Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should english become the official language of the U.S?

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Should english become the official language of the U.S?

Well I was watching Channel One in school and they asked this question . It got me thinking that maybe we all might speak english here in the U.S, but not everyone is going to speak it and it would be like making the english language a superior language. Some places protest that they shouldn't make other things in other languages becuase they don't have to. I think it would not be very fair because though some of us know enlish and can speak it , doesn't necessarily mean we completely understand it and we might be more comfortable reading things in our native language or what not. So , should english become the official language of the U.S.?
    Bloodymoonreaper

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should engish become the official language of the U.S?

Though there is no official language in the states it is basicly english. With a close second of spanish. I don't believe that we should make people learn a language they do not want to. But since our country is mostly english speaking, unless I'm wrong, I believe it is a good idea to have everyone who moves here learn it as a second language. I do believe it should be the choice of the individual to speak whatever language they want though. As long as the other person can understand it.

Well what I mean is if you go to a resteraunt or a store and you have to speak with a rep. than they should be able to speak english. Myself and a few friends have had a few situations where this was not so.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Is the business world not primarily english i know there is alot of english ppl in SA although, we have plenty languages of different Races but i think english is and will be the preferred business language.

Maybe the 2nd language of the world will be english aswell in a few years....

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it will matter in the US whether English becomes the "Official Language." I say so because the US is a unique nation that is a melting pot for many other nation's immigrants. We are a nation of immigrants, as have been said, and therefore;, it is extremely difficult to say we have one official language.

I don't deny that we predominantly speak English, but our nation's diversity in both ethinicity and languages is what makes the US stand out as a nation.

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't necessarily mean that english will be the spoken language. Some places feel that they don't have to serve others in their native language or something like that. They protest that there is no law that tells them that they have to explain requirements or issues to the person they are speaking to if they do not understand the english language. I don't see any fairness in this.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah that is pretty messed up. You can't blame someone for not understanding something if you tell them in a language you know they can't understand.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

the majority of the US speaks english thus, the masses would think tht it should be. However, there are ppl dnt speak it, thus they are looked down upon which creates prejudgice. Making it the offical language is somewhat of insult since the native american indians were there before white ppl........

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X
    the majority of the US speaks english thus, the masses would think tht it should be. However, there are ppl dnt speak it, thus they are looked down upon which creates prejudgice. Making it the offical language is somewhat of insult since the native american indians were there before white ppl........
    maybe we should all learn that instead....lol..
    Bloodymoonreaper

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast