View Poll Results: Should they go to hell?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 10.42%
  • No

51 53.13%
  • I don't really care

19 19.79%
  • I don't believe in the existence of hell

16 16.67%
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Should gays go to hell?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should gays go to hell?

@ Miroku4444, still not exact now is it? It doesn't matter if it is off 100 trillion years or 5 years...the equation still doesn't float. Math is beautiful but exact...if the answer isn't exact it isn't right. You can change any aspect of that formula and change the result billions of years and yet none of them are correct...why should I put any stock into such a thing yet discredit another? Is the earth more than 6000 years old, probably...does the bible state the earth is 6000 years old...no...the 6000 number came from a priest who "traced" an incomplete linage back to an approximation. No where does that make the bible any less applicable than any other "theory" on where we all came from, nor have I discredited anything. The Bible doesn't give the "age" of it all and it doesn't have to since the "age" really doesn't matter.

@ mellow maromi, don't take what I said out of context I never used the bible to explain anything in science I just used the example of the the age of the earth as a fact nothing in science is "proved" and thus to discredit something like religion in favor of a theory while calling the theory fact is stupid.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not that they are guessing on the age of the earth. Its not a math equation where if you're off by a few numbers the answer its wrong.

Its just that carbon dating, is accurate to billions of years. They have a picture of when the earth was formed. Its fuzzy, but you can make it out. Around 4.5 billion years. They didnt pull that number out of their butt.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    Its not that they are guessing on the age of the earth. Its not a math equation where if you're off by a few numbers the answer its wrong.

Its just that carbon dating, is accurate to billions of years. They have a picture of when the earth was formed. Its fuzzy, but you can make it out. Around 4.5 billion years. They didnt pull that number out of their butt.
    I never said they did, I FULLY understand the theory and the measures they use...What I did say was that it wasn't factual if not precise as math is PRECISE. You can't use math and say the rules of math aren't that important. But that is what they are doing, they are saying the result of the inaccurate measures gets them somewhere better than "no idea" so we are going to use it like it was the right answer!

You just can't say "well it is precise to billions of years" and say that has any real merit now can you? That something with a margin of era of BILLIONS proves the earth's age? No you can't, otherwise I have some land with a margin of a billion that it has oil on it I would love to sell you.

Science can't prove it (or anything for that matter) so until we get to where it can be proved, don't write others off as ignorant or "insane" for their beliefs. That is all I am saying.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Science can't prove anything? And Religion can?

Science has proved a lot of things over the course of time. Thats absurd to say that it cant prove the age of the earth.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Of course NOT! They are humans just like us. i hate it when ppl say that! They are not doing anything wrong...

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

haha gay people are the coolest people ever!

i love them all they're so freakin nice

nicer than straight people anyway and well im bi so yea

but i dont believe in hell anyway so whatever :P

love the gays!

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Newbie jonshinjuku is off to a good start jonshinjuku's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: Should gays go to hell?

Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post
    At my school we were having a debate if gays/bi's/lesibians should go to hell cause of the bible. It went on forever and it seems we haven't decided about it yet? As I ask our AO community do you think so? Should gays/bi's/lesbians go to hell cause of the bible says so?
    i do believe in what the bible says but religion was set for the individuals interpretation of its doctrines and laws so my view is that if the bible was set to govern mankind by its laws then gays/bi,s/lesbians are going against that doctrine in the bible..shinjuku

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I never said they did, I FULLY understand the theory and the measures they use...What I did say was that it wasn't factual if not precise as math is PRECISE. You can't use math and say the rules of math aren't that important. But that is what they are doing, they are saying the result of the inaccurate measures gets them somewhere better than "no idea" so we are going to use it like it was the right answer!

Science can't prove it (or anything for that matter) so until we get to where it can be proved, don't write others off as ignorant or "insane" for their beliefs. That is all I am saying.
    Your missing the point, no one said it was that accurate .The off by a billion is up to that or less. Anyhow the earth is no more than 5.5 billion year or no less than 3.5 billion years. Its in that range somewhere for sure, and thats a fact. So either way it dis-proves that laughable 6000 figure.

You just can't say "well it is precise to billions of years" and say that has any real merit now can you? That something with a margin of era of BILLIONS proves the earth's age?
    No it doesn't prove the exact age, but it give you a rough ballpark figure. And i would say that has merit. Someday when we get more advanced, and will have the earths age down to millions or thousands of years. I don't think well ever get it exactly.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast