Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Sexualization Of Youth

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Sexualization Of Youth

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I understand where your coming from, but @ the same time there really is a lot more 18 or 19 or even 20 year old virgins around than you think, this is a kind of thing while in high school people really don't want to put that kind of information out, they think its a trend to have sex earlier so they might even go as for as lie to say they've too had sex and are not virgins--

But in all reality there really isn't a 'normal age' to have sex, it comes down to the maturity level of the couples and what they and their parents feel is right or wrong, don't forget that the Amish get married at early ages such as 15 or 16..
    All fine pionts and as far as previosly stated about being 18 and a virgin, I think that as people are learning about sex earlier they are becoming polarized. Some as young as twelve say hey I am going to do this as soon and as often as I can and other who take a vow of celabacy. Now don't get me wrong I am not the person to pass judgement on what is right and what is bad in this matter. But things change.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, as someone previously mentioned, it's nothin' new. My mom had me at the age of 16, like tons of others such as myself.

Youth are pressured by ads and other forms of media that show attractive people "being sexy" and are usually accompanied by some form of words (mostly in ads and music) that attack their self esteem. Words like, "sexy, irresistable, lust, etc."

If a teen/adolecent happens to have low self esteem, sex is used to make them feel like the other kid reciecing it will like them more (in my own opinion). Although, it could also be one of those "the cool kids are doin' it why aren't I?" kind of things.

I dunno... I just know that I don't want my kid to grow up, cuz I really don't wanna relive my sex talk from my mom. LOL. Seriously though, I'd rather have my son make his own decisions and be safe about sex, if that's what he chooses to do, which means I'll have to talk to him about it.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

huuh, I'm going to play the ignorance card and not read blahblah.

To those people whom you are talking about, the deserve comlete and total acess to all things concerning their body and what functions it may have. Touching any part of the body shouldn't be shameful on any level, clothes perpetuate the shame of being naked. Fashions and fads further, and in a more subtle way, reinforce the idea that clothes are a part of life, which alienates the sexual side of things.

What I said isn't really related to this thread, but it is. The real Hollywood, which ironically hides behind the Hollywood we all know and love, is using a media trick by praying on our weakness and preference, and we hold this preferance only because we have the weakness, and the weakness is our insecurities over sex etc.

By flashing these taboo things in front of us they're shocking us into further publicizing, like this, and so it's its own form of viral marketing. By teaching children that they must hide their shame in public you're also teaching them to be excited when they see other people breaking out of that cage they personally are in, serialized hedonism?

As for my opinion on your debate;

this is all for money. We're all in love with youth, young people aren't a step away from the cemetary no, they're light and fluffy and more importantly, happier than you are. Children aspire to be slutty or handsome, whichever, and so the product sells because everyone around the world wants to be attractive. Or, if it's not peddling appearance, than it's upgrading your social status, or even including you in a social fad.

It's all for the glitz, I think.

The kids these days are the ones who are really missing out, because they're caught in between the old generation's obsession with gain and my generation's uselss vacancy of thought.

You know, on the 2012 or something we're apparently moving into the Aquarious constellation, or moving into the year of Aquarious, something magical like that. Anyway, I've always read that the sign for Aquarious was very scholarly or had like, eloquent ways etc/whatever. This whole last decade has been pretty uneventful on the surface, but with all the "unrest" and plain crazy shit going on behind the scenes..

if you through some intelligence into the bowl we might be talking about some serious fun and history making excitement.?

(yeah, i'm totally awake at like 4 in the morning, you're not alone!)
    Last edited by FLawEdmiNd; Dec 21, 2009 at 02:45 AM.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    But things change.
    I just havent seen any real patterns when it comes to younger sex lives and youthful publicity. I mean as far as I can think there has always been those people having sex in the 8th grade and getting married coming right out of high school, it happens, and it happens a lot every year.

I'm just saying I haven't seen this become any worse, as far as the Law comes in, they've increase the resistance against such things as minors having sexual intercourse with anyone above the age of 17 , I think the world has become more loosen on the subject than in the early 1900's, but i dont think its becoming an issue to put too much attention towards.

The average age to get married these days are actually higher than 20 years ago where in American the typical man and woman are around ages of 24 or 25---Age at first marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Central Africa actually has the lowest average 'first timers' in the world with and age of 15, and following is 16 in the US, every where else seems to be at the adult age of 18 or above

Geography of Sex

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

It is so stupid. I don't get what has happened to the people at advertising. I have noticed thec trend that you are talking about for a couple years even. And it isn't just commercials and such about youth. There are plenty of commercials featuring sexual things that should only be shown on adult swim and stuff. I mean, children could easily see that, even when they are watching "safe" channels.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Newbie syrayian is off to a good start syrayian's Avatar
    Thanks

*walks in* now here is my take on this

Iam 19 and iam a virgin and single and i intend to stay that way forever,why? because sex and dating is trouble.As many of you said people should wait before having sex until the time is right and they've matured.That being said i don't think theres anything shamefull about teens having sex.I mean its something the body naturaly wants and they shouldn't feel like there awfull people for doing it.So many people trash talk teens for doing something thats natural and call some of them whores,sinners, and what not which messed up.

my point Teens that have sex= short sighted? yes, idoitic?= yes, reckless?= yes

awfull person?= No

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syrayian View Post
    *walks in* now here is my take on this

Iam 19 and iam a virgin and single and i intend to stay that way forever,why? because sex and dating is trouble.As many of you said people should wait before having sex until the time is right and they've matured.That being said i don't think theres anything shamefull about teens having sex.I mean its something the body naturaly wants and they shouldn't feel like there awfull people for doing it.So many people trash talk teens for doing something thats natural and call some of them whores,sinners, and what not which messed up.

my point Teens that have sex= short sighted? yes, idoitic?= yes, reckless?= yes

awfull person?= No
    well thats true in so many ways but sex is just life and sometimes its good and most time it sux lol
    but what u suspect life is kinda weird!
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it really matter? I mean its other people's life. We all have live or are living in a certain way because that way is how we like or we hadn't had a chance to feel or see another way other then ours or maybe we are just to afaird. TV, ads, and people really can't make someone have sex. They meant make them think "hey I wonder how that would feel' and make them interest in it but not to the point of having sex. There are many factors to think. One is the media, another is the way the person was raise, another is the friends or no friends one has or doesn't but mostly the importent one is the the Person themselves because lets said they get a chance at having sex its pretty much up to them if they want to do it or not. They can stop or not do it if they don't want to.Also Its a two person thing and both have to agree to it.(Unless its rape and lets hope that is not the case) So we can try to stop them or slow them down from seeing the world but kids will see at one point or another. If you ask me life is way to short to worry about the little things. People make mistakes all the time, all we can do is be there to support them and help them when we can (And no I am not saiding having sex is a mistake even if you are underage you and reason I add underage because I know someone underage is highly likly having/had/going to have sex)

As for the adults you guys know that condom and birth control aren't a 100% no birth or STDs. So you should be saving just have sex with the one that you love after if you can hold out until marriage
    Perfection is dull

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast