+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment Going too Far ?

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Sexual Harassment Going too Far ?

When i seen this on the new last night i could not believe what i was hearing.That elementary school students were being suspended up to one or more weeks.For doing normal things small kids would do to each other .So far from what i have learned between 70 to 100 elementary school students are being suspended each year for pretty simple things small kids would do.

Such as this case
    That has not been the case in Brockton, where school officials are accused of going too far. The district is now fighting a federal lawsuit alleging it violated the civil rights of a six-year-old boy last year. The boy was suspended for three days for pulling the waistband of a female classmate during circle time.

School officials reported his family to DSS and contacted the Plymouth County District Attorney's office, which chose not to prosecute.

"My son said to the principal 'the girl touched me first' so he touched her back," his mother told WBZ-TV in an interview following his suspension.

I personally think there going way to far with this and suspending kids that have no comprehension of what sexual harassment is.Plus getting DSS involved for the incident is going in to the realm of insanity all the kid did was pull the waistband of a female classmate.I hardly call that sexual harassment let alone some thing to get DSS involved in.

So what do you think of all of this ? What are your opinions and do you think some thing should be done about this ?

You can find more of the story here wbztv.com - Questions Surround Kids' Sexual Harassment Charges
    Last edited by koga23; Sep 25, 2007 at 01:15 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Sexual Harassment Going to Far ?

in think the teachers and the principle and vice principle and everyone that
    thought the kid was harassing the girl should be fired and replaced that's
    is really stupid and ignorant , i don't care who you are if you don't have the brain
    to know whats normal for kids that old you don't deserve the position of teacher or anything related to school.

i hope when this is done and over with those teachers and everyone involved in this
    loose there jobs that's just crazy ignorant
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i will keep to topic i was confused there sorry but yeah maybe it has been abet fair i know somthing happened to me years ago T_T but i dont wanna talk about it tho

but the kids that get raped my teachers perists ect has whent up as my mum says about the prorests thank god they might be able to get marryed soon

and like at my school the guys and girls dont care there whoes sorry needed to be said but if they were gonna be sexual harrased for somthng like a good grade it wouldnt serprise me and liek some of mine are pervi too T_T
    Last edited by equinn; Sep 25, 2007 at 01:49 PM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what happens When you let this PC bullsh** run amuck. This politically Correct/Liberal crap has gotten out of hand, and less someone steps up and stops this, things like this will go on.

I mean what were these idiots at this school thinking. Little kids like this can't comprehend or process what sexual harassment is. They're just being kids dam it. I think these kids should be taught that this is not the way to behave, but we can't hold them accountable at this age. Not until at least middle school or high school. Who ever in the school did this needs to be fired or punished. I cant believe they call DDS on the kids parents. *Shakes head*

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    This is what happens When you let this PC bullsh** run amuck. This politically Correct/Liberal crap has gotten out of hand, and less someone steps up and stops this, things like this will go on.

I mean what were these idiots at this school thinking. Little kids like this can't comprehend or process what sexual harassment is. They're just being kids dam it. I think these kids should be taught that this is not the way to behave, but we can't hold them accountable at this age. Not until at least middle school or high school. Who ever in the school did this needs to be fired or punished. I cant believe they call DDS on the kids parents. *Shakes head*
    I do agree with you. It is all the politically Correctness going on in this country. Now in days people are trying to do and say the right thing so they don't hurt somebody's feelings. Plus what I think is the main reason is that those school districs don't want to get sue by the parents.

In this country you can sue anyone for almost anything. Think about if one of the parent wanted to sue the school for allowing his child to be sexual harass that parent would had gotten rich.

That is the reason thing are getting out of hand because people don't want to get sue. I know this because I used to work for my college and every year we had to take a several testes and one of them was about sexual harassment.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post

I mean what were these idiots at this school thinking. Little kids like this can't comprehend or process what sexual harassment is. They're just being kids dam it.
    Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    I do agree with you. It is all the politically Correctness going on in this country. Now in days people are trying to do and say the right thing so they don't hurt somebody's feelings. Plus what I think is the main reason is that those school districs don't want to get sue by the parents.

In this country you can sue anyone for almost anything. Think about if one of the parent wanted to sue the school for allowing his child to be sexual harass that parent would had gotten rich.

That is the reason thing are getting out of hand because people don't want to get sue. I know this because I used to work for my college and every year we had to take a several testes and one of them was about sexual harassment.
    I agree with boths these post. These days, it seems you can sue any one for any little thing. And I guess that's why the school thought they needed to take action, which is still BS anyway.

My group of friends used to cop heaps from guys at primary school (not that we didn't give it back XD). and I'm guessin' that under this school, we would have all been suspended, for simple little things.

Like Miroku said, kids will be kids, they don't even know what sexual harrassment is, yet they are being punished for it. They should stop wasting time and money on pathetic things like this and use it for the 'real' sexual harrassment cases that are out there.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I also agree with everything that has been said so far. I also think that sexual harrassment should never come up in an elementary school. Especially when it comes to the kids behavior. Everyone that seen this are adults and understand what the child is being charged with. But I'll bet you big money that if you were to ask both childern involved with it that they couldn't tell you exactly what it was that they did wrong or what was done wrong to them. They just don't understand it! Parents and teachers need to get a grip and let kids be kids.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

while i think that sexual harassment is an important issue today, it is getting out of hand. almost anything can be called sexual harassment nowadays and in environments especially at work women can claim they have been harassed if there were no witnesses and the man will still most likely get into trouble even if he didn't do anything. I agree that children at a very young age do not understand that in the eyes of adults how they may act may be inappropriate, however with how quickly kids are being introduced to mature concepts today it shouldn't always be ruled out that what the child did was intentional

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast