Closed Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Abortion Be Legal or not lets debate

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    Hahaha. I won't resort to that, ofcourse. ^^ j/k I wouldn't spoil her life with such decision. Thougt tempting~ XD
    You could always use a chastity belt. There's nothing more safe than metal underwear to keep the snakes out.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks
    You're right there Aya-kun...Even a fetus has the right to live and be cared for by the parents. Teenagers should be guided so that they wouldn't stray away...People who agrees to abortion is insane. If we do something, we shud be aware of the condequences which we will take up...

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dont agree with it i just think it's helpful. i mean it's cruel how doctors abort the baby but i think it's helpful

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    On my side i think it should be legal. Im not saying i agree with it but, its a persons freedom as givin in the constitutin of the united states to do as they please without interfering in another persons life, but i do see the reason why everyeone wants it illegal. i mean it is like killing.
    Actually it's not in the constitution. The Surpreme court interpeted the consitution to mean that not allowing abortion was depriving women of their "right to privacy" in the fourteenth amendment. Constitutionalists were agast and have been ever since. Not a right to control their body, a right to privacy. thpppt

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    oh i know cheif,it's cool. and that was some words t o think about, but point blank, the gov shouldnt get invloved. thats my whole issue
    Of course the government should be involved. You're killing someone. It's up to the government to decide whether that is murder or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    ur still not graspng it a child is alwayus a blessing but as for adoption well heres a clue i dont mean to be creul but y condemn t he poor child to b living from family to family ther are thousands of children who just live in orphanage so why submit your child to that kind of life i want my child to nkow what it means to b loved in one home and not many others and thats just how i see it sorry....
    Naruto... you live in the US. The only state I know of where babies stay in the system is California. Everywhere else has a 7-15 year waiting list for adoptive parents.

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

At the time the US Constituion was signed, it was widely accepted that human life began at birth, as the medicial understanding of the time did not include the concept of 'conception'... And as a result of this, the majority of common law, (and even historic law dating back to the times of the Roman Empire) assume that human life begans at birth. And changing this definition is going to open up a real can a worms...
    I'm afraid I have to dissagree. Unborn babies were considered a life. That is why pregnate women convicted of crimes worthy of capitol punishment could plead on their womb or belly. The sentence would at least be commuted until their child could be born because exucuting her before would mean taking an innocent life as well.

As an example, for the sake of argument, let's assume that human life begins at conception, which makes the concept of abortion 'murder'... If abortion truely is 'murder', then wouldn't that make a miscarriage 'manslaughter'??? That would also make drinking while pregnant 'child endangerment' and smoking 'child abuse', and late night partying, or even having a stressful job 'child neglect'... So for those of you who argue that 'Life begans at conception', how do you propose to deal with logical application of law, and what kind of world are you trying to create for women? (grumble grumble grumble...)
    I hate to burst your bubble but in some states delibratly inducing a misscarrage and just about everything else you mentioned is already considered just that.

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So essentially your saying that accidental (but unavoidable) death is acceptable, but a decision to cause death isn't???
    As a matter of fact according to the law it is.

Now Vegetta has brought up the 4 week rule:
    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Any other abortions should by law be illegal once the fourth week of pregnancy is reached.

Why, you may ask? Because at that time the heart of the fetus has started beating. Anything with a beating heart is alive in my books.
    ... or 22 days after conception.

I cannot dissagree with him but what most people don't know is that the age of the baby (the week) is determined from the womans last period. What's more pregenancy cannot be confirmed until the 1st day of what would have been the next period at the earliest. Periods that are on average every 28 days apart and last for 5 day. 4 weeks, 4x7=28. Think about it. By the time women know they are pregnant the baby already has a beating heart or will within days.

I would also like to point out that abortion is not a medical term. It is a legal one. Previous to it's invention abortions were called "foeticide" and "infanticide".

cide
    suff.

1. Killer: bactericide.
    2. Act of killing: ecocide.

[Middle English, from Old French (from Latin -cda, killer), and from Latin -cdium, killing both from caedere, to strike, kill. See ka-id- in Indo-European Roots.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

My own stand? Only for incest, rape, life of the mother, or if the baby would not survive birth anyway. All of those should be up to the women and not automatic. The rest of the time just remember the 2A's: Abstenance and Adoption.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks
    Abortion is a sin for me. I think it's bad but if I ever gotten pregnant at such a young age, I would think of my future. Abortion isn't the only way. Putting it up for adoption is also the other way. It's also a chance giving someone a chance to life. Think of it that way. =) I would feel sooo bad if I ever been forced to get an abortion. I'd put it up for adoption instead. Raising a child is much more harder than you think. It gives you so much stress and a child needs your attention all the time.
    "I love you with all my heart that I can't explain how much in words."

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    the gove SHOULD NOT get invloved. it's the woman body and she can do what she wants if she pleases. i dont agree with it but i cant stop it.
    not even the law. before you know it, we will here about deaths from "homemade abortions"

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks
    the gove SHOULD NOT get invloved. it's the woman body and she can do what she wants if she pleases. i dont agree with it but i cant stop it.
    not even the law. before you know it, we will here about deaths from "homemade abortions"
    Deaths from homemade abortions maybe they deserve it if the circumstances is right.
    I hate that ppl can just make a decision on killing a innocent baby just because they are at fault or cornered in a situation they cannot handle .. i am not talking rape and incest because there is more to life than just satisfying your lust for the sexual.

O' btw = princesslady that womans body ,she can do what she wants with it is getting old u have mentioned it in this thred at least 4 times
    What about taking responsibility for your precious body and try and makes sense out of the fact that u can decide what u want happening to your body.

If a woman spreads her legs she is responsible and ready for whatever happens after that.
    It is easy to say i am too young ,dont have money to support a child ,did not want this to happen ,why did this happen to me ,i was just having fun.All the excuses u can think off they are but excuses of ppl doing things that can cause unwanted effect.

Otaku Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Why do they have to abort the baby if they can deliver the baby safely? That is not the baby's fault. He/she is innocent. Why do you have to do sex if you can't take the consequences? That's just irresponsible.. They(I mean for she only)can send the baby to an Orphan house... Let the baby live... Maybe God gave you the gift to give birth but maybe it is not your duty to take care of the baby.Even if she's young, and is pregnant for some reason(whatever it is), she should not abort the baby if the baby brings no harm. Why? Bcuz I live in this world for too long. Why not give the baby a chance? Taking away an innocent life is cruel... But for some reason, they(I mean women) have to do it. Sometimes they are trapped in two decisions: Whether to save the baby's life or her own life. But I would rather die rather than killing an innocent life(If I'm in this nasty situation). If you really are a good person, you'd sacrifice your life just to save a new life that would remember you forever..

Okay, up there, I'm just telling you ppl what I'm thinking. For real, we don't have the right to stop other women what they want to do with their babies...
    But what to do... Nothing will happen. Sometimes ppl make their own decisions without thinking carefully and as for the result, they are just to irresponsible to face the consequences.... And in the end, they'll just abort the baby(once again... The same mistake.). Taking away innocent life...
    Carve an amble now,
    Saying that the day's still bright,
    And let's play with time.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast