• No Opinion

20 29.85%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Before Marriage

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sex Before Marriage

Do you think it is all right to have sex before marriage? Or do you think it's in the hands of the individual? Do you think it should be based on the morals and principles of the couple/individual, or should they respect their parent's wishes?

I've come across this topic many times with friends and family, so I wish to hear what you guys think.

*There was a thread like this once before, but seeing as how we cannot revive old threads..

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Sex Before Marriage

Do you think it is all right to have sex before marriage? - Yes

Or do you think it's in the hands of the individual? - Absolutely.

Do you think it should be based on the morals and principles of the couple/individual? - What? Umm, having sex without thinking about that is kinda like ..rape isn't it? Can't force that Jack!

Should they respect their parent's wishes? - It would be nice if people listened, but it is up to the individual whether or not they choose to abide by that.

I think it is a person's choice and right. Follow your path and what not, do what you want.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

its up to the couple. their parents have nothing to do with it, although they probably do in many cases.

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think its ok to have sex before marriage but if its not ok with your parents then you shouldn't do it. I mean I guess its more right to have sex when your married but thats not me. Its really the persons choice.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

First of all, that poll is a bit black and white if you ask me.
    Second, I don't think many teenagers ask their parents if they're allowed to have sex with their partner. Evading the issue altogether.

But if you do want to put it in a system then I say the parents decide if you're still a minor and you decide if you are an adult. Which means 18 or more years old.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Do you think it is all right to have sex before marriage? Or do you think it's in the hands of the individual? Do you think it should be based on the morals and principles of the couple/individual, or should they respect their parent's wishes?
    Sex has nothing to do with what a parent wishes. Sex before marriage is sex without a commitment. If there is no commitment, what is to prevent one of the partners from sleeping with someone else. My reasons:

1. It's not moral. I will not expound on that.

2. It's not safe. Did you know that 50% of the people who currently have HIV are between the ages of 15 and 24? Using a condom only reduces the risk of contracting HIV by 85%. Condoms do not significantly reduce the risk of contracting other sexually transmitted diseases.

3. It's not emotionally stabilizing. Sex is an emotional experience and it affects our lives in ways we don't understand. After engaging in premarital sex, many people express feelings of guilt, embarrassment, distrust, resentment, lack of respect, tension, and so much more.

4. Is is recreation or re-creation? Yes, sex is pleasurable, but it's meant for us to propogate the species, not pass the hours.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun"
    First of all, that poll is a bit black and white if you ask me.
    Second, I don't think many teenagers ask their parents if they're allowed to have sex with their partner. Evading the issue altogether.

But if you do want to put it in a system then I say the parents decide if you're still a minor and you decide if you are an adult. Which means 18 or more years old.
    I happen to like black and white, Hassun. But if you're one for color, then I suppose I'll try harder next time.

On a personal note, I'm waiting until marriage to have sex. I believe that a person's one and only true love should take their other's entire mind, body,and soul. I think sex is a beautiful thing when it's with the one you love, and it shouldn't be something to be taken so lightly. But many people have different morals on this sort of thing. So I say it's up to the individual. But if their parents make it clear that sex should not be something their kid should be doing.. then the child should respect their parents' wishes.

And if you're one that likes to 'go with the flow', then hey. It's your life. But where I stand in this debate is that it should be something shared by people who are in love. A 'magical' moment, so to speak. But not many Fairy Tales come true nowadays.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with divine_punishment... even tho I made the wrong decision and because it was without commitment he is not with me and I am not with him.Praise God neither of us had HIV whatsoever.... but about the emotional issue... meeeeeeeeeeeeeen took me a looooooooooooooooong time to get over it..and yet there are secuels from the bad desicion that i took... hey I was "an adult" when I made the desicion... I know it was wrong.... and the worst part is that even I wish to go back and never have done it... I cannot... I just had to learn to live with that.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast