+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should the gov. provide a free higher education?

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Should the gov. provide a free higher education?

O.K . Something that has been bugging me for a while. Well supposedly , the U.S. wants a smarter and more capable generation than what we are turning out to be. So if that is what they want, then shouldn't they provide us with a free college education? I mean sure there are student loans, scholarships , and stuff like that , but there are still a lot of people who can't get into college because of money problems. If we are provided with a higher education , then we would bring oh so many benefits to the U.S. Look at China for example, they are all like really smart and quite , oh don't take it the wrong way, but they are useful. So , what do you think, should we get a free higher education. Or is that only for the honor students and the ones with money?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 15, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should the gov. provide a free higher education?

If the goverment provided free education for all the students who wanted to go to college then they would have to pay for everything. Can you imagine how much money they would spend each semester for a couple of thousand students? We have a huge national debt now imagine how large it would get if the gov. had to pay for college eduction. It wouldn't be very smart.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 15, 2006 at 08:07 AM.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know much about system in states but in Finland higher education is
    still free for all. But even in here they are planning that there is going to
    be fee for students that come from outside EU. And you'll get kinda nice
    share of that fee back if you work in Finland 10 years or so, or so they have planned.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

yep... i agree with whitefoxdemon....

and besides it's up to the youth if they want to study or not... some out of school youth have dropped out not because of financial problems but, well, because they just wanted to... it doesn't really matter if the government would provide free education... the question is, how could they convince the younger generation to go to school and study... even if there's free education, it will be quite hard to change the kids' minds...

oh, another thing... if a free education would be granted, the government is sure to spend lots of money... they would have to drop other priorities.. why? just think of the US population, or the young population at that.. there are lots of youngsters out there, so certainly, problems will arise... for instance, lack of books and supplies, chairs, buildings, stuff like that...

I understand that the intention of your proposal is good, but it is not an easy thing... it is rather complicated... for now what we can do is to well, do our responsibilities as students, which no. 1 is to study hard....

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoxdemon
    If the goverment provided free education for all the students who wanted to go to college then they would have to pay for everything. Can you imagine how much money they would spend each semester for a couple of thousand students? We have a huge national debt now imagine how large it would get if the gov. had to pay for college eduction. It wouldn't be very smart.
    Why not ? The gov. might as well spend the money on something useful.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the US has in place a pretty decent education system. However, the system can onlyl go so far, and sometimes it should be up to the responsibility of the students to do well and progress.

If the US was to make college free, there will be less of a motivation to succeed. Just take a look at the US's current highschool for instance. When you go to a highschool class, the environment is very much carefree. This is because highschool is free. There are less pressures. Sure, there are the nerds who are all attentive, but you must admit, for the most part, many of the highschoolers do not care.

College is more of an optional choice of education, as many do not choose to go to school after they have graduated 18. Those who do choose this route must pay and work harder, because money is paid for each course. I know I have.

I think a better solution is to improve highschool systems, since that is very the key education occurs. Students who do not do well in this stage do not want to progress to college. Highschool is already free, but more $ should be spent in sculpting better teachers and allow them more benefits to keep them content and motivated to better educate future generations.

o~Piggy-san~o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    I think the US has in place a pretty decent education system. However, the system can onlyl go so far, and sometimes it should be up to the responsibility of the students to do well and progress.

If the US was to make college free, there will be less of a motivation to succeed. Just take a look at the US's current highschool for instance. When you go to a highschool class, the environment is very much carefree. This is because highschool is free. There are less pressures. Sure, there are the nerds who are all attentive, but you must admit, for the most part, many of the highschoolers do not care.

College is more of an optional choice of education, as many do not choose to go to school after they have graduated 18. Those who do choose this route must pay and work harder, because money is paid for each course. I know I have.

I think a better solution is to improve highschool systems, since that is very the key education occurs. Students who do not do well in this stage do not want to progress to college. Highschool is already free, but more $ should be spent in sculpting better teachers and allow them more benefits to keep them content and motivated to better educate future generations.
    I guess I must agree that we would be less motivated to succeed. But instead of spending all those hours repeating pretty much what you learned in the 6th grade(like english classes and some math) wouldn't it be better to incorporate college into high school more than what they are doing now?
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie Archy may be famous one day Archy may be famous one day Archy's Avatar
    Thanks

idk about other countries but romania isn't a rich country so i am positive the gov. wouldn't be able to pay our higher educations

i want to go to med school that is 6 years
    do you have any ideea how much it costs only at med to pay for all the sudents

so yeah it is imposibe.

and my high-school is payed by the gov so i don't give a f*** about how i graduate aslong as i do

once i am on my own money i will have the interest for them to be spend in a good way
    I never know just why you run so far away...far away from me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast