20 29.85%
  • Wrong

27 40.30%
  • No Opinion

20 29.85%
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Sex Before Marriage

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sex Before Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    =__+ You make marriage seem unfit and untrustworthy.
    Not at all. I'm married; I know I wouldn't forsake my vows, and I trust my husband. I just realize that not everyone feels the same way, and it would be naive to think that everyone who gets married is always faithful. I've heard a lot of stories, and know a few people who have cheated (or would if they got the chance), so I don't have a fairytale ideal of marriage. Doesn't mean I think it never works, just that I try to look at it in a realistic way.

My argument isn't anti-marriage. I'm saying that you can't rely solely on marriage to curb the spread of disease. Saying that sex before marriage helps reduce STDs doesn't make sense when you consider that a lot of married people are out there spreading diseases.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie foxboy is off to a good start foxboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PocketLint View Post
    I am young. but I am old enough. I find it hard to not have sex when it seems to be the normal thing. the girls at my school basicly throw themself at me. i do want to be maried one day. but I find alot of people who are maried just leave each other anyway.

so why wait? it wont make or brake the mariage. mariages only work if love is strong. if you love some one why care if they have sex befor in there youth.
    sex is a beutiful thing ment for the creation of the future,but you should wait for mariage because just sleeping with someone when you are not ready to make this commitment to the relationship it sound so unpure. don't soil yourself.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a question for you The White Wolf. When you do get married and finally have sex what will you do if you marriage falls apart and you are left alone? You have saved your self for that special someone and now you have to start all over again. You are young and there are things in life that you can't control and thru no falt of your own your marriage has failed. Do you feel used and upset at having sex? What are you going to tell the next person your going to be with? Sorry, I had sex with the person I thought I was going to be with for the rest of my life and I was wrong so..... What?

Life happens! It dosen't really matter if you have sex before or after marriage. People will have sex. Marriage is in some cases a motion that people go thru. It will never keep people together. It would be nice if it did but it dosen't. So sex before or after really shouldn't matter. Not to say that everyone should do it before marriage and not to say that everyone should waite til after they are married. It's all up to that person! The point I'm trying to make is that thous who do shouldn't be looked down apond. Through out your life 99.9% of the population will have sex with more than one person in their lifetime regardless if they are married or not.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have a question for you The White Wolf. When you do get married and finally have sex what will you do if you marriage falls apart and you are left alone? You have saved your self for that special someone and now you have to start all over again. You are young and there are things in life that you can't control and thru no falt of your own your marriage has failed. Do you feel used and upset at having sex? What are you going to tell the next person your going to be with? Sorry, I had sex with the person I thought I was going to be with for the rest of my life and I was wrong so..... What?
    Well, it'd be a shame for the marriage to fall apart.. but if it does, oh well.
    Yeh, I saved myself for that special guy.. and obviously I made a mistake in doing so.. but as you said, "life happens!" So why not.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

The white wolf u ar not getting the point that some of us ar trying to say. When u do find that specal some1 and do have sex and then for some reason not knowing why ur marriage fall apart. However thier is a specail bond between u and that person but u will just end up asking ur self why all the time. U will some how end up with someone else weather u got an a divorce or a widower. Every one has thier own reason when to have sex or not, but I do give u props for saving ur self.

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

I believe that sex before marriage is not a good thing for a couple of reasons, first of all I think it's immoral, I know this only my opinion so it may not count for some, but also it has proven to be very insecure. Couples that never had sex before they were married are much more likely to stay together. Lastly, I think it also adds meaning to marriage, otherwise it just seems like a big party for no reason.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

"It sucks but just about everyone in the U.S. is having sex before marriage. It is all good and romantic, but not having sex before marriage has been a rarity for some time.

For almost every decade that passes, there is aproximately a 10% increase in the population who has sex before marriage.

What makes abstinence before marriage efforts even more difficult, is that people are getting married later than they use to, and more and more people are choosing not to marry at all." - Armenian Medical Network

Yes, abstinence before marriage can create a more emotional bond and what not, but since you all are a dieing breed...well of course the results are in your favor. It isn't necesarrily a reliable survey when you compare a handful of people to millions.

I haven't yet seen any real solid proof that abstinence before marriage is better in comparison to not, so could soemone throw up a pie chart or something? Maybe a link that doesn't involve the bible so much? Just curious really.

"Oh oh, just noticed, approx 95% of Americans have premarital sex. Hmm, another interesting diddle is that apparently those American teens who have vowed to abstain from sex before marriage have the same rates of STDs as sexually active teens.

As many of these 'virgins' had not been attentive during sex education classes (or had not had them) they tend to have sex without protection more often than other kids.

The survey was funded by the NIH (National Institutes of Health).

Researchers also found that these kids were less likely to seek medical help when they did catch a STD - probably because they did not know what they had.
    THE RESEARCHERS SAID THAT PLEDGING ACHIEVED THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:

-- Kids had sex later
    -- Kids had fewer partners
    -- Kids got married earlier

PLEDGING DID NOT ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING:

-- Fewer incidences of STDs
    -- Fewer teen pregnancies " - Medical News Today

How fun it is to learn. Now some of those so called "virgins" are pretty full of **** it seems. Interesting and amusing.
    Last edited by Tbaism; May 31, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
    I believe that sex before marriage is not a good thing for a couple of reasons, first of all I think it's immoral, I know this only my opinion so it may not count for some, but also it has proven to be very insecure. Couples that never had sex before they were married are much more likely to stay together. Lastly, I think it also adds meaning to marriage, otherwise it just seems like a big party for no reason.
    Just because you read some passage on abstinence in the bible, doesn't make it immoral. Sleeping with everybody you hook up with no matter if you love em or not is immoral. If you love each other with all your heart, and are truly compatible is what counts. No piece of paper is going to make you stay together. It just depends on how strong your love is, how you work together as a couple, How you personality's work together, and how you two handle the stresses of life together as a couple.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast