+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: should bad people not be allowed to have kids?

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should bad people not be allowed to have kids?

Honestly, I was really hoping someone would make that point (I was even thinking about the counterpoint afterwards).

That is a right given by the government you are in. I call them Governing Rights. Basically abilities the Man says you can do (or something someone can't do, but there isn't much difference).

I have the ability to go around and kill the people who disagree with me. But the government gives everyone the right live a fair life, hence murder is not a happy thing in the government's book.

The only rights I consider given at birth, as in they exist simply because you exist, is your right to live by respecting others right to live as well (which sort of makes my above point moot, but I could get around that if I wanted to) and your right to defend your freedom by respecting others right for freedom.

Why I don't think the ability to reproduce isn't a right anymore is based on logic. This planet has 6 1/2 billion people on it. It makes a wee bit more sense to adopt then to bring another kid into the whole mess.
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

That's the thing. You consider the right to reproduction isn't a right anymore - even though it's based on logic, it doesn't mean it's not there ^^;

I do agree adoption is a way people should consider, but even then people make that difficult - being picky and would rather wait for years until there's a specifc type of child out there available instead of being more open minded and think "Well, alright if there's no more this - how about we go for that?"

I can understand the people who say it's that choosyness that starts problems. I.e. an Asian couple are looking for an asian male baby of 2-4 months, that's the same ethnicity of them but can only find either asian female babies of that age group but not the same ethnicity or babies of that age group but aren't asian at all. After waiting for that specific male baby for 2 years they get tired of waiting and decide that they could just go and make that baby themselves. There goes the population ^^;

But hey, maybe when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt adopt kid 6 people will start to adopt with a less fussy over what they want - It's said adoptions to the countries Maddox and Zahara were from increased quite a bit after Jolie adopted them. ^^0
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Jul 18, 2006 at 12:23 AM.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie Mindfreak may be famous one day Mindfreak may be famous one day Mindfreak's Avatar
    Thanks

so u mean they will take G. busch's kids away!........YES!

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Oi, LilG1, and Exo pretty much covered everything

...Impulsive...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10