+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sex Offenders and Housing...?

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sex Offenders and Housing...?

I of course would b worried but then again about 30% of the registered Sex offener list is just about a bunch of idoits that got caugh during spring break doing something stupid like: Moon thier nieghbor, or run naked down the street. I mean they could have done this about 4 years ago because of a dare. But being on the RSO list will stick with a person. Lets say he moved next door and you never asked and you avoided this person and you jump to this conclusion he liked to touch little girls. That isnt fair.

Ok if he is a little kid toucher. No one really has no right to push a person from thier home. I just saw on the news that this dude kiddnapped a girl. And when he got caught he said it was because her dad did a whole bunch of BS to him to push him out of his home. I mean messing with the guy will only tick him off.

And to further my point 8/10 online communities(such as here) welcomes perverts unconcieously. There are alot of girls that skip thru AO and little boys. And I will grantee that there is or was a little kid toucher on here.

You cant stop them from doing whatever they do.

And to your question I dont think its fair for the RSO that did that spring break mistake to ended up on the list to live with the real crimanals. And even if that kind thing did happen and they passed that law that they did hav to live with each other i think that'd be even worst.

Like if one of they kiddnapped a little girl. They'd all be in it. Lieing for each other. Like some stange brother hood. I mean if they lived next to you. You'd know where to go.

idk.... I dont think its wise to let them live all in the same area.

So i think you sould mov if your worried. They are prohibitd by law to move with out a good freaking reason.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shippo101 View Post
    I of course would b worried but then again about 30% of the registered Sex offener list is just about a bunch of idoits that got caugh during spring break doing something stupid like: Moon thier nieghbor, or run naked down the street. I mean they could have done this about 4 years ago because of a dare. But being on the RSO list will stick with a person. Lets say he moved next door and you never asked and you avoided this person and you jump to this conclusion he liked to touch little girls. That isnt fair.

Ok if he is a little kid toucher. No one really has no right to push a person from thier home. I just saw on the news that this dude kiddnapped a girl. And when he got caught he said it was because her dad did a whole bunch of BS to him to push him out of his home. I mean messing with the guy will only tick him off.

And to further my point 8/10 online communities(such as here) welcomes perverts unconcieously. There are alot of girls that skip thru AO and little boys. And I will grantee that there is or was a little kid toucher on here.

You cant stop them from doing whatever they do.

And to your question I dont think its fair for the RSO that did that spring break mistake to ended up on the list to live with the real crimanals. And even if that kind thing did happen and they passed that law that they did hav to live with each other i think that'd be even worst.

Like if one of they kiddnapped a little girl. They'd all be in it. Lieing for each other. Like some stange brother hood. I mean if they lived next to you. You'd know where to go.

idk.... I dont think its wise to let them live all in the same area.

So i think you sould mov if your worried. They are prohibitd by law to move with out a good freaking reason.

Oh yes I agree with that. Someone who isn't violent that made a mistake, I feel that wouldn't be just at all! I saw a few discussion panels on this topic, and they posed the question I asked you all.

But like I said, this guy kidnapped and violently raped a 14 year old girl at knife point. That's ridiculously horrific. He's not a drunken spring break moron. He's a seriously violent criminal. THAT's why I am concerned, not just for myself... But for anyone who lives nearby.

Having housing for sex offenders would cost the tax payers a lot of money.

So far there's just been the initial fear in the complex... That "defend your territory" thing. We are all good neighbors to each other, so I'm sure nothing bad will happen. I'm sure we will be able to think calmly about how we all feel about the situation, given a little time.

Perhaps that's what a lot of people react to, in similar situations - A sex offender moves in, they automatically go into defense mode, our of fear. ((Can you blame them?))

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

disallow... no -.- ok he is a sex offender what of it... my be I'm being a little insensitive bout this but he or she or wat ever is still a human. Do you think we should pack up all the sex offenders and send them to the moon? (no) If he scares you that much then yes get a gun or sumthin. (Try not to make him or her feal like they have to get revenge or anythin by the way...) (nothing good can happen)

I do not think anyone should have to be in certain house just because what they are (ethnic or anything else, religon, etc.) because if labled that those people might become a real threat to the safty to all around them.

And if you can't stand it anymore (I know u said u can't right now) try savin' up and then move or wat not... all is up ta u...
    death and life are one and the same

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yes I agree with that. Someone who isn't violent that made a mistake, I feel that wouldn't be just at all! I saw a few discussion panels on this topic, and they posed the question I asked you all.

But like I said, this guy kidnapped and violently raped a 14 year old girl at knife point. That's ridiculously horrific. He's not a drunken spring break moron. He's a seriously violent criminal. THAT's why I am concerned, not just for myself... But for anyone who lives nearby.

Having housing for sex offenders would cost the tax payers a lot of money.

So far there's just been the initial fear in the complex... That "defend your territory" thing. We are all good neighbors to each other, so I'm sure nothing bad will happen. I'm sure we will be able to think calmly about how we all feel about the situation, given a little time.

Perhaps that's what a lot of people react to, in similar situations - A sex offender moves in, they automatically go into defense mode, our of fear. ((Can you blame them?))

Oh my. Then get your neighbors to gather and like have a time for someone to stay outside to watch the kid. So the kids are never outside alone. Carpools heck idk.... but what ever you guys do never let kids go out alone. Start a funraiser or something to where all thw women and kids can take figthing lessons. Let everyone know in the area tht this man is very dangerous. If a teenage girl comes home late tell them to call a male relative to met them or what ever. Bettr safe then sorry.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shippo101 View Post
    Oh my. Then get your neighbors to gather and like have a time for someone to stay outside to watch the kid. So the kids are never outside alone. Carpools heck idk.... but what ever you guys do never let kids go out alone. Start a funraiser or something to where all thw women and kids can take figthing lessons. Let everyone know in the area tht this man is very dangerous. If a teenage girl comes home late tell them to call a male relative to met them or what ever. Bettr safe then sorry.
    Yes, we have all talked about these things. We don't want to get in his business, or yell at him, or anything like that. We are just being quiet and avoiding it, and doing our own thing. I do laundry with the lady next door, and if she needs help with her kids I help watch them, etc. We sort of have things worked out, to where no one is alone. The local schools handed out fliers about him.

Anyway...

Enough about me. Back to the topic.

I appreciate the responses.

The program I watched that posed these questions had really good points...((I tried looking for a link but couldn't find one - I don't even remember what it was called! LOL!))

One side, that was for "sex offender regulation" said they wouldn't live all together in a house, but they would be placed in homes/apartments/etc like they are now. But they would be specifically placed in certain areas away from children and schools, and monitored. Okay...

The side that is against it said that would be fruitless. That's what they do now with major sex offenders anyway... ((First degree - Violent rape, rape of a child, etc.)) And if they are to be so closely monitored, just keep them in prison! It would be the same thing.

They also countered by saying it's hard to find housing that isn't near families with children... And not all sex offenders are going after children. There could be victims living near them as well. (Like me) So the solution would be to really get to the heart of the matter, and refine the severity of punishment for major sex offenses, and to refine the laws surrounding them as well. That's a difficult process, but indeed they have a point.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Thanks, atomik_sprout.

I feel that I am a bit sensitive and not quite practical and calm about this topic... (Not just my situation personally... They idea of sex offenders and where they live)

That's why I wanted to know what others thought, people who themselves aren't rape victims. You will never understand that when something like that happens, it's not simply "fear"... And it's not simply an "emotion." You don't "get over" rape. It's a pain so deep that words don't really describe it. So I also think about other victims of a violent sex crimes... Many of which aren't like me, they are still trying to get over it. And even after dealing with it in a healthy manner, and being happy, I am still hurt, and that pain is always behind the scenes.

It's really not the end of the world. It's the initial fear of it, that caught me. The guy would be stupid to do anything, as he's got several pairs of eyes all over him. And, like I said, I'm always packing.

I also thought of this... if they had specific housing set up for violent sex offenders, they would have to be monitored all the time... because really... If they committed another act, they could go to some other city and do it. So that would be pointless, right? V.V;

Guess I'm old school, really... "Eye for and eye" sort of thing... And I refuse to move. I've been victimized enough. Plus, we can't just up and move. My husband and I can't afford it. Otherwise, certainly I would.
    Right on. Nothin' wrong with wanting to know what others think. ^_^

Personally, were I looking at it from the other side of the playing field (IE: the victim), I'd probably think just a tad bit differently. Just a bit. I know that I've been jumped/robbed more times than I can count and it made me a bit cautious about returning to the same hood I grew up in. It also made me a bit less trusting in most people from that area.

Getting back on topic, were it me being the victim, I'd either move or just be a bit safer than I already am/was in that area. Especially knowing that my neighbor could potentially cause some harm. Though, it would be hard for him to do much of anything illegal; considering he's on file. But then again, there's that guy in CA who had a kidnapped girl for 18 years before the cops realized, "Hey, this guys a sex-offender! Let's do somethin' about all those calls we've been getting from that neighborhood!"

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Thanks, atomik_sprout.

I feel that I am a bit sensitive and not quite practical and calm about this topic... (Not just my situation personally... They idea of sex offenders and where they live)

That's why I wanted to know what others thought, people who themselves aren't rape victims. You will never understand that when something like that happens, it's not simply "fear"... And it's not simply an "emotion." You don't "get over" rape. It's a pain so deep that words don't really describe it. So I also think about other victims of a violent sex crimes... Many of which aren't like me, they are still trying to get over it. And even after dealing with it in a healthy manner, and being happy, I am still hurt, and that pain is always behind the scenes.

It's really not the end of the world. It's the initial fear of it, that caught me. The guy would be stupid to do anything, as he's got several pairs of eyes all over him. And, like I said, I'm always packing.

I also thought of this... if they had specific housing set up for violent sex offenders, they would have to be monitored all the time... because really... If they committed another act, they could go to some other city and do it. So that would be pointless, right? V.V;

Guess I'm old school, really... "Eye for and eye" sort of thing... And I refuse to move. I've been victimized enough. Plus, we can't just up and move. My husband and I can't afford it. Otherwise, certainly I would.
    Yeah, I still think you are taking it way over the top. Sometimes people do terrible things, however it doesn't mean you should hate/fear/whatever you feel towards them forever. You have to get over things, or let them rule over you for the rest of your life.

Rape isn't a good thing, however its a pretty common thing. And its also something that could be mistaken if they agreed or not. I know people who have actually been raped, and then those that claimed they were raped. So you can't assume no one else has been raped before because a lot of people are probably not going to talk about it so openly.

I'm more of a take action kind of person, if I see something I don't like I fix it. I think you might want to try to do the same if you strongly feel afraid of the new guy. I say just let him be, and watch him closely.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Yeah, I still think you are taking it way over the top. Sometimes people do terrible things, however it doesn't mean you should hate/fear/whatever you feel towards them forever. You have to get over things, or let them rule over you for the rest of your life.

Rape isn't a good thing, however its a pretty common thing. And its also something that could be mistaken if they agreed or not. I know people who have actually been raped, and then those that claimed they were raped. So you can't assume no one else has been raped before because a lot of people are probably not going to talk about it so openly.

I'm more of a take action kind of person, if I see something I don't like I fix it. I think you might want to try to do the same if you strongly feel afraid of the new guy. I say just let him be, and watch him closely.
    As I said, it's the initial fear of it that had me way over the edge... My husband even had to calm me down a lot. And I realized that afterward, when I met with my neighbors, who were all feeling the same way. We quietly have talked and helped each other clear our heads so we CAN actually do something without it being over the top.

Rape is indeed common, and that's what makes me sad. I'm very open about my past, as it has been the only way for me, personally, to heal. Others may hide, and cry, and not talk about it, and that works for them. if I did that I would implode, really. I won't ever go into details about it with anyone other than my family and my husband. I have done some volunteer work with rape support groups, which is really hard, but it's amazing to be able to help someone. And that helped the healing process as well.

So I assure you, I am not wallowing in pain and fear as many seem to be thinking. And I don't run around with a billboard that says, "I'm a rape victime! Pity me!" No way. I only brought it up here because I was curious to what others thought of the topic of sex offenders and housing, and to explain WHY I feel the way I do. But I am open minded, and take in all views of the subject at hand... That way I could get a different persepctive on what I could do to better my particular situation.

As far as our living situation, things are still quiet, and I was informed by my landlord that the man would be moving elsewhere within the next month. So until then, we will help each other out and just relax. I think a lot of my neighbors were more pissed that he was even released from prison in the first place, rather then about him living there! But no one bothers him or has said anything, there's been no altercations, or anything of that nature. It's been very very quiet, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Perhaps that what people should do when a sex offender moves nearby. Because really, since rape is so common, people would drive themselves batty trying to worry about all the sex offenders...

And the point my husband brought up that made me really calm down was, "He's here and we know who he is, plus the authorities know he's here... He's basically still in prison. It's the sex offenders that ARE NOT registered we need to watch for." V.V This sort of answers the topic, really. That why be up in arms against the known sex offender, when you should simply relax and be careful everywhere you go? V.V

Again, thanks for all the feedback, it really is appreciated.

Sorry for the novel of a post, sheesh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2