+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should History be taught in school?

Newbie shoru is off to a good start shoru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should History be taught in school?

Thank you all. You have opend my eyes, well some what. I still believe history should be changed to support educational standards and not personal beliefs. Some of it has, I don't disagree with that. But I have noticed some history to be completely one sided.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

You may just be disappointed by the level of the History that you've been taught. Usually you don't get into the perspective of history from different viewpoints, and conflicting interpretations of history until you're up to the college level. High School and below, most students wouldn't have the maturity to understand these concepts...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I can think of few things MORE likely to destroy us than the mindset that complete ignorance is preferable to knowledge you need to sort out for yourself.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    ..."well this happened before and i dont want it to happen again". Its about learning from past mistakes.

Like the war in Iraq. Obviously, President Bush didn't learn enough history, with his c average gpa. He obviously didnt know enough about the Vietnam war, and how bad that was.

Woo! Love it!

You are completely correct. Like I said If we don't learn from our mistakes...

You hit it on the head!

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Personly i love history.i try and reseach to learn more.but i find that it is a little offensive when they say that native american were their emenies. I being a Native,don't like it.I thought it was a little stupid for some people to think that they were supreme because of their color. That really ticks me off.but still you learn history for a reason,and it may on one side and not the other.if that what it is RESEACH!!!Find your own answers.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

History should be taught in order to teach people things so they wont happen again, its like a lesson learn. Although it is true that people do strecth the truth, but this text books are not wrong, but they may have parts and bits of the actually story, which is all we got. Once something is proven wrong in the books it is then changed to the correction

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

well considering the fact that we dont give a **** 'said by my friend' i dont think it should i mean

come on do we really need to know?

i think it should be an elective

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

History is important. I agree with Umbriel: If we don't know our history, we're doomed to repeat it.

I totally think that history needs to be taught in school and the fact that the question has been raised makes me wonder why anyone would want to exsist on this Earth without knowing the past endeavors of mankind. I think history would be a better subject in schools if they didn't omit certain events from textbooks--especially Black history.

Screw Black History month!! One month given to a race that's been looked down on for centuries, to learn a small amount of historical facts about thier forefathers??? That's retarded!! We can learn about the conquests of Europeans and other random white people here in America, but when you want to know about Black people who have helped shape the country, we learn about the typical bunch of people. George Washingon Carver (who cares about a damn peanut??), Martin Luther King, Jr. (Yes, we all know he had a dream, yes he was a pivotal figure in the civil rights movement, but do we gotta learn about him EVERY year??), Rosa Parks (so she decided she wanted to rest her tired feet... and??), Harriet Tubman (there were more people than her that ran the underground railroad!!)...

If you're gonna teach kids about the history of our country, then you should include the people who did a majority of good for the country. You should include black history as a daily learning experience, not monthly and DEFINITELY not in a separate class room!! Nobody ever mentioned how Columbus didn't discover America, nobody cares that it was really White people scalping Native Americans and not the other way around!

Until they fix the corrupted textbooks, screw history. Teach it, yes! But teach the truth!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast