View Poll Results: Should they go to hell?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 10.42%
  • No

51 53.13%
  • I don't really care

19 19.79%
  • I don't believe in the existence of hell

16 16.67%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Should gays go to hell?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should gays go to hell?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I remember learning in history that we were treated like sinners just for being black, now it's the gay people's turn? Who's next?Are we gonna start condemning Mexicans next?
    I believe that's the immigration argument . . . but I agree that people give homosexuals a bad image when a lot of them are really awesome people.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The entire segment on Sodom and Gammorah contains, in itself, no specific condemnation of homosexuality. The act may be called "unnatural" but no punishment or prohibition is set for those actions. The tale itself functions just as well as a caution against being a poor hosts in general as it does a caution against same-sex coupling.

God is well aware of the cities' sate BEFORE he sends messengers there, he punishes them only after they treat those messengers poorly (saving the one man who treated them well... by, incidentally, throwing his own virgin daughters to the horde to be raped. Another bit of the story that gets "thrown out" when we're condemnning homosexuals to eternal hellfire).

I've read the bible... but no, I don't pour over it looking for reasons to be a bastard to people or bring judgement down on them. Maybe I missed a few stipulations about how certain decisions who make you a terrible person in the eyes of all.

But according to the bible, don't ALL who don't believe in God go to hell? All who lie, cheat, steal, adulter, and have premarital sex? All who believe in the "wrong" religions. I guess that means us homosexuals, transexuals and bisexuals will be in great company when God leaves us all in eternal fire.

Heaven is sounding more like the Nazi vision of a New World Order every day...
    God was going to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah long before he sent his "messengers" in there. In fact he only spared the city up to that point per Abraham's request and "deal" with God to find 10 righteous people in there. He couldn't even find that, just 10 people and yet they couldn't be found so the city got nuked. The moral of the story isn't about anti-homosexuality and the city wasn't explicitly destroyed for that, it was that the city was at such a "wicked" state of being in general that God good no longer bare look at it. It serves as an example that anyone can get messed up by living too close to extreme wickedness...yes I can see how showing us an example (Lot's messed up life) of how NOT to live and the consequences of living that way is the same as "condemnning homosexuals to eternal hellfire" (the act of which is never mentioned).

Like what I said in my first post...in bold red font...YES the only thing that sends one to hell is unbelief in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior...homosexuality has nothing to do with it. All that the bible says about it is that it is wrong. How does that make heaven like a "Nazi vision of a New World Order" You can be homosexual and go to heaven, much like you can be a liar or a cheater. The bible is very clear that the wages of sin is death, not hell so what exactly make you think the bible teaches "bastard to people or bring judgment down on them"?

So far all I have seen is you do that towards the bible and those who believe in it. Frankly I don't understand how you think people should just harken to your ideas of acceptance of homosexuality as a proper way of being when you seem so bent on "damning" those of a Christian faith for simply voicing their disagreement with it as being acceptable (no where again saying it would send them to hell).

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    So far all I have seen is you do that towards the bible and those who believe in it. Frankly I don't understand how you think people should just harken to your ideas of acceptance of homosexuality as a proper way of being when you seem so bent on "damning" those of a Christian faith for simply voicing their disagreement with it as being acceptable (no where again saying it would send them to hell).
    We don't all believe in Jesus Christ, Christianity, The New Testament, or even the Old Testament. Religon is one of the few acceptable reasons left for being a bigot. Yes, I'm passing judgement, but guess what? I don't believe in any of the religions that condemns it!

(and for the record, there are THREE major world religions using the old testament... and only one of them believes that simply accepting Jesus into your heart is going to get you saved. I'm not necesarily addressing YOU and your beliefs in what I'm saying here, I'm talking about religion in general...)

But I guess that means I'm going to hell anyway. Along with all the Japanese, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, and Muslims.

Even according to you: the only people going to heaven are people who accept Jesus.

Seems pretty totalitarian to me.

And why on earth should gays turn to a religion that calls them abominations? It's kind of like how there aren't many black mormons... seeing as the mormon dogma says they were cursed with their black skin for refusing to take sides in the war between Jesus and satan -_-; No one wants to be a part of something that treats them as second-class citizens from the get-go.

Meanwhile serial killers can say "halleluiah" for days on death row and be saved?

Screw that. Enjoy heaven.

I don't believe in hell... but if I'm to go there, it will be for being who I am without fear and doing what I believe in my heart is right BECAUSE I think it's right.

I don't want to play a game I don't think is fair. Reguardless of how fabulous the prize being offered for winning.

I believe that it's perfectly within anyone's right to dislike, put down or exclude anyone you want from privately-run clubs, organizations, businesses, your church, whatever. But it's perfectly within the right of the gay community, the non-Christian community, and people who are less literal in their faith to think you are full of **** and call you out on it.

In some nations, being gay is punishable by death thanks to what's written in religious doctrine... some nations still stone rape victims as adulterers... Religion can be used to incite tremendous hatred. And for that, I will ALWAYS be wary of it.
    Last edited by tsurara; Nov 13, 2007 at 03:07 AM.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

It states, in Leviticus, that "No man shall lie with another man as he would a woman," but I've a question... Where does it state that "No woman shall lie with another woman as she would a man?" We have a tendecy ta forget that the Bible is the word of God as written by the hand of Man. God is perfect; man is not. I believe that the Bible is subject ta personal interpretation. Ppl in societies fear domination and I believe that this is the drivin' force behind why ppl fear male homosexuality. In the back of most of societies minds, the act of two male lovers bein' together ignites that fear, which is why so many in societies react towards male homosexuality in such a negative manner. Yet, I have read the Bible and I have seen no references (although I could b wrong) towards female homosexuality, I find this puzzlin'. How could one reference one and not the other? Perhaps we need ta look at our own society for answers. For example, I was watchin' Cops wit my dad one day and they were in New Orleans durin' Mardi Gras. The cameramen shot a scene of two women inna deep French kiss wit the crowd, made up of a mixture of men and women, cheerin' the two women on. How come is it that when it's two women doin' that, crowds cheer; yet when it's two men, the crowds jeer? I believe that the act of female homosexuality is not seen within the same perspective as male homosexuality and that is why u don' c anythin' written in the Bible 'bout this subject. That is why it condemns one, but not the other. I believe that God has a place for us all in Heaven and that he doesn' favor any one of his children over any of the others.

Chiefblackhammer-- The majority of Biblical Scholars agree that the story of Sodom and Gammorah had little, if anythin', ta do wit homosexuality. They believe that it is a lesson in hospitality and bein' hospitable towards strangers and one's neighbors. If u read the Bible closely, u'll find several stories scattered throughout the Bible that r, almost, virtually the same as the story of Sodom and Gammorah; with only a few changes in the story structure.

Tsurara-- Not all those who don' believe in God go ta hell. God wants u ta follow him 'cause u choose ta, 'cause u love Him as u would ur own parents. Alot of the schisms, 'bout Christianity, r caused by various religous zealots who believe that their belief is absolute. I believe in a very gracious and lovin' God and I don' believe that He would condemn any of his children for choosin' not ta believe in Him. If that were so, He would have never given us Free Will ta choose for ourselves. Think of the Bible, not necessarily, as a rule of law; but as a guideline on how one should live. U could take some, all, or none of what u will from it. And Christ wanted ta show us the way and he died on the Cross doin' jus' that. It was Christ who made worshipin' God non-exclusive when he invited the Gentiles ta worship wit him. He did alot of things for non-Jews which were against the Jewish doctrine of the time. So I would not b surpised ta find myself seated next ta u on the bus ride ta the Pearly Gates. I believe that God has a place for u in heaven, even though u may not have a place for him in ur heart.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Why should gays go to hell? What is the motive of the person who brought that to suggestion? Idiots i swear. Just because your gay or a lesbian doesnt mean you disobey God. Where in the holy testament aka bible does it say thou shall not be gay

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't know much about gay guy's, but I have one reason for one gay person to go to hell, my cousin, somehow he became guy and right now he's being a real A-hole about it, *oh wow cry me a river* he doesn't take things to serious when comes to family, he's always on the internet or out somewhere to look for a nother guy to hit on, *snagging*

Otaku chrystalann2004 is off to a good start chrystalann2004's Avatar
    Thanks

in my opion
    people are people
    weather they gay or liz or even bi
    why if the first was a man and then later there was a female
    the first man could have gay and the such to a bi becaause female .
    that what i think
    no should go to hell unless they
    done some so interable

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Well after reading Cheif's post it's safe to say that I'm going to hell since I totally reject Jesus Christ as my "savior". Simply because I am Wiccan (so basically Cheif if I or anyone else who doesn't believe in your religion will got to hell)and I don't believe in a religion that continously oppresses women. (Think back to the witch hunts, Mary Magdelene and women unable to become priests/pastors/pope (minus the Episcopalian denomination)).

Anyways no I don't think Gays should go to hell because really I don't believe in a hell. Hell to me is a mythical place that parents tell their kids that's where they're going if the misbehave or "sin" so that they grow to be "better people" or so I think. Besides if you think Hell exists, then where's your proof? Have you been there? Then how would you know?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast