Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sexual Harassment

Sexual harassment is harassment or unwelcome attention of a sexual nature. It includes a range of behavior from mild transgressions and annoyances to serious abuses, which can even involve forced sexual activity. Sexual harassment is considered a form of illegal discrimination, and is a form of abuse (sexual and psychological) and bullying.
    Do you think people take the term "sexual harassment" to a whole new level now our days? In other words, do you feel as though sexual harassment causes a big deal over nothing? Or do you contradict that idea and feel as though sexual harassment should be taken as serious as possible?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Sexual Harassment

i think today sexual harassment is laughable
    becuase i could go up and sneez on a girl and i would
    have a law suit slaped on me faser than you can say
    unbob likes fishing for making her feel uncomfterble
    with my seezing on her . silly yes but things are just so
    stupid with that .

if anything sexual herassment is a game to most
    people because everyone and there cosuin does it
    out of spite or if they dont get the job they wanted.
    or if someone looks at them wrong
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i think today sexual harassment is laughable
    becuase i could go up and sneez on a girl and i would
    have a law suit slaped on me faser than you can say
    unbob likes fishing for making her feel uncomfterble
    with my seezing on her . silly yes but things are just so
    stupid with that .

if anything sexual herassment is a game to most
    people because everyone and there cosuin does it
    out of spite or if they dont get the job they wanted.
    or if someone looks at them wrong
    I can see where you're going with that, but I must say I disagree. Sexual Harassment can turn into dangers if left alone. Yes people sometimes "joke around" when it comes to sexual harassment. But hardly ever. Usually it's the actual sexual harassment that is left alone, and no one does anything about it. If a guy is harassing a girl in a sexual way to go out with her, and she says nothing, he will continue to harass her. If she says says STOP, but he continues to harass her, then she has the rights to report the situation. But if it's something as silly as you are in a crowd of people, and you feel someone brush up against you, a person cannot say that it's sexual harassment. I mean, really they are in a crowd full of thousands of people, it was more than likely to be unintentional. I don't think it is a laughable matter at all.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno i half and half on this i do think some people take it too for by saying some one has Sexual Harassed them.But i do think it can and dose get dangers if left alone.
    Last edited by koga23; Mar 07, 2007 at 03:32 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, yet another touchy subject here on AO. I have a feeling this will be an interesting debate.

The reason its such a sensitive topic is because harrassment is in the eye of the person being harrassed.

I think any type of harrasment should be taken seriously, but I also think the matter should be fairly investigated. Life would be much easier if there were people baring witness to every account of harrasment. But, the sad fact is that most real severe, and intentional incidents take place when no one is looking.

I also believe that many things can be misconstrued as harrassment. Like Dark Chalice mentioned, you could sneeze on someone and be accused of harrassment. Say your sneeze was so hard you lost your balance. But, your eyes were also closed from the intensity of the sneeze... So to brace yourself your hand accidently landed on the womans breast standing next to you!!!
    Hey, you never know. It could happen.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Sexual Harassment

Well now a days sexual harassment is not being take as serious as it should. Sometimes ppl take it as the person is doing a "drama" or so.... but I think that it is very serious.... It actually can become a cause of death if not treated seriously... Even in HS it is getting a big deal... the guys start to "play around" and then later on they are being victims or perpetrators.... without knowing. When one of the "players becomes uncomfortable with "the game" then it is not a game anymore"
    It is truth that some ppl use this as an excuse to get money specially women... -i am a woman by the way- yes there are women that use that as way to get easy money... hurting somebody.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Hmmm, yet another touchy subject here on AO. I have a feeling this will be an interesting debate.

The reason its such a sensitive topic is because harrassment is in the eye of the person being harrassed.

The person being harassed usually makes it known that they do not like the behavior. Which is why it is called harassment. Key words being unwelcomed or unwanted.
    sexual harassment:

The making of unwanted and offensive sexual advances or of sexually offensive remarks or acts, especially by one in a superior or supervisory position or when acquiescence to such behavior is a condition of continued employment, promotion, or satisfactory evaluation.
    If the victim states that he or she does not like how they are being treated, then they are letting the [harasser] know. Girls usually say "no" or "stop". That lets the guys know that what they are doing is unwanted. It can go vise versa as well. The problem is that they do not cease to do it. And it becomes more of a problem. Situations can become dangerous, and things such as date rape, or molestation can take place.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes the gurls don't say a word cos they are afrid of the guy that is "playing" with them
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast