View Poll Results: Should they go to hell?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 10.42%
  • No

51 53.13%
  • I don't really care

19 19.79%
  • I don't believe in the existence of hell

16 16.67%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Should gays go to hell?

Newbie WitchBaby89 is off to a good start WitchBaby89's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should gays go to hell?

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima9 View Post
    The Bible does not say gays go to hell. There is no evidence of it.
    Yes I am well aware of that. It would explain why I put quotations around the word "Bible". You missed what i was trying to express. I was referring to the people who take the bible so literally that they distort it and turn it into something used to shun others. I am well versed in what the bible says. You don't go to an all girls catholic school and not pick a few thing up.
    "I'm by your side. No matter how sad your dreams are, I don't mind"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima9 View Post
    I hope people beileve that gay people cannot change the fact that they are gay. I haven't had sex but I am attracted to both males and females. This is tough on me, because I have guilt issues. The more I think about it, the more I feel I should'nt try to change something that I can't. I heard about sin at church today, and how god loves every single human being. I hope you agree with this because the only people I have told are my mom and my shrink. Being gay is considered a sin among many people.

However I beileve that only rapists and killers go directly to hell, and thats only if they don't try to become saved and don't ask Jesus or they're profet for forgiveness. I beileve if being gay is a sin, then it is not a very big one. I mean people have casual sex all the time straightly and people don't tell them they are going to hell.
    'Tis true, everyone's a sinner. But those who go to hell are the ones deserving. It's like you said, God loves all his creations. I believe that if you are a generally good person and can admit to his/her own faults and sins, that you'll go to heaven; be you gay, straight or asexual.

Saying gays should go to hell is like saying God smokes crack!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though personally, I don't believe in god, and the existance of hell, and I disagree with organized religion, I have some things to say.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
    Well, there's that.

Now here's my point. Even if the Bible says this, why would anyone in their right minds, follow a book that says something like this? I think its highly hypocritical, and just plain stupid. No offense, but seriously. There is so much things that can be argued about the bible. So many things listed n the bible that are controversial.

Like for instance, it condones rape, slavery and murder.

"Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)"
    "Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)"
    "4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

5) Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.
    It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim. He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property"

Clearly, the bible has countless things that I very strongly disagree with, and even if it says homosexuals should be put to death, I don't believe in it. And I think anyone who could worship such a ruthless and unforgiving god, are worshiping a totalitarian dictator, who gets joy out of being the boss, and smites anyone who opposes him.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.
    It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim. He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property"

Clearly, the bible has countless things that I very strongly disagree with, and even if it says homosexuals should be put to death, I don't believe in it. And I think anyone who could worship such a ruthless and unforgiving god, are worshiping a totalitarian dictator, who gets joy out of being the boss, and smites anyone who opposes him.
    No offense, but these statements kind of make you look like a Dumba**. God didn't say or advocate this, man did. The bible was written by man(In a time when these things were normal), and its been twisted to his ideas over the years, not gods.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear: "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

Not only that, but many christians argue that God wrote the bible, using humans as a tool.

"When you write a paper, who writes it really? You, or the pen? Or even the ink or the machinery in the pen? Just like with the bible. God was the writer and the prophets were the pen."

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Not only that, but many Christians argue that God wrote the bible, using humans as a tool.
    Yes originally, but the later stuff was twisted by man.

perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear: "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
    And whats bad about that? Its just a passage to show that your suppose to follow the laws of your land, and not to take some part of a law and twist it so you don't have to follow it.

Thanks

No, its saying that the bible old testiment or new, remains valid no matter how much time passes. If it says dont kill, that means dont kill, 1000 years from now, or 10000 years from now. Yet christians willingly go into war and kill..

Also

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)"

"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)"

That makes it clear that the bible wasnt twisted.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The major problem with religious discussions is few, actual very few people know the literary works well enough to properly talk about the subject. Most people “Google” verses or scurry through scripture to find verses which validate their point, and thus largely taking the verse out of context. Never is taking a scripture out of context a proper or acceptable course of action.

True literary scholars consider the “context” of scriptures not individual verses. WHY? Simple. I can take the Bible and show where “God” commands the killing of a race of people. In the same Bible I can show where “God” commands ‘Thou shalt not kill’. By using the two passages of scripture alone the Bible can seem very contradictory. And that is NOT the case; those who argue the bible is contradictory are simply ignorant of what the Bible really says in the “whole” picture. This is all further complicated when you take into account the many, many different versions of the Bible as they say basically the same thing some times very differently and thus context is lost on singular verses.

To understand context you have to look at a scripture in the following way.
    1) What does the actual verse say? Thus the context of the verse.
    2) What do the surrounding verses (chapter) say? Thus the context of the chapter.
    3) What do the surrounding chapters (book) say? Thus the context of the book.
    Not only that but you have to consider in each of these, who is being addressed, why they are being addressed and if that is applicable to today and your life.

All of this paints the whole picture and how the verse thus this fit into the context of the Bible and your life.

The Bible takes about 70 straight hours to simply “read” and that doesn’t even take into consideration studying out what the “context” and meaning of each verse. @ 66 books, 1,189 chapters and 31,101 verses. I think you can understand how difficult the contextual understanding of the Bible can be. At 25 years of age and being very well versed in scripture for my whole life I still consider myself a novice.

Why have I said all this? It is due to the vast amount of disinformation floating around in this thread about the Bible and the subject matter there in. People are pulling out verses to either prove their point or slam the bible when they COMPLETEY miss the point. So let me establish the basics as they relate to Christianity and the subject matter of this thread.

1) God is God. God knows all, is all powerful and is everywhere. Is it true God loves us? Yes (though I don’t understand why sometimes). However this does not mean we get to “run” God. Why do you think you are so important that God should bend his will to however you choose to be? Some of you don’t care what I say now (being equal as humans) so what would elevate my opinion to you if YOU were all of a sudden the all powerful God, creator of the Universe? NOTHING, in fact you would be applaud I would even offer my opinion to you and think you should heed it. Then why do you think YOUR opinion should matter to God? I think if he truly is the all powerful then he is the one with the clout and he gets to lay the law down according to how he wants it. Simply saying well if God doesn’t see things my way then I won’t believe in him…doesn’t make God go away. He is still there and still God. Also let me say this as well. God needs nothing and no one, he is self sufficient. Anything he chooses to do is for reasons only he knows and per his own will. Accept it your not important enough or powerful enough to dictate to God how things are or should be.

2) The Bible in its entirety is the word of God. God inspired men to write the things that we as people needed to know in order to live our lives in accordance with God’s will. And do you not think someone that is all powerful can get a lowly human to write what he wants and at the same time preserve what he said through the ages? Is that really a difficult thing to someone who created the Universe? So yes, he being God established what he wants and commands us as his creations to do. It contains examples, passages and ideologies of what to do and what not to do, some directed at particular sects of people others generalized to all. Thus you have to know the context of scripture to know if it is some thing you should follow explicitly as written or if it is a matter of principle and thus a value you have gleamed for yourself but not necessarily applicable to others. The purpose of the Bible is:
    a) To show man how to act and behave (the law).
    b) Revile to him that he can't abide by them (the law).
    c) Fulfill God's plan (see next point).
    3) God had a plan. This is the part where I enlighten you to how the whole thing works in a very abridged version. Also note that Salvation is not about keeping the commandments in the Bible! As you read the below you will see why.
    a) God is…meaning he always was, never was created and always has been thus is present before “time.” God is a three part entity. God (also called the father), Jesus (also known as the son or the word) and the Holy Ghost. All three are 1 and the 1 is all three. Study the concept of a “paradox” for more enlightenment on that concept.

b) God creates everything…else. Heaven, angels, earth, humans, the universe, etc…

c) Some time in between/during the creation of “Heaven” and the “Earth”. Sin is born; sin is anything that doesn’t match to what God has established, thus if God made something to be a certain way…then sin is deviation from that set order. An important note is that God created the “rule” not the sin. Sin was born by those who break the rules.

The first sin was committed by one of God’s angels called Lucifer (Satan, the devil etc…) who was the highest ranking angel in heaven with only God being higher in stature. Satan decides hey, I am pretty great…so great that I will become higher than God on the pecking order and establish myself above him. God kicks Satan (and 1 third of the angels) out of heaven and down to the earth where he has created man (which he originally created lower than the angels). BUT this is not Satan’s (or the fallen angels) only punishment! They have a 3 fold punishment for their sin.
    i) They are sent out from heaven.
    ii) They are not granted “forgiveness.”
    iii) They are doomed to “hell” for eternity.
    Thus the first sins are “PRIDE”, “SELF EXALTATION” as being equal or higher than God, and “REBELLION” against what God put into place. Make note of this because it is very important. I will also point out now (for later) the opposite to each of these are: Humbleness, self deflation and submission.

d) God gives man a “law”. He stated man could eat of any tree in the Garden of Eden except 1 and that the eating of that tree would result in man knowing good and evil and that he would surely “die.” Thus the sin of eating from the tree in terms of how sin’s punishment is dealt with to man is “death.” At this time man breaks said law and gains the knowledge of good and evil and thus what is acceptable to God and what is not (thus sin). This is the establishment of the law. The purpose of the law is to show man they cannot follow it (I will explain later). Of special note Satan “tricked” man into breaking this law!!!

e) God establishes that man can “cover” his sin with the sacrifice of God’s choosing. God killed 2 sheep in the garden of Eden to “cover” Adam and Eve, thus setting forth the example of how “salvation” is going to work (interim to Christ).

f) God establishes his chosen people for which the messiah (The Christ) is to come from. The Jews are nothing more then the people of God for which he chose to:
    i) Produce a messiah to save ALL people from the bounds of law
    ii) Establish his word (things to live by both in written law and examples of the lives they lived)
    This does not mean just because you are a Jew you are saved or that you’re “above” the rest of the world. God did give precedence to them because of how he chose to use them. Nothing more.

g) God sends a messiah. After thousands of years of man failing to keep the law of God, he offers the “perfect” sacrifice in that of his son, Jesus. By, and only by which sins can truly be forgiven.

Basically by accepting Christ’s sacrifice as the means to salvation it does several things. (Which you should notice from before, just in the reverse)
    i) It grants access to heaven
    ii) Access to “forgiveness”
    iii) Salvation from hell.
    Thus to gain the things that Satan and the fallen angels lost is by “humbling yourself” to admit you cannot keep the law (self deflation) and submission to allowing God to “save” you. This removes any ability of man to claim any merit of his own for obtaining the above!

If man could be saved by the keeping of the law then he could claim himself as the savoir and exalt himself as a God. THUS the only people that will go to hell are not HOMOSEXUALS or those who can’t keep the law (because none of us can) but those who refuse to humble themselves and accept the plan of God.

God chose this as the means to bring man to heaven and perfect fellowship with him because perfect fellowship with God is accepting God as God! This is the knowing of your place in accordance to God and that you can’t do anything without him.

Now you can call me horrible for saying anyone that doesn’t follow Christianity is going to hell but ultimately it isn’t because of me, it is because they chose not to believe in the things the Bible states you have to do to be saved. You can say well why is my way not good enough? But it boils back down to the fact it is YOUR way and not that of God. Taken any other religion and it is about ‘what can I do to be “good” enough to be saved’ or some form of exalting your self to the status of God. And that is the reason they will never work.

From a Christian point of view I can only offer the path, it is your choice to take it.

Also let me state that just because you realize you can't keep the law doesn't mean you can ignore it or try to be as sinful as possible. Once you are saved you try on a moment by moment basis to be the best you can out of love for God and thus seek to please him by doing the things he likes. That doesn't mean you are perfect or better than anyone else, everyone has things that they do on a daily basis which are sinful.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast