+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: sexism?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by animechick View Post
    i watched all the debates between hillary and obama.
    both of which i believe uncapable but nonetheless..

you know honestly its kind of sexist but i dont think a woman should be president of the US, or any country for that matter. it may be old fashion but i think she would let all the "woman worries" come into play. girl are more apt to care about the starving children in africa fund, and the save the animals stuff, and i just dont think thats what our country needs to be focusing on.

anyone agree or disagree?
    lemmi know

Disagree. ''Womens worries'? that kinda made me laugh, only because I'd like to see where a man isn't worried about that stuff either. Just because we are women doesn't mean we are going to stop poverty, save all the children and animals and at the same time neglect their own country.

Just because a woman is in power doesn't mean she's going to focus on those things. That is a huge stereotypical statement saying that women would be. majority of women, probably don't. I personally do care, but that doesn't mean I have done something about it.

Plus, I know plenty of men that do care (probably more than me) about poverty and saving animals and look who in power?

Women are exactly the same as men when it comes to politicians. If women weren't ready to be politicians, they wouldn't have been even allowed to enter politics in the first place. Look at all the women present and past that have been in a leadership position, is it really that big a deal?

I can't help but still smell the fear of difference in the world.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animechick
    exactly the biblical piont i was coming from and even though "times have changed" i base my life off the biblical view- and no i dont havea religion- im nondenominational and i dont frequesntly attend church. my moms as close to aetheist as it gets and shes all up gor hillary. so its defiantly not my background lol
    yup yup. I am the same as you nondemonational. i think thats the best to go. at least i think so.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

sexism works both ways

see: Are girls smarter than boys?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Disagree. ''Womens worries'? that kinda made me laugh, only because I'd like to see where a man isn't worried about that stuff either. Just because we are women doesn't mean we are going to stop poverty, save all the children and animals and at the same time neglect their own country.

Just because a woman is in power doesn't mean she's going to focus on those things. That is a huge stereotypical statement saying that women would be. majority of women, probably don't. I personally do care, but that doesn't mean I have done something about it.

Plus, I know plenty of men that do care (probably more than me) about poverty and saving animals and look who in power?

Women are exactly the same as men when it comes to politicians. If women weren't ready to be politicians, they wouldn't have been even allowed to enter politics in the first place. Look at all the women present and past that have been in a leadership position, is it really that big a deal?

I can't help but still smell the fear of difference in the world.
    I agree. Gender, Race, what ever, all of that doesnt mount to a hill of beans. We are all the same. I really wish people would try to keep pace with those who are in 2008 and more evolved and stop hanging out with Fread Flintstone.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    It doesnt matter if you are of Faith or Atheist, there is something that EVERY one should know and fallow and that is called Basic Human Law, which involves knowing Right and Wrong, and what Bill did in office was flat out wrong.

Define "Basic Human Law" and "wrong"

Common morals we share?

Aleister's Definitions/Interpretations:

Basic Human Law - Another illusion to make us follow some form of same coding

Wrong: Twofold: 1. Societies view on "wrong" by the common morals - which I myself don't share many of them 2. Personal view of what is wrong, another illusion we make.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animechick View Post
    bill committed adultry.
    my my standards he is a horrible person.
    Who cares at least he knew the worth of a dollar. With Clinton around we had a surplus of money. We had trillions of dollars saved over and look what happened when Bush Jr. got his filthy hands on it. We're going through a recession the US dollar is losing its worth and he's trying to make it like the USSR but he's too stupid to do it. People commit sins everyday this isn't new. He was impeached because of adultry he was impeached because of perjury. And incase you don't know what that is perjury is when you lie under OATH!

And I also am a non-denominational Christian but I don't believe in the bible because it was written by men who claimed to hear it from God. That and it opresses women and that is something I cannot and will not stand for nor just simply ignore. God created us for a better reason and a better purpose we are not the slaves of the common man. We are something greater and we can be just as great.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a pointless argument that will be chasing its own tail about he said she said sorta thing. So for the sake of the thread can we get back onto the topic at hand? What has happened has happened and there is nothing any one can do about it. Every one has their thoughts opinions and sorces. So I say lets move along.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i would have to agree with you on this one. There is alot of issue's to cover and i just dont think hillary can cover them because she would be focusing on other stuff that may be important but now what we need and i am not sexest and i dont mean to sound like one.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast