+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should children know whether they are adopted or not?

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should children know whether they are adopted or not?

ther ante much i can add but being adopted cant be a bad ting aslons as they love you with all ther hart doues it realy mater if your adopted or not

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'v been thinking I was adopted sence I was a little child but even to this day I don't but don't fell like asking.
    The reason why is im in no way like my parentens, siblings, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles everyone.
    The only one that I felt close to was my grandfather on my mothers side, but other than him theres no one I fell like famly to and hes dead now.

With that said I fell it to be a requierment to tell them as soon as possible and why they could be with there real family.

The truth will allways be there unless you never know.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    I'v been thinking I was adopted sence I was a little child but even to this day I don't but don't fell like asking.
    The reason why is im in no way like my parentens, siblings, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles everyone.
    The only one that I felt close to was my grandfather on my mothers side, but other than him theres no one I fell like famly to and hes dead now.

With that said I fell it to be a requierment to tell them as soon as possible and why they could be with there real family.

The truth will allways be there unless you never know.
    The truth will always be there. That is the end of the sentence.

You are simply choosing not to know, plain and simple. If you truly feel it should be a requirement to tell an offspring as soon as possible, than what possible reason is there for you to sidestep and completely ignore these circumstances?

There is nothing that says you are, or are not, adopted. Just because you don't feel much of a connection could mean nothing more than, your interests don't meet, match, or are mutual. You will never know because you chose not to; I think this is probably the worst reason to tell someone they are adopted.

If you want something done, do it yourself. It seems to me that you should stop relying on others to do everything for you and blaming them when they don't. Step up, take the plunge, and quite hiding in fear.

I also feel very little connection amidst my family, but I learned on my own that I am in fact not adopted. Adoption isn't an excuse and it just shouldn't be or used as one either.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    The truth will always be there. That is the end of the sentence.

You are simply choosing not to know, plain and simple. If you truly feel it should be a requirement to tell an offspring as soon as possible, than what possible reason is there for you to sidestep and completely ignore these circumstances?

There is nothing that says you are, or are not, adopted. Just because you don't feel much of a connection could mean nothing more than, your interests don't meet, match, or are mutual. You will never know because you chose not to; I think this is probably the worst reason to tell someone they are adopted.

If you want something done, do it yourself. It seems to me that you should stop relying on others to do everything for you and blaming them when they don't. Step up, take the plunge, and quite hiding in fear.

I also feel very little connection amidst my family, but I learned on my own that I am in fact not adopted. Adoption isn't an excuse and it just shouldn't be or used as one either.
    Dude your a little harsh. When did I say I was in fear of any kind.

I don't care to know because It dosen't make a driffence in the end, were still being rased by the same person.

Talk about taking it too fare. Chill out and don't think of me as week.

Im not some little kid in 23 years old.
    Im all grown up and I like the way I am.
    Theres so many things that make me glad im not like any of my LIVING famliy members because how they are.
    Border racists, judgmental, attics and other things that my famliy is that im not.

(The truth will allways be there unless you never know)
    And thats my quote ok thats how I like it
    Watch how you judge some one thats one thing I can't stand.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    Dude your a little harsh. When did I say I was in fear of any kind.

I don't care to know because It dosen't make a driffence in the end, were still being rased by the same person.

Talk about taking it too fare. Chill out and don't think of me as week.

Im not some little kid in 23 years old.
    Im all grown up and I like the way I am.
    Theres so many things that make me glad im not like any of my LIVING famliy members because how they are.
    Border racists, judgmental, attics and other things that my famliy is that im not.

(The truth will allways be there unless you never know)
    And thats my quote ok thats how I like it
    Watch how you judge some one thats one thing I can't stand.
    Harsh? I am not the one really taking offense or making an uproar, nor did I write it as such. It appeared more than a little like you were using adoption as an excuse. I still think you are, but that is my opinion and there was nothing there suggesting you were weak. Considering how you came to that conclusion is interesting and how you percieve it as that, is another interesting point.

Since you decided to completely sidestep anything relevant I may have mentioned, you didn't take the time to respond in a complete manner. If you could, that may give me a little more insight to your conclusion about your decision for adoption. This is a debate thread afterall, and not everyone is going to share your opinion and some will make judgements based off of what you say. Since I can't hold your hand while you write or have come to know you more besides one message, what do you really expect?

Again though, you haven't really written or provided any words that would suggest I am wrong. I didn't quote you. As you may recall, I made some corrections, primarily implying it is not your quote and it was wrong none the less.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not adopted, but I'm glad that my mom told me about where I came from at a young age. Until I was eight or nine, I thought my brother and sister's dad was my dad. *We'll talk about that story later. ^_^*

If I adopted a child, I'd tell them while he/she is young. Not like at the age of five or anything, but before the kid gets old enough to be full of angst, hormones and other (pre-)teen drama. The kid'll cope--and if not, I can always trade him in for another one, LMAO!!! (Joking! Sorry, I couldn't resist the humor.)

Seriously though--I believe that it's a good thing for a child to learn about where he/she came from at an early age. I think you'd be putting up a few emotional hurdles, which would be blocking your kid's path to leading a successful and/or "normal" life.

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

im glad my parents told me when i was adopted.^^ i mean it wasnt like they wanted to trust me but they told me when i was four. and again at 8. i dont know sometimes i wish i never knew. Because i have all this anixety issues of seeing my biological parents and knowing what they look like, where they live and have alot of questions for them. Next year will be my 18th birthday and ill be able to go back home and try to find them.

So i agree children should know if they are adopted. They need to know where they came from and how they came to be who they are.

^^
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

It all depends on the child and the child's age. If they're young and responsive tell them and get it over with but if they are especially sensitive it wont hurt much not to tell them.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast