Closed Thread

Thread: Should AIM or other instant messengers be outlawed

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Should AIM or other instant messengers be outlawed

there has been talk that we should outlaw thing where kids can communicate to people who might be child mollesters..... i think this is stupid... they think that if we take it away all this great stuff will happen... no more mollestation... no more kiddnapping... but think about it... if a kid is stupid enough to go meet some rrandom person they meet on the internet.. what stops them from meetig a random person they met by i dunno... a newspaper ad? i think these shouldn't be outlawed.. just restricted or summthin

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should AIM or other instant messengers be outlawed

thats true I think there should just be an age limit when making these things (AIM) and parents individually in there own homes should have more parental control
    but thats won't make much of a difference
    look at myspace you have to be sixteen to join but even I know people on there who are 12-15 and just lie
    kids do stupid stuff and access to the internet helps but it isnt the cause and shouldn't be banned in my opinion

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Banning all ways of speaking through the internet isn't going to happen. So tough, for the government. We have the future to deal with, and with the future comes more great ways of communicating through internet.

When children get molested or raped or kidnapped because they were silly enough to post their address or personal information on Myspace, or their AIM profile, it is no one's fault but theirs. This should not be outlawed. As you said. If they are stupid enough to speak to random people online, what stops them from speaking and meeting with random people from the street, or from a birthday part of a not so close friend?

Besides, the ways of communicating with one another online isn't meant just for children. It is also meant for adults. So outlawing it, or banning it - whichever you choose to call it - would be emptyheaded and meaningless. It wouldn't solve anything. Kids are stubborn, and that's just the way it's going to be. Should internet communication systems have a better privacy system? Sure, why not? But they should not be banned.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it shouldn't because actually no one is responsible for stupid kids that give their personal info. via-mail.... It will be unfair for lots and lots of ppl that live far away from their homes. Actually the parental control should increase, but the msn and all the communication via-mail should not be outlawed.... it will be not fair... it is ok to have friends on-line... but they are good there, on-line not farther than that... one does not know if the person on the other side of the internet is telling the truth... you don't know that......
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

I see no reason to outlaw any of the instant messengers, mainly because it is not the program to blame. People might as well call kids on their cell phones (which many have at a very young age) and lure them to wherever. So shouldn't phones be outlawed too? This is not something that can be stopped or even properly restricted via outlawing anything.

All it takes is for the parents to look after their children as a child is somewhat unable to think rationally at times. He might as well go with a complete stranger should that stranger happen to tell him that he's going to take him to his mother

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Banning AIM and other such instant message boards is a form of censorship. The responsibility to protect the children falls on the heads of a) the parents and b) the children themselves. Myspace did not force those girls to fly halfway across America to meet the guy of their dreams, only to have him rape her. It's not the Internet's fault. **sigh** People . . .

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

No i don't think they should be outlawed because it a great why to communicate with friends or family members that may live to far to call or to see,If a kid is dumb enof to give personal info over the net its the kids fault not what there using.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Hey, who opened up a dead thread?!?!

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online Forums - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread