20 29.85%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Before Marriage

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Sex Before Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Sex before marriage is a very risky thing, in my opinion. It leads to STD's, pregnancy, unwanted commitment.. My main problem with this is the pregnancy part. It's just so wrong to me that a couple would have sex before they were married, or if they weren't truly in love.. because if the woman gets pregnant.. she is left with this baby. Granted, the man might love her.. but because they are young, or because they rushed into things.. they could easily break up. So when the baby is born, it doesn't have a mother AND a father to live with and look up to. And I think that's the worst thing.

My parents had sex when they were eighteen. And what a surprise I was to them. ^ ^ They got married.. but only because of me. Of course, they divorced three or four years later, only for me to end up living with my mother and visiting my father every other summer.

I love my life, but it could have been better with the both of them together. But things do happen for a reason. My little brother and sister were born.. and neither have the same mother or father as me. My sister is from my mom, and my brother is from my dad and his girl. So if my parents never split, I wouldn't have the siblings that I have.

But still, it affects me. I always wonder what it would be like to live in a happy home with both parents present. And a sibling from them both.. would they look exactly like me?

Little things like those is what couples should think about before having sex and risking everything. Condoms and birth control pills/patches help protect.. but it isn't one hundred percent certain.
    Nothing is 100% certain. That a cli'che?

Even if you were married, would that really make much of a difference? Having an unexpected pregnancy can effect a married couple just as well as a regular relationship.

You can marry at a young age remember? Having a child unprepared is the problem..being married doesn't necesarrily mean that much. Even if you love each other more than anything, if you don't have a penny to your name to support the child, kinda puts a little damper on the whole business.

What if a couple love each other, get married, bbut want to really focus on their careers?

Plenty of reasons out there. Stupid people can fall in love, stupid people can get married, stupid people can have a relationship. Love is blind aye?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Even if you were married, would that really make much of a difference? Having an unexpected pregnancy can effect a married couple just as well as a regular relationship.
    Not really. When you're married, you know you are commited to your partner. So if an unexpected pregnancy comes along the way, the couple can get ready to face life with the baby, or make decisions together. As opposed to someone having sex and getting pregnant. There isn't any commitment, and there's usually a hinch of panic and uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism
    You can marry at a young age remember? Having a child unprepared is the problem..being married doesn't necesarrily mean that much. Even if you love each other more than anything, if you don't have a penny to your name to support the child, kinda puts a little damper on the whole business.
    Yes, you can marry at any age, but a couple shouldn't get married if they are broke and know for a fact that they won't be able to do it. If they love each other that much, then they can wait until they're ready. Therefore when an unexpected OR expected child comes along, there won't be much to worry about, financially anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism
    What if a couple love each other, get married, bbut want to really focus on their careers?

Plenty of reasons out there. Stupid people can fall in love, stupid people can get married, stupid people can have a relationship. Love is blind aye?
    What does any of that have to do with sex before marriage?

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Sex before marriage is bull crap. What's the point of having sex before marriage when you know you will have sex when you're married. Stupid? Definitely. It makes you prone to diseases, you still have chances when you're married, but you get the point.

They might get addicted to it and start sending pictures of themmselves in explict situations, even though their partner migt not object to it, it shows it's pure lust. Marriage is a commitment, whereas high school relationships are not. Sex before being either mature or ready for it is a sign of immrality, lust, stupidty-- not always but still.

You only end up breaking people's heart and your partner could just dump you just like that. They need to know that they need to get a life if they are following the wrong path.
    wow... I've never seen anyone so opinionated about the subject before.... but anywho... i think that you can say that you won't have sex until after your married but sometimes things come up... you get drunk or you feel like you have found someone special... but you can never be sure of what you will do until the oppertunity comes up...

Thanks

Quote Wolfey - "Not really. When you're married, you know you are commited to your partner. So if an unexpected pregnancy comes along the way, the couple can get ready to face life with the baby, or make decisions together. As opposed to someone having sex and getting pregnant. There isn't any commitment, and there's usually a hinch of panic and uncertainty."

That kinda seems like a load to me. So you are saying that all these divorces happen because people married knowing full well they weren't commited to each other entirely? You know there are quite a few years between death till do us part. Anything can happen then. - The examples I stated are a few.

Quote Wolfey - "Yes, you can marry at any age, but a couple shouldn't get married if they are broke and know for a fact that they won't be able to do it. If they love each other that much, then they can wait until they're ready. Therefore when an unexpected OR expected child comes along, there won't be much to worry about, financially anyway."

You know our ancestors did that for thousands of years right? We still do it today. You try telling people that being in love isn't enough to get married. Skip the homosexuals this time, you would piss off the rest of the country with that thinking. Anything can happen. You can lose money in a day as well. Not everyone is making enough cash. The average family yearly income is less than the average amount of income stated to support an average family. And what about religion? Some don't believe that condoms shouldn't be used, yet plenty of them types are still rockin in the bed.

Quote Wolfey - "What does any of that have to do with sex before marriage?"

That part kinda refers to everything I stated in my post. Don't have to really read between the lines, just have to notice I am making examples of who, what, when, where, how marriage doesn't mean jack when it comes to right or wrong when having sex.

Arrg still not use to splitting the post into pieces.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I used to always say I will wait till marriage because its only then that I will know if they truly love me because they can wait.

Thinking about it....Looking back to when there was a time where there wasn't sex before marriage it was mostly arranged marriages and they had strict rules about public affection. Oh how times have changed.

You can say you will wait, but really waiting till you get married will only work if you have been going out for what 3 months or more, get engaged and then married three months later. People these days want to see if the person is right for them and to test that they have sex. Its a natural progression.

So as far as commitment goes, you don't have to get married to be commited. Marriage shows the bond between you. You can have a commited relationship that lasts years before getting engaged. Really thats Commitement in my eyes, showing that you have already been together for a long time and then both wanted to never let each other go, thats true love.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku pink_hana may be famous one day pink_hana may be famous one day
    Thanks

For me, it's really not ok to have sex before getting married because sex means to multiply not to use condoms or anything and also not to abort babies...another thing is, sex is not everything...our bodies are the temples of our lives, we must learn how to respect ourselves...if you love somebody, show it in an appropriate way

we never know if you're still gonna get married to that guy after giving your virginity?! he may change his mind you know...so it means lust not love

If i was to say ok, it will be almost impossible for me to have what's in my mind (a limited time with real love??...can it be real?...maybe,I think so but right now, it's a bit far to reality)>.<

"Never tell a man that you love him until he has declared his undying love for you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    I used to always say I will wait till marriage because its only then that I will know if they truly love me because they can wait. Thinking about it....Looking back to when there was a time where there wasn't sex before marriage it was mostly arranged marriages and they had strict rules about public affection. Oh how times have changed. You can say you will wait, but really waiting till you get married will only work if you have been going out for what 3 months or more, get engaged and then married three months later. People these days want to see if the person is right for them and to test that they have sex. Its a natural progression.
    Yes. Good stuff, how the world still turned even though marriage wasn't that big of a deal. Ever see Braveheart? You couldn't even get married necesarrily at times.

Sex can be a big thing nowadays in marriage - kinda like how it meant something since the beginning of time. Greeks, romans, slaves, history. We have a chance to pick and choose and not everyone has the belief that sex doesn't matter. You could be in love, but what if the sex is horrible? People have needs and can't just fit together perfectly because they are woman and man. A lot of variables are in there.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok well from our poll people here belive its right........
    well i dont care if they want it do it not anyone elses falit if u end up having baby
    but like u wont miss anything like if u know your gonna love that person and marry them and what to have children
    in stead of having a baby before marage and then the mother or fater dosnt want it.
    so would it just not make sence ???

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast