Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment

Otaku sazza2488 may be famous one day sazza2488 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Sexual Harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Lardo View Post
    As for not saying something sooner, that really depends on each persons own personality. I don't want to sound like a Bastard or anything, but it was your life that was disturbed the most. Then again, my freind felt guilty about what happened to her, even though it wasn't her fault so I kinda understand!
    Yeah I suppose. But I have always been the person to put everyone before myself. So naturally I think it's my fault for being so gullible and so trusting with people I don't know as well. When you think its your fault, you are gonna think that no-one wants to listen to you. Unfortunatly that is true in some cases.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sexual Harassment is a term that is used very lightly nowadays, IMO. But I don't think it is a matter worth looking at so lightly. Sexual Harassment is a serious thing, not just something to get money out of. Anyways half of the law suits against sexual harassment always end up getting closed, with no one getting any money. I guess it's a good thing, because people will not go around saying, "RAPE!" everytime thinking they'll be able to get money out of it. But it is a shame that most real and serious cases end up being ignored or forgotten.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think the focus of sexual harassement today is a bit riddiculous.

A private conversation between two people could be considered sexual harassement. The person you are talking about doesn't even have to be in the same state at the time, and you are still likely to be held accountable for such actions. In the past I was branded for sexually harrassing someone because I happened to give a nod in agreement about a certain comment. If people can relay that response to the so called "victim", you are in deep my friend. I had to make a public appology, month suspension, and some gender appreciation classes. The real sad part is, I didn't even nod in agreement to the that vulgar comment, but to how was the weather!

I have seen this happen all over the place, and personally, I have been kinda pissed off about the change. People can get away with a lot of things today; you can push it past the line practically and still come out on top. In other cases you can't even breathe next to someone, or even think in silence, without having a law suit dropped ontp of your head.

Culture and people change with the times, along with rules and flexability. I may not agree with some things, but I still look forward to seeing the underdog get the V.

Considering which gender gets the better half of the treatment and response, there will always be the steriotypes and clouded judgements. Its hard to beat that system, and what self respecting man would honstely come out and say "She's the villian your honor! Quickly, take her away and fill the void from which emotional anguish and pain have taken" weep weep.

Equality right? It's the same old story except a slight misprint in the end for every copy.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I think the focus of sexual harassement today is a bit riddiculous.

Considering which gender gets the better half of the treatment and response, there will always be the steriotypes and clouded judgements. Its hard to beat that system, and what self respecting man would honstely come out and say "She's the villian your honor! Quickly, take her away and fill the void from which emotional anguish and pain have taken" weep weep.

Equality right? It's the same old story except a slight misprint in the end for every copy.
    Sexual harassement isn,t riddiculous but i have to agree that its gotten out of hand, if you dont wats out nowadays you can even get a sexual harassemant carge if you accidentely touched the wrong place.
    And i such a case it dosn,t even matter if your female or male.

And the fact that a man has less change is pretty obvius in most cases the man is the first one to do harm, but this dosn,t mean that man are the only one who force people to have sex or offend people by touching or saying things that arent appropriat.
    It also hapens that a woman takes advantage of other people.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this topic in general is becoming way to fragile. I mean, I once accidentally touched a girl and they thought I was abusing her.
    "oh our law states no touching blah blah blah" and when I go to the city or nearby there are couples kissing each other in front of the police.
    What the hell?

Anyways.
    There are a few incidents where it's really considered as an abuse. Like all the people said before me ^_^.

Thanks

Sexual Harassment is not just "physical". It takes form in many ways. For example, someone can harass someone else verbally in a sexual manner. Insults towards the opposite or same sex is considered sexual harassment in some cases. For example, in my dance class.. this guy always looks at my breast and says comments like, "damn". It's uncomfortable and I don't like it. Even though he's GAY, he continues to do it. He is my friend, so it's all good. But I have told him that what he is doing is sexual harassment, and that he needs to stop. A lot of the problems these days is that girls [and guys] just don't speak up. And that's a sad fact.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess so. There are many people in my school, and somewhere around the streets, that tend to swear at the women and men, as well. They tease their physical characteristics and body parts. It goes to the extreme.
    Lucky the6 got busted >_>

Thanks

Not all of them get "busted" though. It's horrible. And then it goes on and on. And then when the victim finally has the guts to speak up, they are never believed. The bully always ends up saying that they're going overboard and that it wasn't that big of a deal. And then the victim is the bad guy.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast