Closed Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Abortion Be Legal or not lets debate

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love View Post
    But that aside Miroku I have a block of stone and I take a hammer to it, does that mean I just destroyed a work of art? It is not carved sanded or shaped yet but it could be a breath taking work of art.
    As an artist I'm going to answert that. No.

sculp‧ture
    verb, -tured, -tur‧ing.
    –noun
    1. the art of carving, modeling, welding, or otherwise producing figurative or abstract works of art in three dimensions, as in relief, intaglio, or in the round.
    2. such works of art collectively.
    3. an individual piece of such work.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

The work of art is conceptualized in the eye and mind of the artist. The stone is mearly a material used for it's creation. Your comparision would make it a single chain of DNA or at most a sperm. By it's self it is meaningless. It is the combination that makes a whole.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    So you admit that it's not the baby's fault then... Now, in the situation that you presented to us, your... friend? was raped. That's a terrible thing to happen to anyone, even then, she decided to keep the baby. Ask your friend if you get the chance if she made the right decision.. I bet she will say yes.

"But its something hard to live with." In case of rape, I sympathize. However, as I stated in my last post, only 1% of abortions are due to rape. Yes, it's a terrible thing, but you can't base your opinion on something that only happens 1% of the time. The rest of the time, they should live with it. As it was there decision to have sex in the first place.
    Well of course its not the baby's fault. And adopting is a better option. But i was trying to give an example of at least something that is a good reason for abortion. Not that abortion is a good thing.

And i dont understand your last line about rape and that it was there choice to have sex. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    no the stone would be a egg the hammer would be the delivery mechanism

also the stone has the potential to be a great work of art. and isn't that what abortion is the destruction of a work of art?
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    That's why I don't like to argue with religious people they don't argue using logic. They just scream about how their belief is right.
    Humph, I have More logic than you can ever dream of I'm just statin my opinion like everyone else

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Based on that logic neither this nor this would be considered human either (warning: may offend).

You cannot base what is and is not human solely on looks.

...and you have the medical degree to back that up with? To use your own analogy, a tadpole is not a frog but that does not make it "a peice of shit". It just makes it a baby.

Much like you and your attempts to shock people into agreeing with you?
    Umm no. That's a horrible comparison with what I said. The first picture didn't load and the second picture was just a picture of a black man. He's undoubetly a man not a fetus.

No my analogy would be comparing a frog egg to a fetus or a fertilized embryo.

I have no idea with what you mean. I have simply used pictures of fetuses to help my argument.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love View Post
    no the stone would be a egg the hammer would be the delivery mechanism

also the stone has the potential to be a great work of art. and isn't that what abortion is the destruction of a work of art?
    No offense, but you are obviously not an artist. The stone itself is unessential. There is always another peice of marble or granite. It's the artist that creats not the stone. A stone by itself has no potential. It's the stone in the hands of the artist that can result in great art. You need both. Hence the "at most a sperm". Sperm cannot creat life by themselves just as stones cannot become art without someone else.

Umm no. That's a horrible comparison with what I said. The first picture didn't load and the second picture was just a picture of a black man. He's undoubetly a man not a fetus.
    There are places and times that would have disagreed with you. That picture was not just a black man it was a black slave. A slave that depending on where he lived could be considered no more then an animal with no soul based solely on his apearance.

As for the other picture.
    Joseph Merrick

I have no idea with what you mean. I have simply used pictures of fetuses to help my argument.
    Except they don't because of the above... and you were the one who used the tadpole comparison not me so the analogy stands.
    A tadpole has a beating heart but I wouldn't think twice if I killed it. It's not even a human being yet look at it. It's like a freakin tadpole with arms.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Oct 10, 2006 at 05:18 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    this thread will never end. abortion will always be legal. they madde it legal cuz of dangerous homemade abortions killing girls

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    No I never claimed to be an artist at least not just a sculptor I do 3-D Animation which is sculpting drawing math along with a few other fields when I'm working with materials I am no longer a person, I am god the child in question is the stone. In the end it is my work of art and it is perfect. God discards no stone. man dose in my earlier post the hammer was used to destroy.

Because I couldn't think of a better blunt object for destroying works of art but in this post it is just a tool use to create. In other words man and god have a hammer and you know I'd be pissed off if your where smashing my art

Sorry I see now it wasn't a great analogy when I started but I think I've cleared up my point a bit if not well I keep trying or move on.
    Last edited by Phoenix of Love; Oct 10, 2006 at 05:22 PM. Reason: I'd like to add that Philosophy is more my bag then art. However, if you think about it the two are the same my art is logic.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast