View Poll Results: Should they go to hell?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 10.42%
  • No

    51 53.13%
  • I don't really care

    19 19.79%
  • I don't believe in the existence of hell

    16 16.67%
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 105 to 112 of 121

Thread: Should gays go to hell?

  1. #105
    Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Behind you ...........boo ha im a duck
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    I believe that you are what you are and NO one can condemn yoou for that If you live your life with common sense(hence the begining of the 10 commandments aka the 10 commen sense rule to life) but you have 1 flaw as does every human then no you shouldnt be condemd to fiery pitts of darkness!
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon


  2. #106
    Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 84 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post

    But there again, your God could be the 'wrong one'. You can't argue that fact with those who don't believe.

    And there, within every religions basis lies that fallacy, the fact that there is no way to differentiate which is just and which isn't.

    You could say if I'm not saved I'm going to hell. But what if I'm Buddhist? One that has learned about the cycle of reincarnation and enlightenment?

    You can't tell me that the right God is yours, when we have a plethora of Gods and Goddesses on whole sale.

    And yet again this all rears back to my belief in 'Faith and your perception' He is true to you because that's what you were taught, or came to see in your own mind. There's no way you can prove that truth to anyone outside your faith.

    So, using that as a rudder it directs that it's possible for Homosexuals to 'not burn in Hell', because we don't know if it 'really exists' because we could just be under the nose of Vishnu.
    lol, again gays don't go to hell for being gay in the Christian faith.

    I believe in my God and that his way is the right one. I have taken the time to study my religion in great detail and the various other major religions as well, all to find my path.

    If you can say you have done the same and not found a way then that is a issue you need to continue to pursue. As for me I have found my way and thus I can clearly say YES mine is the right way if for no other reason then I believe it to be so. Life is about your own path, if I have found mine then YES IT IS RIGHT.

    But since there is no proof mine is wrong then how can I be wrong in following what my mind and heart have lead me to? That is much more a right path then someone who chooses to remain ignorant of religion simply because there are so many of them and they all claim to be right and some of them have conditions they do not like. You think I like all the aspects of my religion? Nope, but it is the path I have deemed right and thus I will respect and follow. If that doesn't work for you then have fun on your own path as long as you find one.

    I don't expect others who don't believe to understand, but don't give me how wrong my faith is when you have no proof otherwise. Likewise, I chose to respect your right to disagree so respect my religion and don't construe it as evil.

    Just because you/someone else believes differently doesn't make the other way horrible, shallow, dumb or even wrong. It is just in your/someone else's opinion they are not following the right course and in their mind you aren't following the right course. I have never asked you or anyone else to believe the way I do, but only that they don't bash the thing they haven't studied out and do not understand. You don't hear me slamming those who don't follow Jesus. My saying they will go to hell for not following Jesus is slamming them?

    No, It is just those who don't follow my way go to hell by the teachings I follow, you can't say that they are unfair when they are the policies of the God I follow. You have no right to question their fairness, only to chose to follow them or not.

    But that is in no way any different than those who don't follow, say your Hinduism/Buddhism example, do they not wind up in Naraka (depending on the scriptures you read is not so dis-similar of the Christian hell since it is a place of torture for "purification" of the soul for misdeeds as detailed by their faith). Muslims have Jahannam which is guess what...yet again hell.

    How can you say it is unfair for one faith to say their way is the only right one and if you don't follow it saying they are going to be punished when ALL religions teach their way is the only right one and you will be punished by not following it?

    So what if the number of God's are a dime a dozen, you have to search it out and derive your own path to the correct one. All I have ever said it mine is that path. If you choose a different one then that is your choice. But don't call my way evil as I don't condemn yours.


  3. #107
    Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sadly, Michigan
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    Ouh how fun. Well in my view the bible is the ultamite mass of BS and contradictions, other than a few of my friends. Homosexuality is natural, of course some would disagree, which majority of whom have an issue with homosexuality usually have an insecurity about their own sexuality. Homosexuality is just a natural attraction of the same sex, big deal does it matter? Of course not, why should it? I see no reason to. We are who we are, and sadly majority of society (I'll have the audacity to point to Christians on this) Have a small tolerance of accepting people for WHO they are, on beliefs or intrests. I guess Self Gratification in your own means is basically sending you to hell, to the view of certain people.

    As for hell, to me it's just a place created by the church to manipulate fears, much how Theistic Satan Worshipping was created to bring forth fear and bring others to join the chruch. Yet Anton also talks about Hell was tooken from the Pagan/Norse God Hel, and Greek god Hades, of course add the two together you basically DO have "Hell".

    That's my dime in this matter.

    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

  4. #108
    Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in ol'Michigan
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    lol, again gays don't go to hell for being gay in the Christian faith.

    I believe in my God and that his way is the right one. I have taken the time to study my religion in great detail and the various other major religions as well, all to find my path.

    If you can say you have done the same and not found a way then that is a issue you need to continue to pursue. As for me I have found my way and thus I can clearly say YES mine is the right way if for no other reason then I believe it to be so. Life is about your own path, if I have found mine then YES IT IS RIGHT.

    But since there is no proof mine is wrong then how can I be wrong in following what my mind and heart have lead me to? That is much more a right path then someone who chooses to remain ignorant of religion simply because there are so many of them and they all claim to be right and some of them have conditions they do not like. You think I like all the aspects of my religion? Nope, but it is the path I have deemed right and thus I will respect and follow. If that doesn't work for you then have fun on your own path as long as you find one.

    I don't expect others who don't believe to understand, but don't give me how wrong my faith is when you have no proof otherwise. Likewise, I chose to respect your right to disagree so respect my religion and don't construe it as evil.

    Just because you/someone else believes differently doesn't make the other way horrible, shallow, dumb or even wrong. It is just in your/someone else's opinion they are not following the right course and in their mind you aren't following the right course. I have never asked you or anyone else to believe the way I do, but only that they don't bash the thing they haven't studied out and do not understand. You don't hear me slamming those who don't follow Jesus. My saying they will go to hell for not following Jesus is slamming them?

    No, It is just those who don't follow my way go to hell by the teachings I follow, you can't say that they are unfair when they are the policies of the God I follow. You have no right to question their fairness, only to chose to follow them or not.

    But that is in no way any different than those who don't follow, say your Hinduism/Buddhism example, do they not wind up in Naraka (depending on the scriptures you read is not so dis-similar of the Christian hell since it is a place of torture for "purification" of the soul for misdeeds as detailed by their faith). Muslims have Jahannam which is guess what...yet again hell.

    How can you say it is unfair for one faith to say their way is the only right one and if you don't follow it saying they are going to be punished when ALL religions teach their way is the only right one and you will be punished by not following it?


    So what if the number of God's are a dime a dozen, you have to search it out and derive your own path to the correct one. All I have ever said it mine is that path. If you choose a different one then that is your choice. But don't call my way evil as I don't condemn yours.
    Red: Yes, your path, your 'OWN' path. But by stating yours is true you are also stating that others are wrong. It is right for 'YOU' and 'YOU' alone (and others of your faith)

    Bold: For your information I do not choose mainstream, organized religion. I have my own beliefs in whats' out there. Call it my 'very own' religion. Which I am not stating as any one else's truth but my own.

    Yellow:
    ~Bold: I didn't state your faith or any one's was in fact wrong, I was questioning the question itself, how would we as a general race know which one is right. Don't put words in my mouth.
    ~Underline: I respect your religion and didn't say anything about how 'evil' it may be. Yet again, don't put words in my mouth. (Or on my fingers in this case)

    Lime: Yes, opinion and perception. Leaps of faith. But you see by stating yours is true you are inadvertently flipping every one else the dirt. When you make comments like "I'll pray for you, because you are going to hell." And such things, it's basically bringing your very own arrogant challenge that that they in fact are wrong. Thusly it's disrespectful.

    Pink: I wasn't talking about fairness, or anything as such. My comments are made for inquiry and to have you think.

    Magenta: From what I have learned the Hindu people as well as certain Buddhist sects see life and death as the ultimate circle, and believe in reincarnation. Even if they go to that one place they'll be back when their time is spent, not eternity. (At least that's what I remember. Shaky on that one. )

    Gray: It isn't unfair, but as I explained earlier it can be taken disrespectfully. That's why I don't believe in accusing others as wrong, but question them to learn more and see reactions. The fact I asked you about which was right and which was wrong was just to see what you could come up with, not insult you.

    White: As stated, to say yours is right is to accuse others as wrong, which can be taken as a sign of disrespect. So don't say you haven't condemned when you do every time you pronounce your truth as the over all, and not your own. (Like when you say everyone who doesn't believe is going to hell.)


    It's not very nice to say that I'm bashing you when I'm not, I'm just learning through inquiry and stirring the minds of others who are trying to find their own path. For I have found my own.

    "Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

  5. #109
    Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 84 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    Let me start by clarifying the situation. 99% of the time if I use the word “you” it is a generality to mean anyone, thus my statements are not directed at you (being Tetsanosuke Kirikami), please do not take my comments personally or as if I am saying something for you. I am not as foolish as you think I can discern the thoughts and beliefs of others no matter how well I may know them. Thus my comments are meant as objective points and not a play on your (Tetsanosuke Kirikami) words.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Red: Yes, your path, your 'OWN' path. But by stating yours is true you are also stating that others are wrong. It is right for 'YOU' and 'YOU' alone (and others of your faith)
    Yes and no, if it is something I have found to be true YES it is true to me and me alone as truth in terms of belief is something only applicable to YOU, yourself. No, in the sense that just because I believe something or I chose not to believe something it has no effect on the actual reality of it. I can choose to believe the sun is pink but that doesn’t make it so. Yet just because you say it isn’t pink doesn’t make it so if the thing we are talking about is un-testable. That doesn’t mean my path is only right for me or those who believe the same as I, my path could be wrong I accept that. But that doesn’t mean it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Bold: For your information I do not choose mainstream, organized religion. I have my own beliefs in whats' out there. Call it my 'very own' religion. Which I am not stating as any one else's truth but my own.
    Never said otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Yellow:
    ~Bold: I didn't state your faith or any one's was in fact wrong, I was questioning the question itself, how would we as a general race know which one is right. Don't put words in my mouth.
    ~Underline: I respect your religion and didn't say anything about how 'evil' it may be. Yet again, don't put words in my mouth. (Or on my fingers in this case)
    A misunderstanding of my intent, please see my first statement, my comment was not directed at you. I said what I said based on the fact it has been said in this thread that my religion was wrong and “evil” to a degree for the belief structure it had yet other faiths which believe basically the same in the areas condemned are considered ok. I find that to be wrong, nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Lime: Yes, opinion and perception. Leaps of faith. But you see by stating yours is true you are inadvertently flipping every one else the dirt. When you make comments like "I'll pray for you, because you are going to hell." And such things, it's basically bringing your very own arrogant challenge that that they in fact are wrong. Thusly it's disrespectful.
    I have never said that “I will pray for them because they are going to hell” (though I assume it was a generalized statement). Frankly, that is arrogant, presumptuous and no way to persuade someone to your cause. I offer my path as a solution, it is their decision to take it or leave it. Yes by essence that is saying by my beliefs that you are going to hell for not believing them…but it is not disrespectful to voice my beliefs especially when ASKED but it is wrong only to press them when they say “I am sorry I don’t see it that way.”

    What is per my beliefs is my own and theirs are their own, you have to respect others beliefs as you would want them to respect your own. If a Muslim tells me I am going to their version of hell for not following Muhammad then I can respectfully decline, he still thinks I am an infidel but I think the same about him. Each has the right to believe how they wish. Now if he tried to kill me for my difference in belief then yeah, that is wrong. But the belief they are wrong isn’t disrespectful in anyway, nor is voicing it. Forcing the issue when it is stated they don’t want to is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Pink: I wasn't talking about fairness, or anything as such. My comments are made for inquiry and to have you think.
    I did “think” about your (Tetsanosuke Kirikami) comments which are why I offered my rebuttal of how is Hinduism/Buddhism any different? Since they believe in their own version of hell, which you get to by their set of rules…what more is there to consider? I am basing my opinion off my own beliefs if you believe differently then so be it, it doesn’t change anything about my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Magenta: From what I have learned the Hindu people as well as certain Buddhist sects see life and death as the ultimate circle, and believe in reincarnation. Even if they go to that one place they'll be back when their time is spent, not eternity. (At least that's what I remember. Shaky on that one. )
    Yes you don’t stay forever, you can learn and grow (for as long as it takes through torture I might add)…to new enlightenment… But since life is eternal that could very well mean you are tortured for eternity assuming you ever “grow” to new enlightenment …right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    Gray: It isn't unfair, but as I explained earlier it can be taken disrespectfully. That's why I don't believe in accusing others as wrong, but question them to learn more and see reactions. The fact I asked you about which was right and which was wrong was just to see what you could come up with, not insult you.
    No insult was taken, but my point was that everyone has their own way and those who different are “wrong” if you ask me if I find something wrong then I will honestly answer that by my beliefs (which is the point of this thread). So how is it disrespectful when you are asked your own beliefs? If I came to your house sat you down and preached to you your ignorance or refused to respect your wishes to believe differently then yeah, that is disrespectful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    White: As stated, to say yours is right is to accuse others as wrong, which can be taken as a sign of disrespect. So don't say you haven't condemned when you do every time you pronounce your truth as the over all, and not your own. (Like when you say everyone who doesn't believe is going to hell.)
    Again, it isn’t disrespectful if you are asked about your beliefs…is not the title of this thread about if gays go to hell? Is not hell a Christian concept? How is answering that “no they don’t, only those who disbelieve go to hell per the Christian beliefs” disrespectful? I have condemned no one, I have no power to judge them, telling someone (who asks) that the speed limit is 50 MPH and if you break it you will get a ticket is very different then pulling them over and issuing them a ticket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]
    It's not very nice to say that I'm bashing you when I'm not, I'm just learning through inquiry and stirring the minds of others who are trying to find their own path. For I have found my own.
    Again, misunderstanding of what I meant, I wasn’t directing my comments to you and thus wasn’t saying you were bashing my faith, I simply stated that people should NOT bash my faith and expect me to respect theirs.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Nov 30, 2007 at 11:50 PM.


  6. #110
    Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in ol'Michigan
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    Pretty much there was a big misunderstanding of communication between us, which is very easy considering this is the internet.

    I'll let it be.

    But I will say one thing, the sun is proven and known to not be pink. But God and such cannot be outright proven and only within can he or 'it' be. Thus is why it as a general theme the is only limited to self truth. You could say you believe god is real, by stating that 'you believe' because that's self truth. But to say the statement 'he is real' would be like stating the truth beyond yourself, and into the reality of others.

    ( This works on my own belief that we live in our own realities, and displaying that 'you yourself believes' and 'he is real' as statements are entirely different. )
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Nov 30, 2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Removed long quote

    "Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

  7. #111
    Newbie Alondra is off to a good start Alondra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    downtowm minneapolis
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    homosexuality will send you to hell!! would you consider that taking a bullet for someone, if you do, id go!! its a way of life i mean come on he created it why wouldnt he go to hell if its so wrong?

  8. #112
    Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Should gays go to hell?

    It's proven that there is a genetic difference that's makes certain people homosexual. it is NOT a choice. and no, they shouldnt go to hell, whether one goes to hell or not is solely on their inner self if they are good or bad people. it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. everybody has a right love whoever they want, and they should not be judged on that.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ah What the Hell
    By tsurara in forum Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2007, 08:19 AM
  2. How are gays/bi's/lesbians viewed as in Japan?
    By Rook in forum Japanese Culture
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
  3. How many gays/ bi's/ and lesbians are here at AO?
    By Rook in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 07, 2007, 07:54 PM
  4. Are gays illegel
    By anime_8000 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 04, 2006, 07:04 PM
  5. What THE HELL?!
    By CrusaderSean in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2005, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts