View Poll Results: Should they go to hell?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 10.42%
  • No

51 53.13%
  • I don't really care

19 19.79%
  • I don't believe in the existence of hell

16 16.67%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Should gays go to hell?

Newbie DollCorpse is off to a good start DollCorpse's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should gays go to hell?

Hello, I'm new here. Now, I don't mean to offend anyone, but any religion that says gay people should go to hell is bullshit. In my religion, which is Buddhism, treats everyone equally, even sinners. I don't think people should go to hell just because of their sexuality. Why shouldn't people be allowed to love someone even if that person is the same gender? What's wrong with that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people go to hell for sinning the 7 deadly sins or break the 10 commandments or something like that? I don't understand why it's a sin to be gay. I'm not gay, but I know a lot of gay people, and ALL of them are the kindest people I've met. No matter what anyone says, gay people shouldn't go to hell for being gay. Seriously, the ones who say gay people should go to hell are just discriminating and are stupid homophobes who are blind to the truth.

DollCorpse

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

People of different sexual orientations aside from heterosexuality go to hell just because the bible says so? I don't think so.

First of all, I don't believe in the existence of hell. Second, the bible was written by man, with human hands. And besides, why is it so sinful for a man to love a man, or a woman to love a woman? "Good lord you both have the same reproductive organs blasphemy!" So what? When you love someone, you still want to get them something great for Valentine's Day, right? You still want to be there for them when they're sad, right? You still want the both of you to be happy together, right? Whether or not you guys share the same reproductive organs doesn't change those feelings; it's like saying that having big feet somehow changes what the emotion of sadness feels to you. And for those of you who say that homosexuality is unnatural... Did you know that dolphins engage in homosexual activities? And what's wrong about being unnatural, as long as it's not being harmful? Okay, so a woman's fallen in love with another woman. Is she out on a homicidal rampage? is she out sexually assaulting anyone? Is she out hacking bank machines and stealing people's credit card numbers? No. She is just in love with a woman. She just feels a tender fondness for a woman. She just feels about a woman the same way a heterosexual woman would feel about her beloved boyfriend. She is just in love, and not anything else.

Homosexual love... What's so harmful about it? It's love. Love is harmful, you say?
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

The Bible is the word of God as written by the hand of Man, even though it is the word of God; man has had his influence on it ever since its inception. I don' believe that the Bible was ever ment ta b taken literally, if it were it would have been written in a more literal sense. Man has fears and those fears have been written inta the Bible, some as sins. I feel that societies attitudes towards homosexuality, mainly male, is made up of a distinct fear of domination. Take what is written in the Bible 'bout homosexuality, this is one of the few times in the book in which the wordin' is very precise. It clearly condemns male homosexuality, but it is strangely silent 'bout female homosexuality. As I have stated earlier in this thread, this is not unusual behavior in a pack species. In every pack species, every male wants ta b top dog (i.e. Alpha Male) and sex is sometimes used as a means of establishin' dominace. If one wants ta b the alpha male, one must b the dominator; not the dominated. This fear of bein' dominated is what drives the human attitude towards male homosexuality and seein' two males together inna more intimate manner ignites those fears. This is why the condemnation of male homosexuality is written inta the Bible.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well i dont belive in Hell coz i dont belive in bible too coz for me bible is just one more book with rules made by men, i belive in god but im not religious(it doesnt mean that i dont know shit about religion) what i do belive is, if God made us, he didnt write rules or sins, He just created us with ability of thought and feelings...these to ability never work well together, that's why animals dont have issues...why think homosexuality as a sin if we talkin about love between 2 ppl? just coz the bible say so?? Thinking like that made us as a radical Mussuluman, they do what is writed in their bible(Alcoran) no metter wht, for me this a stupied thought!

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope people beileve that gay people cannot change the fact that they are gay. I haven't had sex but I am attracted to both males and females. This is tough on me, because I have guilt issues. The more I think about it, the more I feel I should'nt try to change something that I can't. I heard about sin at church today, and how god loves every single human being. I hope you agree with this because the only people I have told are my mom and my shrink. Being gay is considered a sin among many people.

However I beileve that only rapists and killers go directly to hell, and thats only if they don't try to become saved and don't ask Jesus or they're profet for forgiveness. I beileve if being gay is a sin, then it is not a very big one. I mean people have casual sex all the time straightly and people don't tell them they are going to hell.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

As I've said a million times before, NO I do not believe gays should go to hell.

This statement made by sir.chief completely explains my reasoning:
    Homosexuality is VERY MUCH A SIN per the Bible, but that isn't the question. The question is if they should go to hell and the Bible is quite clear that sin isn't what sends one to hell...only rejection of Jesus Christ as you lord and savior.

Newbie WitchBaby89 is off to a good start WitchBaby89's Avatar
    Thanks

First off i have to ask where you go to school. Because I've gone to a very strict all girls catholic high school AND a co-ed catholic high school. Taught by nuns. And I've never once herd them say something so terrible and wrong. we've actually had very intelligent discussion about gay marriage where both sides were taken seriously.

Now I have many many homosexual friends, both male and female. (I myself being bi-sexual) And I have many many straight friends. And all I have to say is that homosexuals are human. They have feeling just like everyone else. They have hormones and attractions just like everyone else. They have families and friends just like everyone else. They have kindness, strength and courage just like everyone else. They can make a positive difference in the world just like everyone else. They make mistakes just like everyone else. And they also have the ability to love just like everyone else, they just love a little bit differently. And if these "Bible" readers believe that homosexuals should go to hell simply for being who they are. Well then these people need to put that book down and look at the world for what it really is, and not what the "Bible" claims it is.

Because a God who creates people in a special way then condemns them for it, doesn't sound like a God who makes much sense.
    "I'm by your side. No matter how sad your dreams are, I don't mind"

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

Well then these people need to put that book down and look at the world for what it really is, and not what the "Bible" claims it is.
    The Bible does not say gays go to hell. There is no evidence of it.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast