you then there fanatics and say away, dont look at them dont talk to them unless is work related.
    That will show them you ment what you said and they will have to take it.
    Its your life, its your choice.
    But, I do become interested, depending on the topic. If it's just force-feeding an opinion, I could care less. But if we're having a simple debate, or exchanging ideas, that's different. The girl at my job who is actually tolerable asks me about Zen Buddhism (and I answer to the best of my knowledge--I'm still kinda new to the game) and I ask her questions about Catholicism because I'll get straight forward answers and because I was raised Protestant. So, I can't just say I'm not interested to one person and show interest in another person's opinion when they're both Christians--regardless of which branch/denomination.

    That's why I asked if it--religion--should just be cut from work. On one hand, you would be alleviated of all the stress that bible-thumping can bring to a non-believer, but on the other; the exchange of beliefs goes out the window. Currently, I'm 50/50 after getting a few good responses here.


  4. #20
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    Well those kind of people are bible thumping out of pride, pride in thinking one is better then another person is wrong. So these guys are not true followers of the faith. And if you ask me they just like to talk a lot of smack as they make the rest of Christianity look bad and it's people like them that give the rest of us bad rep.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

    atomik_sprout (Mar 23, 2009)

  6. #21
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Well those kind of people are bible thumping out of pride, pride in thinking one is better then another person is wrong. So these guys are not true followers of the faith. And if you ask me they just like to talk a lot of smack as they make the rest of Christianity look bad and it's people like them that give the rest of us bad rep.
    I agree. Everyone is allowed to belong to every religion he/she wants. But they should try and keep it to themselves and respect the opinion of the other people. Especially at work, where the religion of a person should be of even less importance.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to lapislazuli For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Mar 23, 2009)

  8. #22
    ~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    862
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    People have the right to express their religious views in the workplace. Its your decision whether you want to listen or not. You can always politely ask them to leave you alone. Some people are very vocal about their faith. There's absolutley nothing wrong with that. Just becuase a few people are annoyed by it shouldn't hinder them from expressing how they feel. And also what they feel is right. Those who believe that there's someone bigger than themselves have the right to tell people about it and try to convinve them if they see fit to do so.

    Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

  9. #23
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    People have the right to express their religious views in the workplace. Its your decision whether you want to listen or not. You can always politely ask them to leave you alone. Some people are very vocal about their faith. There's absolutley nothing wrong with that. Just becuase a few people are annoyed by it shouldn't hinder them from expressing how they feel. And also what they feel is right. Those who believe that there's someone bigger than themselves have the right to tell people about it and try to convinve them if they see fit to do so.
    Yeah, but when they say things like their on a "higher spiritual plane" because of their beliefs being "better" than yours, that's crossing the line. I don't care if you wanna be vocal about your faith. That's your business. However, when you claim to be "holier than thou" or "more spiritual" than I (and I don't mean you specifically, just in general), then that's rude, inconsiderate and basically saying; "I'm right, you're wrong!" You can verbalize your beliefs, as long as you're not crossin' the line.

    "R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Find out what it means for me!"


  10. #24
    Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where sence means nothing...
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Separation of Church and Work?

    Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    People have the right to express their religious views in the workplace. Its your decision whether you want to listen or not. You can always politely ask them to leave you alone. Some people are very vocal about their faith. There's absolutley nothing wrong with that. Just becuase a few people are annoyed by it shouldn't hinder them from expressing how they feel. And also what they feel is right. Those who believe that there's someone bigger than themselves have the right to tell people about it and try to convinve them if they see fit to do so.
    I don't know about that, when two people have a diffrence about something it quickly becomes an agument if draged on too long.

    ex: When the election in the US was going on I saw a woman with obama ear rings on at my work (didn't vote form him) I said "I'v seen shirts, badges and even trading card of him them but never ear rings them markiters are getting a little out of hand". Thats all I said and sence I had a differing opion (and im white and shes black) she runs of and tells my HR I was being a racist!

    When people fell what ever they fallow is being "ofended" they use what ever they can to get back at you.

    ex: (yes hears another) The salem witch hunt. If they even thought you were a witch you had better make peace with what ever god and kiss you ass good by! I cant say a court was involed because no mater what you were dead! all because you were thought to be a witch.

    When its something like a religion it either there right or your wrong, no in betweener.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology
    By ketaro in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2008, 02:21 PM
  2. Do you go to Church?
    By Shodokan in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2007, 05:47 PM
  3. church vs anime
    By scorpion_ing in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Sep 18, 2006, 09:42 AM
  4. Church
    By Lighting Count in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2006, 11:17 AM
  5. Why our parents force us to go to church?
    By ketaro in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 09, 2005, 09:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts